Mount skin delay

Hi everyone,I would like to raise awareness for this issue with the mount skins not loading up as they should.So basically aNet is selling us a skin for 2000gems and this should be a topic by itself but never-mind that i wouldn't have mentioned the price of the skin had it worked like it should.

What happens is you mount up and most of the times you'll see your default mount skin for like a sec, Before the actual skin you have on decides to show itself up. I tried asking around in map chat to see if anyone else is have this problem hoping this is something on my end, And to my disappointment the map chat made it very clear that i am not in fault here.

Now i don't know about you but i don't think it fair selling people a product that doesn't work properly, you might see it as exaggeration but i honestly feel like I've been scammed. contacted support team within the hour trying to get an explanation hoping they'll give me some new information, tl;dr no new information and he also mentioned that refunding is not an option. The nice support team member asked me to post about this to "help expedite a fix" for a bug that has been around for more than a year now and you can easily find several posts about this.While looking around the forums I couldn't find any response to this issue from aNet's developers side in similar older posts, correct me if i'm wrong tho.

I'm sure that there are bugs that are more severe than this but its such a cringe and a disappointing thing to find out after i finally decided to get it.In this case the Gem store is where we spend our hard earned money for ingame extras, i think its fair to demand at the very least they'll work without flaws. The Shimmerwing Skyscale was my first mount skin purchase and most certainly the last, at least until this issue is fixed, for now i'll just keep using the default Skyscale skin.

Came out longer than i wanted it to be and i'm not the type of person who rants like this on forums but i felt the need to share this. I want to mention that I've been playing gw2 on and off for around 6 years now, Showing my support overs the years and bought a good amount of gems and never felt bad about it, until today.

The 'bug' you say is found on the forums is referencing the opposite issue your OP references. That bug only applies to default Mount skins, not Gem Store skins.Showing default models, on anything in-game, is a function of how fast your computer loads said models, and the priority in which they are loaded. One second isn't a very long time.

Also, 'bug' reports have their own sub-forum: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/bugs%3A-game-forum-website

Good luck.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:The 'bug' you say is found on the forums is referencing the opposite issue your OP references. That bug only applies to default Mount skins, not Gem Store skins.Showing default models, on anything in-game, is a function of how fast your computer loads said models, and the priority in which they are loaded. One second isn't a very long time.

Also, 'bug' reports have their own sub-forum: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/bugs%3A-game-forum-website

Good luck.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/27987/mount-skin-delay-on-summon & https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7yd6n7/mounts_taking_some_time_to_show_the_proper_skin/the links above will answer your claim that models load based on how fast the computer is(funny to see you've posted there too), and there shouldn't be a delay at all, i paid for the skin cuz i didn't like how the default skin looks. if i wanted to see the default skin when i mount up i wouldn't have bought the item in first place, and if i'm posting about this then for me one second is obviously more than enough.i have decided not to post this on the bugs forum mainly because i wanted more people to see it and raise a discussion,

@Blocki.4931 said:So because you don't understand (and insist that it's not that) how loading works you want to talk about something that's been talked about a hundred times already. Especially funny considering you link to one of them in that other post.

I don't claim to know everything, What I'm trying to say is that the performance of my computer makes no difference and I've also mentioned this in the OP. Bottom line is I paid for a premium skin it should load just as fast as the default one.

It doesn't happen everytime (at least not for me), mostly when I only just entered the map. It may even last a few seconds and not just 1 second. Would it be nice if it didn't happen? Ofc. it would. But as far as issues go it is quite small and Im not overly bothered by it.

This happens to me sometimes. It ranges from less than a second of the default skin to several seconds, depending on the area I'm in and how quickly I mount up after loading into the map. The same things happens if you switch outfits just after loading into a map (you'll see your previous appearance for a while before it changes) or if there's lots of players around you when you enter (they'll use the default models first then their actual appearance will load).

Your computer and internet connection does make a difference. When I've upgraded my computer, and even when I've had a really thorough clean out, everything will load much faster. But I'm not sure if it's possible to stop it completely, I don't think you could ever get a connection so good that the intermediate loading stage never happens.

But the point is this isn't a problem with the specific skin you bought - it will happen the same way with all mount skins no matter what they cost or how they're obtained. There isn't any way to avoid it completely, but you can reduce how frequently you see it and how long the default skin shows before changing by making sure you wait for everything else to load before mounting.

