Can we just lower the damage of warrior?

The Ace.9105

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@The Ace.9105 said:

@The Ace.9105 said:I could record tons of footage of how stupid warrior damage is and explain the matchup where if you get hit once vs the warrior you are just dead even with it's "telegraphed" animations (which btw get faster and slower with quickness/slow and get hit once and say bye) while the warrior just runs around dodging with attacks that crit you for 7-10k with 25 might and 4k without might. Dodging the matchup is also impossible in a long run since if you do the math the warrior has a cc skill on the meta build every 3s in combat and that's just cc skills without the other high hitting skills so you'd have to dodge more. The build works pretty decently against any other class so that you don't just get 1 shotted by stuff but if there's a warrior in the team fight and it hits you you are done for like in the picture.

But, this thread is not about how stupid warrior is. Stupid also doesn't mean that it's op in a 5v5 setting.

This thread is about how no class should hit casual skills like rush 4.3k and dodge rolls 2.5k (the trait is a joke) to a heavy armor class with 900 toughness and defensive traits.

How are you going to dismiss attacks being telegraphed? That's like dismissing sound cues as useless. I'm sorry man but if you are getting pegged by rush then idk what to tell you. Just because you're heavy armor doesn't mean your tanky. Warriors can build squishy, ele can build tanky. It's all due to traits and stats.

On warrior before full counter nerf there was no frames to deal damage to warrior and fc got nerfed a bit. The fact that there's still a pretty tiny window to do anything against a warrior remains. By casual skills I mean skills that are not really different/flashy special skills that are meant to do huge damage and you can use pretty frequently like throw axe and rush.

Again, not complaining about skills in general, what I am talking about is the damage being too high on warrior.

spellbreaker and warrior are 2 different things, unless ur going against a meme ur not fighting throw axe and fc at the same time. there are plentiful openings to hit warriors, specifically due to the nature of the telegraphed skills, the same cannot be said for multiple classes who are hitting much harder much more often.

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:so, how do people rate warriors? skilful because they are "easy" to read and skill are telegraphed or noob stompers because of high dmg and passives?

I mean every profession is "skillful" to a degree but some builds require more skill than others. If a warrior beats you though chances are you got outplayed. No amount of passives will carry a bad warrior. Just like no amount of shadow steps will carry a bad theif. They might be able to survive longer than they should but they wont win the fight.

@Vicariuz.1605 said:

@Vicariuz.1605 said:reaper says hi, btw it has speed rune and flesh wurm and spectral walk, complaining about rush and not 14k axe2impressive.

"It's easy to play, requires no effort and causes toxic chat messages and makes the pvp super unfun."Feel free to post a game of you on warrior to demonstrate how simple it is.

Because it cant block immune your attacks and is very very easy to shut down.

there are plenty of block piercing skills in the game, and warrior is also easily shut down, blind, block, weakness, invulns, evade frames, etc.

warrior is beaten by playing the match up smarter and not allowing urself to greed.

reaper avoids ur attacks by using speed runes, ports, and positioning, along with ample chill and corrupts. people just dont like the idea that they have to actually play the match up against warriors.

I love how warrior requires you to do the same instead of just pressing your skills and hitting the damage of 3 skills with 1.

@The Ace.9105 said:

@Vicariuz.1605 said:reaper says hi, btw it has speed rune and flesh wurm and spectral walk, complaining about rush and not 14k axe2impressive.

"It's easy to play, requires no effort and causes toxic chat messages and makes the pvp super unfun."Feel free to post a game of you on warrior to demonstrate how simple it is.

there are plenty of block piercing skills in the game, and warrior is also easily shut down, blind, block, weakness, invulns, evade frames, etc.

warrior is beaten by playing the match up smarter and not allowing urself to greed.

reaper avoids ur attacks by using speed runes, ports, and positioning, along with ample chill and corrupts. people just dont like the idea that they have to actually play the match up against warriors.

I love how warrior requires you to do the same instead of just pressing your skills.

i mightve agreed that warrior did too much damage the patch where tactics had 50% modifier and pre nerf rampage, thats no longer the case.

if warrior is such an issue for u and u just want to mindlessly spam buttons play mender or sage firebrand with blind/weakness spam mantra.

dont be so surprised when a warrior or spellbreaker who is playing properly beats u when ur "just pressing ur skills."

