The return of Auris Weirdbringer!

hugo.4705

Firslty, to be sure to speak about the same guy: It was a strange NPC that appeared a quite long time ago playing with the space-time and investigating on Bloodstone Incursions Rifts around Tyria and dead animals at Gillscale Pond (Field of Ruins):i4G9dKA.jpg

Believe, I wasn't seeking for him in the new map, but was really happy to find my old friend there!QjlwYjV.jpgPresent at the lower blood keep, he is tinkering around, making things explode and working on it seems an asuran gate.He even have his own POI! Auris Workshop. The very strange talk dialogue is the following;"He's too busy to acknowledge your presence", haven't tried to speak with him on my character with the rift stabilizer class II.It is likely that he is still playing with the space-time. I think he is not from Tyria and hide himself. He is always where something bad will happens?I really think he is studying magics, and the stability of ley-lines or whatever.

So heres a thing, brace yourself. If you have the rift stabilizer in your inventory and stand right ontop of the Broken asuran gate thats infront of his shop.. You'll start to pulse blue light And your rift stabilizer will lock onto the numbers 9 and 7.. and he'll ask you what you're doing and to please stop. If you move off the platform, the pulsing stops.However, If you stand there for 97 seconds..... eventually you'll notice the lights around it popping faster and faster.. and then he.. well you should go check it out and see what happens. :x I for one am super excited that they are bringing content about this back into the game. It holds SO much potential and I really wanna know what happens next.

@LilSamii.6012 said:So heres a thing, brace yourself. If you have the rift stabilizer in your inventory and stand right ontop of the Broken asuran gate thats infront of his shop.. You'll start to pulse blue light And your rift stabilizer will lock onto the numbers 9 and 7.. and he'll ask you what you're doing and to please stop. If you move off the platform, the pulsing stops.However, If you stand there for 97 seconds..... eventually you'll notice the lights around it popping faster and faster.. and then he.. well you should go check it out and see what happens. :x I for one am super excited that they are bringing content about this back into the game. It holds SO much potential and I really wanna know what happens next.

Thanks a lot for the tips. I thought It was a joke but I've verified it and just as you described it's awesome :O :D thanks DEVS for that easter egg.

@"cNd.1096" said:I deleted my Rift Stabilizer and I wanted to make new to see it for myself, but Auris dissapear from Fields of Ruin if we talk to him, I'm not sure if it was like this earlier? After 5 minutes or so he came back.

Yeah he's always done that. His title thing is "Poorly Anchored" and he basically seems to last in the world for about 97 seconds is the theory, then he teleports and ends up somewhere else around the pond. He always ends up there though in Fields of Ruin. And remember that you have to leave the dialogue on "Wait a minute, cub" while he fixes it. Once you both teleport is when you should get the item.

@hugo.4705 said:

@LilSamii.6012 said:So heres a thing, brace yourself. If you have the rift stabilizer in your inventory and stand right ontop of the Broken asuran gate thats infront of his shop.. You'll start to pulse blue light And your rift stabilizer will lock onto the numbers 9 and 7.. and he'll ask you what you're doing and to please stop. If you move off the platform, the pulsing stops.However, If you stand there for 97 seconds..... eventually you'll notice the lights around it popping faster and faster.. and then he.. well you should go check it out and see what happens. :x I for one am super excited that they are bringing content about this back into the game. It holds SO much potential and I really wanna know what happens next.

Thanks a lot for the tips. I thought It was a joke but I'm verified it and just as you described it's awesome :O :D thanks DEVS for that easter egg.

IKR? I'm suuuuuper hyped lol. I cant wait to see what they do with it and hopefully it wont take another 3 years

@LilSamii.6012 said:

@"cNd.1096" said:I deleted my Rift Stabilizer and I wanted to make new to see it for myself, but Auris dissapear from Fields of Ruin if we talk to him, I'm not sure if it was like this earlier? After 5 minutes or so he came back.

Yeah he's always done that. His title thing is "Poorly Anchored" and he basically seems to last in the world for about 97 seconds is the theory, then he teleports and ends up somewhere else around the pond. He always ends up there though in Fields of Ruin. And remember that you have to leave the dialogue on "Wait a minute, cub" while he fixes it. Once you both teleport is when you should get the item.

Thanks, couldn't figure it out, the problem is that there are no more rifts, at least in Field of Ruin, so I think it's impossible anymore to make Rift Stabilizer II.

For me we have some hypothesis:1~He broke the fractal in which he was trapped at gillscale pond. He was finally free here, in Grothmar Valley and we just resent him in the fractal.2~He is badly anchored, and keep teleporting around to investigate on some paranormal phenomenons.3~He isn't from Tyria and came from a very evolved place and he spy us.4~He came as a guardian angel, a mist stranger telling you something bad will happens.

