Strike mission luck factor is too high

Are you in the wrong half of the arena when they turn the floor to lava? Instant death. Are you in the wrong place when they start the line attacks? Instant death. The tells are too fast and the spacing too tight and some of them are just outright unavoidable depending on where you are standing before they even appear. You don't win by skill, you win by luck. It's utterly unfair and unskillful and unfun.

I've had 1 person (me, to be clear) die in about 15 Kodan strikes now, and my death was literally an error on my part, bad luck and then a rare moment of panic meaning I didn't condi clear myself fast enough.

You only instantly die if you're literally made of glass... and if you're made of glass, you're in trouble in strikes whether or not you have luck.

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:Are you in the wrong half of the arena when they turn the floor to lava? Instant death.

That's actually a one-time pattern which is always the same and never changes. Just stay in the northern area of the arena.

Are you in the wrong place when they start the line attacks? Instant death.

The line attacks start from the south and you have plenty of time to observe the ongoing while hitting the other boss.

The tells are too fast and the spacing too tight and some of them are just outright unavoidable depending on where you are standing before they even appear. You don't win by skill, you win by luck. It's utterly unfair and unskillful and unfun.

If you're not good enough you have to practice. Killed the encounter every day now with a random pug.Addition: The better squad leaders adjust a team around at least covering might, healing and having a warrior for banners.

You are really bad then. The new strike mission is EASY and should not be made easier.The first strike mission in grotmar valley was even easier and did not even feel like a challenge. If you want to do easy content you can go and do the champions and the meta. Leave strike missions alone and if touched, raise the difficulty.

To deal with the line attack, Claw will teleport to one side of the field, a quart off from Voice's position. So you can always tell this attack is comming if they're at the edge a quarter away.Claw will then launch the line across the field, and it will expand in the OPPOSITE direction of Voice.Meaning, if you're fighting Voice at that time, you're on the safe side.

that said, your complaints about instant deaths are null. Nothing about any strike mission is that deadly.You're either in the completely wrong gear, or in no gear at all.These aren't story bosses who wear a bit 'HIT ME' sign. These are strike missions with 'HIT ME HARD' signs

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:Are you in the wrong half of the arena when they turn the floor to lava? Instant death. Are you in the wrong place when they start the line attacks? Instant death. The tells are too fast and the spacing too tight and some of them are just outright unavoidable depending on where you are standing before they even appear. You don't win by skill, you win by luck. It's utterly unfair and unskillful and unfun.

LOL, quit bitching and git gud kid. the fact that you are here complaining means you are terrible at the game and you need to improve. the fight is very fair and teaches you the basic raid mechanics. you can never hope to defeat a raid boss if this gives you that much trouble

I've died in the new strike mission. I've been in groups that wiped. Turns out you just start over. I have not been in any groups that failed after starting over. The fact that it's possible to die doesn't make it 'hard', and there's certainly no luck involved. It's a little harder than the grothmar one, which is good bc the grothmar one was comical. It might take more than one try to get gold. That's okay. This isn't like the grothmar strike where the rewards are required to progress other content. If you don't like it and decide not to do it, there is no consequence for that . . .