Only balance i want to hear..

Hadi.6025

@knite.1542 said:

@steki.1478 said:That was kinda the intention of mounts. More time spent fighting instead of running.

No it was to get around the maps faster. not to get into a fight after you LOST.

Those two things are ... the same.

No it is not. Like the other guy said earlier about people Graveyarding ( basically suiciding until they can win the fight) is not the same as someone just moving to another objective. One does with just movement and the other deals with how people are playing the game mode. My problem with the mount is that it causes endless fighting because people can just keep running out of spawn in less than 2 seconds after losing.

I don't think that makes sense. So it's your opinion that Anet wants people to get around maps faster ... but not be able to fight when they get there? If that's the case, why are you able to do that in the first place? I mean, Warclaw is implemented to do EXACTLY what I'm describing. It's also designed so a player can be dismounted and killed ... so it seems to me ... very much Yes ... getting to a place on your Warclaw and getting into a fight is completely INTENDED.

Graveyarding or not ... getting around faster is the same as getting to a fight faster as well. They ARE the same thing.

How are you not understanding what i just typed? I just said people are getting to the fight too fast. I am not talking about people moving around the map fast.

I understand those things are the same because the fights happen in the maps. Therefore, getting around the maps faster (intended) is the SAME as getting back and fighting faster. I know you have separated those things in your mind, but they aren't. You can see that in how the Warclaw has been implemented. If it wasn't intended that a player could run back and get into a fight off the Warclaw ... you wouldn't be able to dismount and kill a player. It works both ways.

If you advocate some mechanic where a player can't get in a fight because they used a Warclaw to get there, then Warclaw must be immune to forced dismounts and combat.

Hmm. I don't think OP is saying players can't fight. The point is preventing the same players from continuing to immediately rejoin the fight after they've lost. Which some sort of cooldown would do.

Yeah I understand that ... I don't see a problem with people doing that ... He wants to punish people for being able to regroup and self-organize. That doesn't make sense.

Put it this way ... why is a Warclaw problem ... the same thing happens when there is a fight close to a spawn point ... but no one has a problem then.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Obtena.7952 said:

@steki.1478 said:That was kinda the intention of mounts. More time spent fighting instead of running.

No it was to get around the maps faster. not to get into a fight after you LOST.

Those two things are ... the same.

No it is not. Like the other guy said earlier about people Graveyarding ( basically suiciding until they can win the fight) is not the same as someone just moving to another objective. One does with just movement and the other deals with how people are playing the game mode. My problem with the mount is that it causes endless fighting because people can just keep running out of spawn in less than 2 seconds after losing.

I don't think that makes sense. So it's your opinion that Anet wants people to get around maps faster ... but not be able to fight when they get there? If that's the case, why are you able to do that in the first place? I mean, Warclaw is implemented to do EXACTLY what I'm describing. It's also designed so a player can be dismounted and killed ... so it seems to me ... very much Yes ... getting to a place on your Warclaw and getting into a fight is completely INTENDED.

Graveyarding or not ... getting around faster is the same as getting to a fight faster as well. They ARE the same thing.

How are you not understanding what i just typed? I just said people are getting to the fight too fast. I am not talking about people moving around the map fast.

I understand those things are the same because the fights happen in the maps. Therefore, getting around the maps faster (intended) is the SAME as getting back and fighting faster. I know you have separated those things in your mind, but they aren't. You can see that in how the Warclaw has been implemented. If it wasn't intended that a player could run back and get into a fight off the Warclaw ... you wouldn't be able to dismount and kill a player. It works both ways.

If you advocate some mechanic where a player can't get in a fight because they used a Warclaw to get there, then Warclaw must be immune to forced dismounts and combat.

Hmm. I don't think OP is saying players can't fight. The point is preventing the same players from continuing to immediately rejoin the fight after they've lost. Which some sort of cooldown would do.

Yeah I understand that ... I don't see a problem with people doing that ... He wants to punish people for being able to regroup and self-organize. That doesn't make sense.

Put it this way ... why is a Warclaw problem ... the same thing happens when there is a fight close to a spawn point ... but no one has a problem then.

Fighting near spawn isn't really an issue because I am not trying to capture an objective. I feel like the PvP example OP used is pretty good. But either way, our opinions are different and I am not trying to change yours.

I don't think warclaw specifically is an issue, but I think that when warclaws were added, maybe a respawn cooldown (similar to pvp) should have been added. I definitely think that the same person being able to contest and objective indefinitely is an issue.

The problem here isn't Warclaw ... it's the idea that there isn't a time cooldown for fighting after being killed. I'm actually ALL for that idea because it prevents spawn camping IF the cooldown is long enough. It can't just be a measure to punish people who have died and make them open season for being hunted. The combat restriction has to work BOTH ways. The only reason it works in PVP because you are isolate from being attacked AND attacking someone.

