Warriors Aren't Meant To Be Rangers

Roy.5639

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Doc Holiday.1326" said:Hey everyone,

First of all, Happy Wintersday, I hope you're keeping yourself and your mount nice and warm!

Now lets get into it. There is currently a HUGE problem with PvP. I normally don't come to the forums, but after playing this game since release, I've finally encountered a serious problem with one of the classes in this game. Rifle. Warrior. That's right, you heard me, Warriors can for some reason use Rifles. And its B R O K E N. I was playing PvP the other day (on EU) and was rotating to help my team mates at home who were having trouble catching a tricky soulbeast named bonce or something. Anyways, I got there, and I'm playing a pretty tanky build, something I made myself, here's the link if you want so I wasn't really worried about dying, plus I had 3 other team mates there. However we just couldn't seem to kill this ranger!! He might have been cheating idk, but after about 2 minutes of chasing him around the node we almost had him. And then it happened. Out of NOWHERE, BOOM, I was dead. No warning, no aoe indicator, nothing. This Charr just one shot me from what had to be 2k + range with a RIFLE. ON WARRIOR. Why is that fair? How is that balanced??? And I even saw him doing it to a team mate who was blocking??? So this rifle shot is unblockable as well? Hello? There's no other skill in the game that can do that much damage in one go, at that range, not to mention being unblockable, not to mention being on a class that has no business doing ranged damage. Warriors are meant to be tanky frontline classes that can soak up lots of damage, not dish it out. But here's the worst part: I went to NA after getting tired of dying to random BS on EU, and you won't believe it. There was a rifle warrior there too!! This time it was an absolutely hideous norn, but it still played the exact same way. One shots from across the map without any real warning signs and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I don't know how I can continue to PvP with builds like this in the game. Please someone tell me there is a change coming for this, or its a bug that allows warriors to use rifle. Also does anyone know why banners aren't working anymore? Or is that just me?

I am not "hideous" I am me.Chromatic Ooze King.

@"Doc Holiday.1326" said:Hey everyone,

First of all, Happy Wintersday, I hope you're keeping yourself and your mount nice and warm!

Now lets get into it. There is currently a HUGE problem with PvP. I normally don't come to the forums, but after playing this game since release, I've finally encountered a serious problem with one of the classes in this game. Rifle. Warrior. That's right, you heard me, Warriors can for some reason use Rifles. And its B R O K E N. I was playing PvP the other day (on EU) and was rotating to help my team mates at home who were having trouble catching a tricky soulbeast named bonce or something. Anyways, I got there, and I'm playing a pretty tanky build, something I made myself, here's the link if you want so I wasn't really worried about dying, plus I had 3 other team mates there. However we just couldn't seem to kill this ranger!! He might have been cheating idk, but after about 2 minutes of chasing him around the node we almost had him. And then it happened. Out of NOWHERE, BOOM, I was dead. No warning, no aoe indicator, nothing. This Charr just one shot me from what had to be 2k + range with a RIFLE. ON WARRIOR. Why is that fair? How is that balanced??? And I even saw him doing it to a team mate who was blocking??? So this rifle shot is unblockable as well? Hello? There's no other skill in the game that can do that much damage in one go, at that range, not to mention being unblockable, not to mention being on a class that has no business doing ranged damage. Warriors are meant to be tanky frontline classes that can soak up lots of damage, not dish it out. But here's the worst part: I went to NA after getting tired of dying to random BS on EU, and you won't believe it. There was a rifle warrior there too!! This time it was an absolutely hideous norn, but it still played the exact same way. One shots from across the map without any real warning signs and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I don't know how I can continue to PvP with builds like this in the game. Please someone tell me there is a change coming for this, or its a bug that allows warriors to use rifle. Also does anyone know why banners aren't working anymore? Or is that just me?

lmao yes, it's annoying as hell getting one shotted by rifle warrior that i'm not paying attention to. Happens to me every now and then. But i don't think rifle warrrior is a problem. I like that warriors still have the option of playing a ranged build like that. but yeah, it's def both a frustrating and funny experience.

@Dreddo.9865 said:

1. Don't play in EU, it's a tough experience
  2. Don't queue when that 'bonce' dude queues (could be boyce too).
  3. Rifle warrior can be dealt with just pay attention around you

im fairly sure from what i played against him and from what little of his stream I could see that he can at the VERY LEAST reach plat 3.the fact that he stays plat 1 with rifle shows how shit and meme it is.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Lmao I get a kick outa this community. Literally within days of rifle warriors a problem threads start showing up in the forums every other warrior is a rifle warrior now in pvp lol. It's like as soon as a class main see's a builds being called OP or cheesey they run to it.

It's more like people see others complaining about a build (regardless of its actual potential) and play it to anger and annoy said other people.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Lmao I get a kick outa this community. Literally within days of rifle warriors a problem threads start showing up in the forums every other warrior is a rifle warrior now in pvp lol. It's like as soon as a class main see's a builds being called OP or cheesey they run to it.

It's more like people see others complaining about a build (regardless of its actual potential) and play it to anger and annoy said other people.

Probably a combination of the two but in the end same reasoning, to play a cheese build lol

The kill shot has casting time and seems to me can be vulnerable. It's the kind of skill you can't utilize in a hurry or even in a one on one. It's a great surprise shot if you can pull it off. It's a sniper shot. I've seen warriors carrying out their kill shot and no matter where I am on the map, I'll jump on them fast as I can. When the warrior kneels, it still feels that the kill shot has to "power up" briefly before releasing. It's a skill of opportunity which in my opinion balances it. It can't be carried out "on the fly." It can be interrupted. Because it's a sniper shot, of course it has to have range.

It's not a devastating aoe kill.It's slow castIt's easy to interruptit's not able to be used in 1 v 1

That seems like balance to me despite I do agree, when you're on the receiving end of the kill shot, it's not fun.