@"cNd.1096" said:

Thanks, couldn't figure it out, the problem is that there are no more rifts, at least in Field of Ruin, so I think it's impossible anymore to make Rift Stabilizer II.

Made it a few months ago, still possible.Bloodstone rifts pop randomly around field of ruins. For class 1 stabilizer it's at the bottom at the pond, just enter a rift without stabilization. Reminder: for class 2, you have to stabilize rift with each number and return to Auris.

@hugo.4705 said:

@"cNd.1096" said:

Made it a few months ago, still possible.Bloodstone rifts pop randomly around field of ruins. For class 1 stabilizer it's at the bottom at the pond, just enter a rift without stabilization. Reminder: for class 2, you have to stabilize rift with each number and return to Auris.

Are you sure it still works? For 30 minutes in Field of Ruin I couldn't find any rift.

@hugo.4705

@"cNd.1096" said:Are you sure it still works? For 30 minutes in Field of Ruin I couldn't find any rift.

Yup, I know I had the same problem, can take up to 2h to find one, they are common but hard to spot. Here is three recommanded spots: near gillscale pond, north- east of tyler bivouac in the forest or wreckage of doom spy watch. I also recommand you to check wiki page about class 1 and class 2 rift stabilizer ^^

@hugo.4705 said:

@"cNd.1096" said:Are you sure it still works? For 30 minutes in Field of Ruin I couldn't find any rift.

Yup, I know I had the same problem, can take up to 2h to find one, they are common but hard to spot. Here is three recommanded spots: near gillscale pond, north- east of tyler bivouac in the forest or wreckage of doom spy watch. I also recommand you to check wiki page about class 1 and class 2 rift stabilizer ^^

Thanks, I'll keep looking :)

Darn, I was not watching him so I didn't see what he did at the end of the light show. I'll try again another time.

! I mean, I can see that he's gone, I just didn't see the vanishing.

For clarity for others trying this, "on top of" the broken gate does not mean on the portal's broken top lying on the ground and sparking, nor does it mean up on the broken part sticking in the air. It means on the square platform in front of the portal, with your stabilizer in your hand.

@"LilSamii.6012" said:Also to note, if you talk to him, he doesnt know who you are. You tell him "You always called me cub.." and he says "Cub, I like that, but Im busy atm go away". Which tells us this particular version of him hasnt met us yet. I'm thinking time traveller.

And this is the moment where it starts. He says at one point while making the Rift Stabilizer that we mentioned 97 when we didn't. But we do here when you talk to him. We involuntarily caused his mist adventures...through an item he himself gave us. We have a stable time loop.

Yup here is a very clear walkthrough if starting from zero:1~Find a bloodstone incursion/rift event in Field of Ruin. When finished, if you have a rift (red scar like portal between dimensions), jump in it!2~You will be teleported to gillscale pond, dive to the bottom toward "???" Object, interact. You have a mysterious device.3~Bring it to Auris Weirdbringer which one is walking near the pond. During dialogue "hold a minute cub", don't exit, stay near him for a minute.4~You are Teleported with him and now have class 1 rift stabilizer.5~Like "1" find a rift , finish the event, use your class 1 stabilizer to stabilize it. Once stabilized, use your skill bar to change the destination number. Repeat this 13 times, 1 for each number.6~Talk to Auris, your class 1 stabilizer is now a broken device so he will try to repair it.7~He upgraded it into class 2. You now have even more destination numbers!8~Bring it to him in grothmar valley, auris workshop. He now talk to you instead of not.9~Put yourself in the asuran gate/on the ramp, use your rift 2 stabilizer and wait. Observe.

@"cNd.1096" said:

Thanks, I'll keep looking :)

It often helps if someone who already has a stabilizer comes and helps you look for one. they can ping to try to open one. If you're still around, I dont mind coming to try to help you find one. I'm on NA, LilSamii.6012

@RyuDragnier.9476 said:

@"LilSamii.6012" said:Also to note, if you talk to him, he doesnt know who you are. You tell him "You always called me cub.." and he says "Cub, I like that, but Im busy atm go away". Which tells us this particular version of him hasnt met us yet. I'm thinking time traveller.

And this is the moment where it starts. He says at one point while making the Rift Stabilizer that we mentioned 97 when we didn't. But we do here when you talk to him. We involuntarily caused his mist adventures...through an item he himself gave us. We have a stable time loop.

This is my though as well. We now know that we sent him through the rift and he ended up trapped in that loop in the past. The only question now, is how do we save him? I wonder if its something we can do more now or if we need to wait for more to unfold in later chapters.