People are still refusing to fight Viscount

@miraude.2107 said:What ever happened to just saying the mechanic in chat so people know? Like seriously a simple 'stand in goo, count to 8, leave goo, no knockback from candy corn' as a squad announcement does WONDERS. After telling a small group that mechanic, they actually downed it faster and told others the 'trick' too. Is like, telling new players too hard for some vet players or is this a 'You should already know the mechanics and how dare you not know a thing?'. I didn't even know there was a mechanic for him until this year and I've been playing since 2015. All I ever thought was 'gotta break his bar.'

I always tell people in squad and say chat when doing the fight. So I try my best to spread the information about how to fight him.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Ok. I personally have not had any issues but I guess that doesn’t mean others don’t either.

It shouldn’t matter either way as you only really need a few people who know what they’re doing. Have mesmers chain feedback or supposedly someone with the buff can just stand in the boss’ hit box and reflect everything back. I haven’t bothered to see if that’s still possible this year and likely won’t as I got all of my achievements done already and will only do the quick daily ones.

You right. Only 2 mesmers with feedback can trivialize the entire fight. Each feedback will break the blue bar. If the other players will use the CC skills to break the bar - well, under these circumstances the Candy Corn Boss will have a very short life.

@Blaeys.3102 said:It's especially silly to skip him when there is a waypoint right above him. You can literally port and be back to the fight in 5 seconds by gliding down from the waypoint. Kind of makes the fight one of the easiest in the lab.

It’s skipped because of the time/effort it takes versus what you get for beating it. In the time it takes to kill that boss, you could have obtained 10+ times the loot.