@Vicariuz.1605 said:

I love how warrior requires you to do the same instead of just pressing your skills.

i mightve agreed that warrior did too much damage the patch where tactics had 50% modifier and pre nerf rampage, thats no longer the case.

if warrior is such an issue for u and u just want to mindlessly spam buttons play mender or sage firebrand with blind/weakness spam mantra.

dont be so surprised when a warrior or spellbreaker who is playing properly beats u when ur "just pressing ur skills."

Properly playing a spellbreaker means that you cast your combo of skills and keep repeating that till the enemy is dead. There's very tiny windows here and there that allow you to do something against it but other than that the combo is pretty continuous.

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:so, how do people rate warriors? skilful because they are "easy" to read and skill are telegraphed or noob stompers because of high dmg and passives?

They are both of those.

It's a double edged sword. Every class is a noob stomper at low level. Warrior just does it the easiest because its moves are the bluntest and people who can't predict what they will do and react accordingly will down. At high level, because its moves are so blunt, the warrior becomes predictable and players can shut it down.

It's like playing a heavy in smash. You have big damage that'll hit people that can't dodge, but the more prepared your opponent is, the more creative you have to be with mindgames and prediction to make any of that damage stick and the more exploitable your hitbox is.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:Tbh with warrior i would only adjust might stack generation and durations and change reckless not to be able to crit so dodging does not do 4-5k.Oh Also make Dagger leaps a bit easier to tell which is which without having to squint violently during combat.

I think nearly everything else is either very solid as is or super balanced and people dont use balanced tools right now in this meta.A 4.5k rush is honestly on the low end of damage ive been hit with 9k rush hits before without warriors being ramped up to max stacks of might.

Warrior gs skills should hurt if they hit though.. i would say losing 3-4k hp from something as telegraphed as rush is fair. getting hit for 9-10k from rush is a bit silly though. That can be near a 1 shot for a few professions.

With warrior the biggest balancing act is probably just getting the self might generation balanced properly.

They likely won't tweak that, though, as it seems ANet wants to keep the current environment in which boons are accessible; which is to say boons across the board are
very
accessible and abundant, maybe too much. However thats why they are going the route of trimming down damage
and
healing as the accessibility to boons like Might, Fury, etc paired with any % damage increases from traits has just exacerbated and progressively increased damage over the years. It
started
in HoT but it wasn't that bad, however PoF very easily pushed it over the edge and the introduction of the newer stats that they have added progressively through updates hasn't helped either.

Thats totally not true based on what cal has been saying boons are likely goin to come down. Warrior will still be good at might generation but it could totally stand to see some sources of might toned down for exampleFor great justices less stacks per useMagebane pulses might slower etc.

Nothing wrong with warrior still being good at might the issue is that right now the might synergy is over-performingI think they are just generally looking at decreasing things overall that includes skill damage, skill effects per single skill, boons, healing, etc.

on this topic warrior players think they are more skilled than anyone, "just dodge lol", while every skill of warrior will hit for 5k minimum, so can you dodge every hit? it's impossible, you have 2 dodges while they have 10 skills+ to dmg, so you dodge 2 of them and get stomped, also the skills are on telegraphed if the warriors is 1200 range away, if you are near them and they have quick they will hit you instantly

@"SeikeNz.3526" said:on this topic warrior players think they are more skilled than anyone, "just dodge lol", while every skill of warrior will hit for 5k minimum so can you dodge every hit? it's impossible

As someone who's recently been playing lots of warrrior, I die to people of every profession all the time. Some times there are even players that put my K/D ratio in the negative. The only profession I can guarantee to somewhat kill reliably is necro and even then I get outplayed by some times. Sure, you can't "dodge" every hit but how is that I come across people who can stomp me? It's because they are better and warrior will not carry you the higher you play. I'm no god at warrior but decent at around gold3/plat1.