@Obtena.7952 said:That's a rather biased question to ask don't you think?

No, Warclaw isn't made specifically for people to get back to to a fight they lost. That's simply a consequence of it's intent. That's no reason to invent some contrived idea that people should be restricted from fighting when they get to a place using it.

It's a first hand experience of playing the current game. The game maps, the distances between objectives, were designed with a certain move speed in mind. Objectives further from spawn are further from reinforcement therefore harder to assualt, those closer are easier as you're closer to respawns.. But still able to be taken, as there is travel time from spawn to even the closest objective. Warclaw shortens this distance, but worse yet it drastically shortens travel time for the slowest and tankiest of builds... Builds designed to be powerful, but also not in control of the fight as they've made trade-offs away from mobility. Power OR speed, not both.

@Obtena.7952 said:And clearly Anet felt those distances were 'far', otherwise we wouldn't have had been given a fast mount to traverse them. The problem here isn't the Warclaw; it's the ability to fight immediately after respawn. The solution to that has nothing to do with changing Warclaw.

Just like they thought Perma stealth thief with a port was helpful as well.

???? ? ???

@Obtena.7952 said:And clearly Anet felt those distances were 'far', otherwise we wouldn't have had been given a fast mount to traverse them. The problem here isn't the Warclaw; it's the ability to fight immediately after respawn. The solution to that has nothing to do with changing Warclaw.

I believe Anet doesn't have proper game testers. It feels like Warclaw is still in Beta, and they should have at least had a beta test week before releasing it completely to the game. It kinda like when Revenant was first added to the game and their auto attacks were doing 4-5k dmg (sword auto attacks) and after people kept stating it was a problem they finally fixed it and toned down the damage. Thats what we are trying to do here. Warclaw was hastily added to the game mode with out even asking what players thought about it. We are the consumers after all we are the ones paying for the content. So why aren't they asking for player opinions and feedback before they hastily add something. A lot of people quit the game because of this . And thats a lot of money loss if you take in to consideration people buying mount skins ( if thats there only true reasoning for adding warclaw to the game). The frustration behind the lack of thought and balance to this mount to the game mode is insane. No dismounting? 10,000 health? Locked behind expansions? 3 Dodges (upon upgrading) ? Then they have an icon added that enemies can see that shows them that a player doesn't have a warclaw and they just jump on the new guy.

@Hadi.6025 said:

Then they have an icon added that enemies can see that shows them that a player doesn't have a warclaw and they just jump on the new guy.

You mean the come kill me icon? ahaha, that one is pretty ridiculous.

@Hadi.6025 said:

I believe Anet doesn't have proper game testers. It feels like Warclaw is still in Beta, and they should have at least had a beta test week before releasing it completely to the game. It kinda like when Revenant was first added to the game and their auto attacks were doing 4-5k dmg (sword auto attacks) and after people kept stating it was a problem they finally fixed it and toned down the damage. Thats what we are trying to do here. Warclaw was hastily added to the game mode with out even asking what players thought about it. We are the consumers after all we are the ones paying for the content. So why aren't they asking for player opinions and feedback before they hastily add something. A lot of people quit the game because of this . And thats a lot of money loss if you take in to consideration people buying mount skins ( if thats there only true reasoning for adding warclaw to the game). The frustration behind the lack of thought and balance to this mount to the game mode is insane. No dismounting? 10,000 health? Locked behind expansions? 3 Dodges (upon upgrading) ? Then they have an icon added that enemies can see that shows them that a player doesn't have a warclaw and they just jump on the new guy.

That's nice ... but the solution to your problem you describe in this thread isn't to change Warclaw. It's to add a cooldown to fighting after respawn.

@Obtena.7952 said:

That's nice ... but the solution to your problem you describe in this thread isn't to change Warclaw. It's to add a cooldown to fighting after respawn.

Adding a cooldown to mounting up would be a change to Warclaw bro...

@Hadi.6025 said:

yes, it would ... but I'm not suggesting a cooldown to mounting up BRO.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Oooh ok you're one of those people that like to get on the forums to argue. Ok i get it now.

@Hadi.6025 said:

Oooh ok you're one of those people that like to get on the forums to argue. Ok i get it now.

OOOO its a BroDown.

I wouldn't mind a cooldown to mounting up. Wouldnt be so bad once anet adds that dismounting action they mentioned is something for down the road.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

OOOO its a BroDown.

Nice.. I had never seen it calledbthat... ?. I am sooo stealing that!!!

?

@Hadi.6025 said:

No, I'm just suggesting something better that clearly you want to ignore because you have some other agenda.