How to leave the strike mission (Secret Lair of the Snowmen)?

Luthan.5236

Hi, what's the chat command to leave the strike mission and return to the normal open world map?Currently I'm dead and some people (4 or so) try to still fight freezie after the timer has run out and they refuse to die and fight there for ages.So I can't use the portal that you can use after the complete party wipes. (After first try a few left and only 5 peole remained which is useless ... makes no sense for the others to try for ages.)

So ... I need the command to manually leave. I understand that a WP near the portal is not possible - to prevent abuse. Only manually after complete party wiped. But since I want to leave completely (not going to rejoin the fight) I guess there should be a hidden chat command?

If not then I'd consider it a bug. Since "being stuck in a strike mission having to wait ... when I could play other content and don't intend to re-join the fight" surely can't be intended.

Edit: Finally after some time they left or died. (I was afk a bit and when I came back I had respawned near the portal.) Still it would be nice to have a faster option to leave.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:Go to character select screen and log back in on your character. You'll be outside the instance then. Also, leaving a squad that's in an instance will also kick you from that instance. There are always ways to leave an instance, even if the exit icon isn't there.

That doesn't work in the public instance - Ive tried it many, many times and always get put back in the instance.

OP use the WvW menu. That def works

For clarity, since I missed a bit in the OP and people are cranking up their snark meter today...it doesn't work if dead on the ground

@Randulf.7614 said:

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:Go to character select screen and log back in on your character. You'll be outside the instance then. Also, leaving a squad that's in an instance will also kick you from that instance. There are always ways to leave an instance, even if the exit icon isn't there.

That doesn't work in the public instance - Ive tried it many, many times and always get put back in the instance.

I did not know that. Then again, I never do public instances. Too much chances of wasting my time.

Do passes work as well? Like the Mistlock Sanctuary Pass, for instance?

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

I did not know that. Then again, I never do public instances. Too much chances of wasting my time.

Do passes work as well? Like the Mistlock Sanctuary Pass, for instance?

I think so. There was mention of it in another subforum I cant remember if they said it worked

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"WIR BRAUCHEN ONE EIGHTY.4257" said:WvW not working here too, at least for me - buttons are grayed out.

Just tested it - working fine from the public instance. Just make sure you aren't dead/in combat

I need a solution for situation when I'm dead and several people still trying to finish it for like 5+ minutes, it's really annoying.

@"WIR BRAUCHEN ONE EIGHTY.4257" said:

@"WIR BRAUCHEN ONE EIGHTY.4257" said:WvW not working here too, at least for me - buttons are grayed out.

Just tested it - working fine from the public instance. Just make sure you aren't dead/in combat

I need a solution for situation when I'm dead and several people still trying to finish it for like 5+ minutes, it's really annoying.

Solution would be to avoid public strikes and this is just one of the many reasons why you should do so.

@Randulf.7614 said:

does not work for me. neither did using lounge passes.

Doesn't leaving the squad work? You should still be able to leave the squad when you're dead, and then it should kick you from the instance automatically.

Doesn't leaving the squad work? You should still be able to leave the squad when you're dead, and then it should kick you from the instance automatically.

Not in the public instance no, since a squad is optional

Even when I was in squad in public instance, no it's no working. So a some sort fix to this would be appreciated, maybe wipe on timeout, leave the instance button on timeout.

When locking the party (before the boss) it should automatically create a squad - where leaving would get you to leave the instance. Could be used to troll others by just leaving on purpose so they have it harder. Then again ... this already is possible in all the other parts of the game. (Team actitivies or the premade squads that join. Or you could just in public squad go afk or logout and the team would have less members to do dps and help.)

No, you won't. Only when all players have logged out will you be out of the instance.

I opened a ticket on this, but their response showed they clearly don't understand how bad this is.