@"SeikeNz.3526" said:on this topic warrior players think they are more skilled than anyone, "just dodge lol", while every skill of warrior will hit for 5k minimum so can you dodge every hit? it's impossible, you have 2 dodges while they have 10 skills+ to dmg, so you dodge 2 of them and get stomped

You don't need to -just- dodge everything. You can block, invuln, use a skill with an evade, blind, immob, interrupt with daze or cc, move out of the way with a port or attack from range on almost every class to date.If a warrior is close enough to you to land anything on you that isnt a gap closer, and are currently attacking you, you're disadvantaged. If you don't dodge a gap closer that hits you for a lot, you're disadvantaged.Play the game and evade the telegraphed things. Wars can't burst you from stealth or instantly port to you, so you have just as much information of that whole battle situation as that warrior, if not more than them. Let them have the big damage for getting near you and getting hits in. Otherwise they're just going to be objectively worse than the classes who have just as much damage output but can do it from 1200 range or stealth.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@"SeikeNz.3526" said:on this topic warrior players think they are more skilled than anyone, "just dodge lol", while every skill of warrior will hit for 5k minimum so can you dodge every hit? it's impossible, you have 2 dodges while they have 10 skills+ to dmg, so you dodge 2 of them and get stomped

You don't need to -just- dodge everything. You can block, invuln, use a skill with an evade, blind, immob, interrupt with daze or cc, move out of the way with a port or attack from range on almost every class to date.If a warrior is close enough to you to land anything on you that isnt a gap closer, and are currently attacking you, you're disadvantaged. If you don't dodge a gap closer that hits you for a lot, you're disadvantaged.Play the game and evade the telegraphed things. Wars can't burst you from stealth or instantly port to you, so you have just as much information of that whole battle situation as that warrior, if not more than them. Let them have the big damage for getting near you and getting hits in. Otherwise they're just going to be objectively worse than the classes who have just as much damage output but can do it from 1200 range or stealth.

That's what I did, but I died still lmao...I was so stupid to think that it wasn t worth it to dodge some one else's dodge.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

I was so stupid to think that it wasn t worth it to dodge some one else's dodge.

7 times.for 2k on average each time you didn't do it.On a build that has an evade on a weapon set, an evade on demand, and an AOE that spams daze. And if your other weapon was staff another evade and a block.

Idk what to tell you man. Its not like you missed an evade once and got hit for all your HP. That fight had to be long for a warrior to dodge on you seven times.that skill has a 180 degree radius btw so he was hugging you with those dodges.

no one can dodge every hit no matter what class you are playing or against, you going to be hit, so just dodge isn't an argument, the problem is the warrior dmg, they hit more than any class out there, while you need 10 hits to kill them they will need only 3 to kill you, that's the problem, so they can kill you with way less effort, they have one of the best mobility out there so range means nothing, also they can stun lock you

@SeikeNz.3526 said:no one can dodge every hit no matter what class you are playing or against, you going to be hit, so just dodge isn't an argument, the problem is the warrior dmg, they hit more than any class out there, while you need 10 hits to kill them they will need only 3 to kill you, that's the problem, so they can kill you with way less effort

Okay.

I was so stupid to think that it wasn t worth it to dodge some one else's dodge.

7 times.for 2k on average each time you didn't do it.On a build that has an evade on a weapon set, an evade on demand, and an AOE that spams daze.

Idk what to tell you man. Its not like you missed an evade once and got hit for all your HP.

Let me put it in context. It was before rampage nerfs, I dodged/blocked/kited at least:

1. Bull's charge
  2. GS #3
  3. GS #5
  4. GS #F1
  5. Shield #4
  6. Rampage #3
  7. Rampage #4
  8. Rampage #5
  9. FCAnd don t forget that I did it multiples times for some of them. I mitigated so perfectly the must dodges skills that the only way that warrior hitted me was with his dodges. But yet, I still died.Everything is fine, let's move on.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

If a Warrior is dumping their dodges for the purpose of doing damage...you're the one playing bad for not taking advantage of that and either disengaging or using another tool to counter that Warrior being a derp.

Also what killed you was the Arcing Slice into two GS auto attacks for a total of 8,000~ or so damage. The dodges weren't what killed you.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:Everything is fine, let's move on.

