The Link server went from Medium to Very High

Ryudnard.2587

@"Dayra.7405" said:Most likely the GW2-API:https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/worlds?lang=en&ids=all

Inadequate data? Very inadequate data in this case for being happening along more of five years!

Again: Kodash with "full" tag for one year, and it been buried in the bottom of the table for a lot of months? C'mon, what kind of joke is this? If they messed the numbers witn this server, clearly they messed them with all servers. Data is misleading the calculations, so it will happen with the Alliances, since they gonna count -said by themselves- the spent hours in the Border. What the hell?!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Cyninja.2954 said:As someone who is active on Dzago and in a WvW guild running internal raids regularly. The vast influx of people to Dzago is from our longtime german link server Abaddon. We had the nickname Dzagoddon for a while.

Given the new re-links happen with servers of other nationalities, and the duration that both german servers were linked, a lot of guilds and players transfered to Dzago. This has nothing to do with wanting to steam roll other players (at least not from the serious WvW guilds and players I know of) but rather is a reaction to a community being split appart and people consolidating on 1 server.

What most NA players completely forget is this: EU servers are divide up among multiple languages and while many people speak english, there is quite a few who are not fluent in it or lead and play in their own national language. Most of our commanders have started to lead in english as good as they can to accomodate our link with Gunnar but pleaze realize, up until the big relink, commanders were leading in german (and most still do internally). Langauge barrier is an actual concern on EU.

As to ppt versus gvg and statics, Dzago is home to 4-5 WvW statics which run interal raids 2-3 times per week each (and some of the comms run publics on off days). If you think we are having a blast just ppting away, think again. Most people here want good fights (and given how many of the core WvW players are at 5-10k rank, you can imagine it's not about the skirmish tickets).

So no, this isn't some malicious players just wanting to farm away (well some maybe, can never account for everyone) but rather a population imbalance which happened due to multiple reasons comming together at the same point in time. Hopefully this will clear itsself up with the next relink.

Language concern also affects NA

eu server baruch bay has an entire night crew from mexico that obviously speaks spanisheu server vizunah square (and jade sea) had a canadian night crew who obviously speak mostly french

so na has french, english and spanish. not as divided as eu, but still a barrier nontheless

The extreme ways to get your play-hours a day are:1) all maps are full for 2h and no one plays the other 22h of the day2) your players are equally distributed over the day.Server that tend to 1) have good K:D and loose most matches (as they win only 1 skirmish per day)Servers that tend to 2) have worst K:D (as they are either outnumbered or don't meet an enemy) but win every match (as the win 11 of the 12 skirmishes)Kodash was proud to be a type 1 server with a good K:D, that lost most matches, so they were at the bottom of the table.

But that doesn't say that play-hours are a misleading way to measure server-activity.

@"Dayra.7405" said:But that doesn't say that play-hours are a misleading way to measure server-activity.Considering this, I'd vote for measuring the "server fun" instead of "server activity", and lock fun servers to save them from getting bandwaggoned ^^

@melandru.3876 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:As someone who is active on Dzago and in a WvW guild running internal raids regularly. The vast influx of people to Dzago is from our longtime german link server Abaddon. We had the nickname Dzagoddon for a while.

Given the new re-links happen with servers of other nationalities, and the duration that both german servers were linked, a lot of guilds and players transfered to Dzago. This has nothing to do with wanting to steam roll other players (at least not from the serious WvW guilds and players I know of) but rather
is a reaction to a community being split appart and people consolidating on 1 server

What most NA players completely forget is this:
EU servers are divide up among multiple languages
and while many people speak english, there is quite a few who are not fluent in it or lead and play in their own national language. Most of our commanders have started to lead in english as good as they can to accomodate our link with Gunnar but pleaze realize, up until the big relink, commanders were leading in german (and most still do internally). Langauge barrier is an actual concern on EU.

As to ppt versus gvg and statics, Dzago is home to 4-5 WvW statics which run interal raids 2-3 times per week each (and some of the comms run publics on off days). If you think we are having a blast just ppting away, think again. Most people here want good fights (and given how many of the core WvW players are at 5-10k rank, you can imagine it's not about the skirmish tickets).