@Zeefa.3915 said:It doesn't happen everytime (at least not for me), mostly when I only just entered the map. It may even last a few seconds and not just 1 second. Would it be nice if it didn't happen? Ofc. it would. But as far as issues go it is quite small and Im not overly bothered by it.

idk i guess i have some sort of OCd over this cuz i cant help but notice default skin even if its only for a brief moment, you are right tho it gets less distinctive after you load the map, so they basically fixed an older bug by delaying overlays.im no expert here but i did get to play multiple mmos before and this solution that they found just feels cheap, it feels like they covered a more serious problem behind a smaller problem in a game with skins are like the only reason people play..

@whoeverxwins.1279 said:My default skins load underground and make me stuck. That itself irritates me no end, because it seems Anet wants to force us to buy skins. My skinned mount loads immediately, though on my potato computer it does show the default skin, sometimes for several seconds. That I know is my computer, not the game.

Yes this so much, i hate that. And then when they unstick im shot into orbit.

Pretty sure that's your computer loading things up man. Its not a bug, its the base model that loads followed by the skin. Think of it like this, when you draw a person you draw the body structure first and then the skin or clothes, pc does the same but in your case a bit slow.

@Xervite.5493 said:Pretty sure that's your computer loading things up man. Its not a bug, its the base model that loads followed by the skin. Think of it like this, when you draw a person you draw the body structure first and then the skin or clothes, pc does the same but in your case a bit slow.and yet you see plenty other people complain here saying they're playing with a top of the line PC, not to mention ive turned setting to lowest possible - still happens so its not it.my point is that it shouldn't work like that, the skin should be 'skeleton'

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Are you using an SSD? An SSD loads much, much faster.

he's complaining about 1 second loading....1 second.

OP, sometimes it takes my mount skin 30 seconds to load. I've flown to where I want to go and dismounted before ever seeing my premiun skin.

Doesn't bother me, I'm really not seeing the big deal with a couple of seconds.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Are you using an SSD? An SSD loads much, much faster.

feels like your trying to troll here

How does this feel like a troll?Seeing the base mount is about the game not loading the fancy skin before more important things. If your computer can load faster it will show the mount less often. An SSD makes the game load much faster and as a result would make you see the base mount instead of your fancy skin less often and few fewer seconds.

Because as i've already mention in previous, comments, people with a more than capable machines experience the same issue, and therefor the performance of my computer is not the matter here... and ive said it like 3 times already

@Shadow.4792 said:

How does this feel like a troll?Seeing the base mount is about the game not loading the fancy skin before more important things. If your computer can load faster it will show the mount less often. An SSD makes the game load much faster and as a result would make you see the base mount instead of your fancy skin less often and few fewer seconds.

Because as i've already mention in previous, comments, people with a more than capable machines experience the same issue, and therefor the performance of my computer is not the matter here... and ive said it like 3 times already

Then explain the people who have said that they no longer experience this (or experience it less) after upgrading their machine?

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

And this whole entire post isn't? You're demanding drastic changes to game code because you have to see a default skin for one second or two before your computer loads in models and textures.

I just feel like they're cheaping out here and it annoys me to see, especially in a game so heavly focused towards skins and shiny and whatnot

@Shadow.4792 said:

I just feel like they're cheaping out here and it annoys me to see, especially in a game so heavly focused towards skins and shiny and whatnot

I agree with you, the mount skins should load automatically just like everything else in the environment when I enter a map, nothing else has pop up issues for me, just the mount skins.

Then explain the people who have said that they no longer experience this (or experience it less) after upgrading their machine?you're missing the point, you're basically asking a big portion of community to upgrade their computer because aNet cant code, and even that wont fully solve the problem.. people who care about this will still notice it happening.

@Shadow.4792 said:

Then explain the people who have said that they no longer experience this (or experience it less) after upgrading their machine?you're missing the point, you're basically asking a big portion of community to upgrade their computer because aNet cant code

Can you code? What is your coding experience? Have you worked on coding video games? Do you have any actual knowledge of the current coding used in GW2?

And no, I am not telling anyone to upgrade their computers. I am saying that a split second of seeing a base mount is not a big issue. But if it really bothers you that much then you need a better computer because, like almost every single game in existence, GW2 runs more smoothly on better machines. Shocker, I know.