Community & Dev Drawing Board?

I know that the majority of everyone are not pleased with the silence / lack of communication on reasons based on patch notes and why some bugs still exist or other content.This isn't a witch hunt thread mind you, but rather a suggestion to have a thread or multiple threads within the profession forums and devs assigned to those professions' skills, mechanics and bugs associated with them.

Would it be a bad idea to have a dev or a few assigned to those profession threads to take feedback, interact with what the basic ideas are on that profession and what will and would not work, take about a week to discuss with with higher ups, then place it on a currently "on the board" as a suggestion they may consider? What about "we know these bugs 1, 2, and 3 and currently looking into fixing number 2 asap." or "Dev.XXXX here, I love that idea from user.XXXX and it was well received in the thread, we will see if the skills team likes it, for now its on the submission list" or even "Dev.XXXX here, How about instead of X we allow __ to ___ and trade places with an enemy?!"

I'm sure that if we just has SOMETHING along the lines of this it will give the community a bit of relief to know they can talk about their ideas and problems.

We don't expect much sometimes (yes sometimes) but just a little Community Drawing Board if you will on certain matters can make a huge difference.

sometimes the best ideas can come from those you least expect!

The top feedback is already posted often enough that there's no point in asking for it again. But one way a conversation like that can be useful is if feedback is needed on specific issues that players don't talk about much.

Still, it may be easy enough to get that kind of feedback from QA, who will usually have a better understanding of the principles behind game design than the general public, and may therefore be better placed to suggest solutions.

@ricky markham.1689 said:they tried a version of this that back when chris whiteside was there not sure what happened to them

They were gone when Chris left. They were utterly pretentious and not well formatted. However, they had an effect on the game in terms of producing masteries and other horizontal progression ideas.

I prefer a more free flowing, spontaneous interaction, although at this point I'll just take interaction

@Randulf.7614 said:

@ricky markham.1689 said:they tried a version of this that back when chris whiteside was there not sure what happened to them

They were gone when Chris left. They were utterly pretentious and not well formatted. However, they had an effect on the game in terms of producing masteries and other horizontal progression ideas.

I prefer a more free flowing, spontaneous interaction, although at this point I'll just take interaction

Hell, if they came in game and flooded instances or towns to ask people what they would like to see or concerns THAT would be awesome just the same