So no, this isn't some malicious players just wanting to farm away (well some maybe, can never account for everyone) but rather a population imbalance which happened due to multiple reasons comming together at the same point in time. Hopefully this will clear itsself up with the next relink.

eu server baruch bay has an entire night crew from mexico that obviously speaks spanisheu server vizunah square (and jade sea) had a canadian night crew who obviously speak mostly french

so na has french, english and spanish. not as divided as eu, but still a barrier nontheless

I'm from Jade Sea, and I'm looking for the canadian night crew .... If there is one, it must be small when I see our night tic

@enkidu.5937 said:

@"Dayra.7405" said:But that doesn't say that play-hours are a misleading way to measure server-activity.Considering this, I'd vote for measuring the "server fun" instead of "server activity", and lock fun servers to save them from getting bandwaggoned ^^

'here you go new Guy, choose from the top3 toxic serversEnjoy your time'

@melandru.3876 said:

Given the new re-links happen with servers of other nationalities, and the duration that both german servers were linked, a lot of guilds and players transfered to Dzago. This has nothing to do with wanting to steam roll other players (at least not from the serious WvW guilds and players I know of) but rather
is a reaction to a community being split appart and people consolidating on 1 server

and while many people speak english, there is quite a few who are not fluent in it or lead and play in their own national language. Most of our commanders have started to lead in english as good as they can to accomodate our link with Gunnar but pleaze realize, up until the big relink, commanders were leading in german (and most still do internally). Langauge barrier is an actual concern on EU.

And Portugese, spoken in Brazil, to round out the Americas.. Then there's all the Asian languages. Europe is downright homogeneous by comparison.

@Shining One.1635 said:

@"enkidu.5937" said:Considering this, I'd vote for measuring the "server fun" instead of "server activity", and lock fun servers to save them from getting bandwaggoned.How does one mathematically calculate fun? Does this fun level apply to all servers or just the one you're on?Maybe let the ppl on that server vote, idk^^"Do you want more players or more queues?"quite a high risk, that it gets out of control xD

@enkidu.5937 said:

@enkidu.5937 said:Considering this, I'd vote for measuring the "server fun" instead of "server activity", and lock fun servers to save them from getting bandwaggoned.How does one mathematically calculate fun? Does this fun level apply to all servers or just the one you're on?Maybe let the ppl on that server vote, idk^^"Do you want more players or more queues?"quite a high risk, that it gets out of control xDGood question to ask made even better by having "yes" and "no" as the options to answer.

@scureuil.4052 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:As someone who is active on Dzago and in a WvW guild running internal raids regularly. The vast influx of people to Dzago is from our longtime german link server Abaddon. We had the nickname Dzagoddon for a while.

I'm from Jade Sea, and I'm looking for the canadian night crew .... If there is one, it must be small when I see our night tic

first sentence "has"second sentence (your server) "had"

seems clear to me why you don't find your nightcrew

and for that matter, desolation nightcrew rains supreme. years of ppt experience, one does not simply beat that

@"melandru.3876" said:

first sentence "has"second sentence (your server) "had"

seems clear to me why you don't find your nightcrew

and for that matter, desolation nightcrew rains supreme. years of ppt experience, one does not simply beat that

Oops

I didn't see the difference when I read your post, sorry :s

@"Carcharoth Lucian.1378" said:To add some data from the wiki about eu world population (07/11/2019) :

9Ui5RXo.png

If these tags are right actually (which I doubt it), there are only two options:

1. Arenanet had been lying us about the populations along five years.
  2. Arenanet is making changes in the population caps without having idea about what they're doing.

I don't know what option is worse.

@Cambeleg.7632 said:

If these tags are right actually (which I doubt it), there are only two options:

1. Arenanet had been lying us about the populations along five years.
  2. Arenanet is making changes in the population caps without having idea about what they're doing.

I don't know what option is worse.

When did you feel they knew what they were doing?

@Ryudnard.2587 said:The host server was medium-high. And now we have a linker server which is likely to be FULL quite soon.

I heard that ~300 germans trasnferred at once yesterday. And now we have like 60 queue's in every borderland. This is crazy. Wouldn't this kind of mass transfer totally trash the purpose of re-link? I think it makes sense to put some restriction in transferring for the first few weeks right after the re-link.

That's the whole purpose of relinking, milking monies from transfer

@Kaldo.7960 said:

@Kaldo.7960 said:yeah, probably that will happen, question is, who do u wanna blame? the player or the company that profits from this behaviour they permanently cause with their system

The players for bandwagoning AND Anet for not closing up the servers. I can understand a few players, but whole groups of hundreds, that has nothing to do with playing with friends. :/

We are a grown community that wants to play activly and so we transfered together. Why should we split up and get shattered just because Anets system of linkin and closing servers sucks? A full server with no link will die sooner or later cause guilds will move away cause they cannot recrute player anymore and so the server lacks guilds but still doesnt open up.

Yeah, its selfish behaviour in an environment that was created by arenanet und doesnt get fixed cause they make a lot of money every 8 weeks because of transfers. They should have closed a lot of server for good, but they dont. After 7 years every other game would already have adjusted their ammount of server. Its obvious how little they care about wvw, how disconnected they are to the wvw playerbase and that the linking system is an instrument not to balance the population but to make cash.

So pls dont blame the player that they try to make the most for them out of the situation. A lot of player wouldnt show this behaivour if they could have a fun time on their server without transfering.

So vote with your wallet instead of falling for the trick?