enhancement: add option to scale mouse cursor

@ListenToMe.5130 said:sure, you can use yolomouse. but i don't like using other random software just to play my game.i wouldn't even care if we couldn't change the color. maybe a few different cursors, but most importantly, option to scale mouse cursor.thanks.

This is the first time I literally laughed out loud when reading. Not mocking you. But this is the same company that hasn't even given us the most BASIC UI OPTIONS in 7 years.

We can't even do something as simple as turn off toolbox tips that block 3 quarters of the screen with text when you play or re arrange our task bar.

@wrathmagik.3518 said:This is the first time I literally laughed out loud when reading. Not mocking you. But this is the same company that hasn't even given us the most BASIC UI OPTIONS in 7 years.

We can't even do something as simple as turn off toolbox tips that block 3 quarters of the screen with text when you play or re arrange our task bar.

Sad, but true. :/ Or deactivating other players' back pieces, or limiting visual effects, etc.

sorry> @wrathmagik.3518 said:

@ListenToMe.5130 said:sure, you can use yolomouse. but i don't like using other random software just to play my game.i wouldn't even care if we couldn't change the color. maybe a few different cursors, but most importantly, option to scale mouse cursor.thanks.

This is the first time I literally laughed out loud when reading. Not mocking you. But this is the same company that hasn't even given us the most BASIC UI OPTIONS in 7 years.

sorry, i have been only playing for 2 years. i'm not aware of a lot of the salt in the community. i don't read forums or go to reddit.

If you do not want to use any third party program and happen to run any version of Windows, there is a funny old option.

Control Panel => Mouse (non-category option) => Pointer Options2kS0Ec0.jpgEnable the option on the bottom & apply.

It is pretty self-explanatory, whenever you press CTRL, you get a pulse around your cursor - that works in GW2 as well. Helps a lot finding the cursor when lost.

P.S.

@"ListenToMe.5130" said:sure, you can use yolomouse. but i don't like using other random software just to play my game.

I understand that, but im case you change your mind, check out

, it has all the links in the description you need to play with GW2 cursors that are simply enlarged instead of YoloMouse's default cursors. (I've made my custom ones that are pink, because the other colors don't work well for me, and larger.)

Until then, for Mac users, adjust the cursor size:System Preferences > Accessibility > Display tab > adjust the “Cursor size” slider

You can make it fairly large, much larger than the similar cursor-sizing option in Windows. And you’ll probably want to scale it down again when finished playing.

I used to struggle with losing my cursor on the screen during messy encounters. YoloMouse helped a lot. I get that you don't want to use it, but I'd recommend giving it a second consideration and take a chance on it. It really helped me out with the same problem, and can be customized a bit. Very easy to install and tweak with a guide.