Best way to utilize the Build/Equipment templates for a WvW main?

EremiteAngel.9765

I have my same WvW build which was saved to slot 3 by default. Nothing new there.

But now I have a slot for my Healing build exclusively. My original WvW build was mostly group defense support and this one it group healing support.

I have a third template for Condition Damage build for group fights.

Main template is for Solo fighting but selfish build.

Thinking,

RoamingZerging

I encourage any person out there who zergs to make one a lamer spec to get back to the zerg if someone is harassing them and then once there they can swap back to zerg spec.

So if you are still playing lolHammer Rev as renegade you can make one slot a carry me mara dura s/s 1v1 herald build for traveling to your zerg.

Is there hot keys to load a full build set?

@Justine.6351 said:Thinking,

RoamingZerging

I encourage any person out there who zergs to make one a lamer spec to get back to the zerg if someone is harassing them and then once there they can swap back to zerg spec.

So if you are still playing lolHammer Rev as renegade you can make one slot a carry me mara dura s/s 1v1 herald build for traveling to your zerg.

You can bind hotkeys to specific traittemplates and also to gear templates

I have them bound to my numpad, gear template 1 on numpad1 and the fitting traits on numpad4, next build on 2 and 5 etc.

Im using a zerg specc and 2 different roaming speccs. Its quite nice to go so fluently from roaming into zerg mode and vice versa.

Especially when i roam, i often pass by ppl defending a tower or keep, were my roaming specc is completely different and not rly helpful i can now press 2 buttons and jump straight into the fight and help my group out.

@RedShark.9548 said:

RoamingZerging

I have them bound to my numpad, gear template 1 on numpad1 and the fitting traits on numpad4, next build on 2 and 5 etc.

Im using a zerg specc and 2 different roaming speccs. Its quite nice to go so fluently from roaming into zerg mode and vice versa.

Especially when i roam, i often pass by ppl defending a tower or keep, were my roaming specc is completely different and not rly helpful i can now press 2 buttons and jump straight into the fight and help my group out.

Thanks for pointing out why its cancer

Depends on what you do in wvw. If you are roamer I can give a simple advice.

-One slot for your standart roaming build.-One slot for siege destroying/tower defense.-One slot for annoying the enemy/contesting until help arrives.-One for singling out, bursting down important targets.

As it is a kind of pay-to-gain-advantage, I have only 2 options. Yet mine is a jack-off-all-trades kinda build so can do it with only 2 equipment slots/6 build templates.

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

RoamingZerging

You might want to elaborate on why this is cancer? It helps ppl to get more action out of the gamemode, i dont see anything wrong with that. Being able to adapt to zerging while roaming and vice versa allows me to participate in more fights and lets me be relevant.

@RedShark.9548 said:

RoamingZerging

You might want to elaborate on why this is cancer? It helps ppl to get more action out of the gamemode, i dont see anything wrong with that. Being able to adapt to zerging while roaming and vice versa allows me to participate in more fights and lets me be relevant.

I see a problem on the tools you choose to have and switch Them Any time you want and in Any circumstances on big scale. Certain builds Will bring IT to a huge advantage, especially if the enemy disengages really easily or has access to different aspects like stealth or traps

Im game for having IT at Spawn only or in combination with certain buffs from like keep lords. But not anywere or anytime

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

RoamingZerging

I see a problem on the tools you choose to have and switch Them Any time you want and in Any circumstances on big scale. Certain builds Will bring IT to a huge advantage, especially if the enemy disengages really easily or has access to different aspects like stealth or traps

Im game for having IT at Spawn only or in combination with certain buffs from like keep lords. But not anywere or anytime

You cant swap in a fight to a stealth build to run away... Or chase someone and while chasing change to a mobility build, get him infight and then swap back to dmg

@RedShark.9548 said:

RoamingZerging

You cant swap in a fight to a stealth build to run away... Or chase someone and while chasing change to a mobility build, get him infight and then swap back to dmg

Think he's talking about people who will see you and then instant switch builds to hard counter you and then instant switch back. Before they might have just played out the fight with the current build.

I have had people roll through core and both elite specs trying to kill me on a hammer Rev in the past...

After trying, I've bought 1 more equipment slot.3 templates to 3 equipment slots.1 for Core, 1 For HOT spec, 1 For POF spec.

I'm not sure if other classes enjoy the same variety as Necros (I think at least Guards do), but Core/HoT/POF specs on a Necro all have their own strengths/weaknesses and I would switch between them depending on the encounter.

@Justine.6351 said:

RoamingZerging

Think he's talking about people who will see you and then instant switch builds to hard counter you and then instant switch back. Before they might have just played out the fight with the current build.

I have had people roll through core and both elite specs trying to kill me on a hammer Rev in the past...To make an example:

You bring a decently powerful sustain build made to outlast and kill glassier dps builds.You suddenly face a zerker built thief.You easily handle the zerker thief but at 5% hp he teleports 2000+ range and out of combat.Within seconds he turn around and you prep to face him again...And he's back as a full condi bunker.

Is this really the gameplay we want out of an MMO where you are supposed to have made your choice of class and build?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

RoamingZerging

I have had people roll through core and both elite specs trying to kill me on a hammer Rev in the past...To make an example:

You bring a decently powerful sustain build made to outlast and kill glassier dps builds.You suddenly face a zerker built thief.You easily handle the zerker thief but at 5% hp he teleports 2000+ range and out of combat.Within seconds he turn around and you prep to face him again...And he's back as a full condi bunker.

Is this
really
the gameplay we want out of an MMO where you are supposed to have made your choice of class and build?

Perhaps if this was available back when I first started the game I would have been upset at opponents getting more instant build swap advantages.

But now 6 years later, I say to them, bring it on.Swap to whatever build that you feel hardcounters mine and I’ll fight you on it.

I don’t mind the additional challenge since 6 years is a very long time to feel like you’ve achieved everything you want to in a game.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

RoamingZerging

Is this
really
the gameplay we want out of an MMO where you are supposed to have made your choice of class and build?

Since i despise any thief build idc rly, let them do it, who cares i dont have much respect left for hit and run classes like that anyways.

And in the end nobody stops you from countering him aswell (even tho condi thief doesnt rly have a counter, except maybe walking into your tower and wait for him to get bored, but thats not fault of the template, but of the balancing team), and at this point it just becomes a mindgame.Will he swap to a build to counter you, will you swap your build aswell to counter his counter or will he anticipate your swap and just stays on his power build to destroy your anti condi specc.

Overall it in my opinion it should give more ppl the confidence to fight back, because they can swap from a zerg build to a roaming spec when they see the roamer approaching. Making for more interesting fights than just a zergling getting farmed by a roamer.

And more action overall, because of above stated reasons to quicker get into a zergbattle with a fitting build etc.