Not true. For Great Justice is not fine. Magebane Synergy is not fine.Getting hit by things you can see a mile away? Fine. Reckless dodge? Also fine, and as long as classes exist that can deliver bursts from range or stealth I will not change my mind on that for anybody.Old rampage was also obv not fine thats why we hit you for 45 DAMAGE NOW WHEEZE less now

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

Also what killed you was the Arcing Slice into two GS auto attacks for a total of 8,000~ or so damage. The dodges weren't what killed you.I was already in downed state when those 8k happened.@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

If a Warrior is dumping their dodges for the purpose of doing damage...you're the one playing bad for not taking advantage of that and either disengaging or using another tool to counter that Warrior being a kitten.Disengage and loose the node. Great idea yeah. How do you counter an unblocable attack as a melee class???

The issue with warrior damage is the might stacking (as well as the perma-stunning), which has already been called out by the devs and should be adjusted later on. Anyone saying the damage alright is in denial and likely only plays classes that spam damage immunity, which should also be getting toned down. Even with higher toughness and protection, it only takes a handful of attacks to kill any player and they do this while regening massive amounts of health that nearly negates bleed and poison damage.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:on this topic warrior players think they are more skilled than anyone, "just dodge lol", while every skill of warrior will hit for 5k minimum so can you dodge every hit? it's impossible, you have 2 dodges while they have 10 skills+ to dmg, so you dodge 2 of them and get stomped

no one can dodge every hit no matter what class you are playing or against, you going to be hit, so just dodge isn't an argument, the problem is the warrior dmg, they hit more than any class out there, while you need 10 hits to kill them they will need only 3 to kill you, that's the problem, so they can kill you with way less effort, they have one of the best mobility out there so range means nothing, also they can stun lock you

Thats just not accurate. I see better players in this game play exceptionally well against Warriors, myself included as a Warrior, all the time. They don't run into these issues that yourself and others are expressing as "big problems".

Not to mention, I have to keep repeating this...Warrior damage is not vastly different from near any other class. People need to stop acting like it is. Whenever I find myself PvPing it feels like 70% or more of the playerbase on this game, just really a vast majority, utterly waste cooldowns and dodges for no reason. Double dodging its called and I see it...a lot.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:on this topic warrior players think they are more skilled than anyone, "just dodge lol", while every skill of warrior will hit for 5k minimum so can you dodge every hit? it's impossible, you have 2 dodges while they have 10 skills+ to dmg, so you dodge 2 of them and get stomped

Also what killed you was the Arcing Slice into two GS auto attacks for a total of 8,000~ or so damage. The dodges weren't what killed you.I was already in downed state when those 8k happened.@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

If a Warrior is dumping their dodges for the purpose of doing damage...you're the one playing bad for not taking advantage of that and either disengaging or using another tool to counter that Warrior being a kitten.Disengage and loose the node. Great idea yeah. How do you counter an unblocable attack as a melee class???

I'm well aware of the circumstances. Conquest as a game mode, to me personally, is a tragedy of gameplay balance paired with the state the game is in today. Players are forced to essentially abandon or are forcefully gated from using viable, healthy, smart tactics like disengaging, kiting, etc while holding capture points because of how disgustingly tiny the objectives are. So ultimately it doesn't come down to an issue with the classes, it comes down to an issue with Conquest as a game mode and how ANet has not kept it up with how they have "evolved" (more like devolved) the game into its current state with class mechanics. Notice the meta for sPvP; whole mess ofclasses that have some form of strong AoE whose range either far exceeds the radius of a capture point or is the exact radius or very close to it. Thats why an objective capture based PvP mode doesn't really...work and why its been a terrible idea to balance around it, at least in the context of Conquest specifically.

However this is off topic, even if I do think that Conquest is the underlying problem and not class mechanics. Class mechanics becoming what they are I feel is a symptom of that problem, or at least a symptom of many other problems in the game not just Conquest being dated.

@OddFinrir.6801 said:The issue with warrior damage is the might stacking ..

...it only takes a handful of attacks to kill any player and they do this while regening massive amounts of health that nearly negates bleed and poison damage.

This in particular is what I see as a problem. F1 shouldnt gen might on you AND heal you at the same time, especially when you can run healing signet. That's not fair to any class that needs to play ranged or depends on slow burn dots or lots of low damage hits racking up.

Definitely should still hit you like a truck if rush connects though. I earned that/you deserve that.