Can we change the tier systems or merge some servers?

jgeezz.7832

@"jgeezz.7832" said:Just Looking at someone rank doesn't mean anything, gear has an effect but only to a point a lot of it is skill, Not even builds.

So no response to the rapid fire cooldown of 10 seconds untraited?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Longbow

And Lead the Wind is a trait that drops it to 8 seconds (20% cooldown of longbow skills)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lead_the_Wind

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"jgeezz.7832" said:Just Looking at someone rank doesn't mean anything, gear has an effect but only to a point a lot of it is skill, Not even builds.

So no response to the rapid fire cooldown of 10 seconds untraited?

And Lead the Wind is a trait that drops it to 8 seconds (20% cooldown of longbow skills)

people generally don't like it when you prove them wrong, they just ignore it and pretend that they're right.

On topic, I have been called a "filthy condi cheater trash" once. I wasn't cheating, it was 4 pugs vs 1 pug in my side's favour, nobody there on either side was particularly skilled, so we won due to simple numbers. And the funniest thing is that I wasn't even using condi gear, I was using mostly cavalier gear with some zerk mixed in. It's true that I was on a necro so I suppose a lot of my skills apply conditions by default, but still, it's amazing how some people just refuse to even look at the numbers.

@shiri.4257 said:

@jgeezz.7832 said:WVW IS really bad I tired of fight servers with 3 times our numbers and cheaters too how about you dev start looking at thing is wvw does see how facing the same servers every weeks is fair or fun. My server has face YB like 6 times in 2 months. They cheat and nothing is being done about and i know people have reported guilds like IE so many times for cheating its not even funny.

What will merging servers accomplish? When so few are willing to do anything for the realm? fairweathers will be fairweathers.

Pooling non fair weather's will work I suppose. That is the idea of merging. And why would fairweather's stay? There are no unique rewards that result from winning because everyone can get the same thing even if they lose. There is no incentive (season rewards or tournament rewards)

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@jgeezz.7832 said:WVW IS really bad I tired of fight servers with 3 times our numbers and cheaters too how about you dev start looking at thing is wvw does see how facing the same servers every weeks is fair or fun. My server has face YB like 6 times in 2 months. They cheat and nothing is being done about and i know people have reported guilds like IE so many times for cheating its not even funny.

What will merging servers accomplish? When so few are willing to do anything for the realm? fairweathers will be fairweathers.

Pooling non fair weather's will work I suppose. That is the idea of merging. And why would fairweather's stay? There are no unique rewards that result from winning because everyone can get the same thing even if they lose. There is no incentive (season rewards or tournament rewards)

season or tournament rewards weren't really incentive. when wvw players figured out after the first weekend that the server that bought the most coverage would win. While those that touted server community and lala land would all get the same prize.

@jgeezz.7832 said:WVW IS really bad I tired of fight servers with 3 times our numbers

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Transfer.

That's actually what Arenanet expect you to do. Honestly, it's sort of an integral part of the game, if you're not spending money to move to the top server, you're doing it wrong.

The relinks are due at the end of the month, then all the fair weather people will break the system by re-congregating on the flavour of the month server again. This means that the server status AND linking systems get skewed badly and matchups become a joke. Woe be to the server that gets FULL status at the same time as NO LINK. Those guys are completely screwed for months on end as guilds who couldn't all fit on them get people locked out and unable to even join the link to play with their friends - then whole guilds transfer away to easier matchups and the FULL server ends up empty! Amazing ... it's astonishing how slow Arenanet are to try to adjust the ratings - maybe we're all just praying that they're working on fixing these systems, but who's betting on it? Not me, baby. And not YOU! That's the way the Eagle ...

Basically you were nothing more than a condi/tank. I seen 1 scourge necro take out 8 players of all classes and experiences under a single well field. The minute I see this garbage, I have to say that anet didn't pay very good attention to singles taking out whole groups. I've seen 15 guardians take out 60 players in EOTM, not once, but multiple times. Now the question comes to mind is....did anet create a balance, or did they screw up so badly in mechanics that created this off balance play fighting?

@KeyOrion.9506 said:I've seen 15 guardians take out 60 players in EOTM, not once, but multiple times. Now the question comes to mind is....did anet create a balance, or did they screw up so badly in mechanics that created this off balance play fighting?

Hold up a second.... in EoTM often people were leveling toons. One decent, coordinated guild group of 15 could easily wipe Zergs of uplevels..

Please don’t ever use anything that happened in EoTM as a standard for balancing anything.

@shiri.4257 said:

season or tournament rewards weren't really incentive. when wvw players figured out after the first weekend that the server that bought the most coverage would win. While those that touted server community and lala land would all get the same prize.

But there were winners. Separate and distinct from your normal scrub. And servers organized hard.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

But there were winners.
Separate and distinct from your normal scrub.

See, that is inaccurate. All someone in a server had to do was meet certain activity levels to be counted in the winning server. They were still ordinary scrubs.

And servers organized hard

Which was why there was significant burnout and permanent reduction of players.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

But there were winners.
Separate and distinct from your normal scrub.

See, that is inaccurate. All someone in a server had to do was meet certain activity levels to be counted in the winning server. They were still ordinary scrubs.

And servers organized hard

no

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:And servers organized hard

In T1 the question was asked who was staying up overnight and skip sleep during workdays to handle coverage. That did lead to a lot of burnout.

Yes. Unfortunately there are some that refuse, rather irrationally, to actual see that as a problem.

Along with the current problem of significant population disparities which make it impossible with the current system to have a ‘fair’ tournament.

After alliances have been in place (or if they ever get put in place) for a few months/seasons, then an honest discussion about the viability of tournaments would be something to pursue.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:And servers organized hard

In T1 the question was asked who was staying up overnight and skip sleep during workdays to handle coverage. That did lead to a lot of burnout.

Yes. Unfortunately there are some that refuse, rather irrationally, to actual see that as a problem.

Along with the current problem of significant population disparities which make it impossible with the current system to have a ‘fair’ tournament.

After alliances have been in place (or if they ever get put in place) for a few months/seasons, then an honest discussion about the viability of tournaments would be something to pursue.

Not irrational. So no.

Anyway, I will stop here. I can't convince ppl here and I give up.

I may play this game every now and then. But im already bored. :) May this seal my last post in gw2 forum. I'll probably just log in every friday. Gl ppl in wvw

@Sovereign.1093 said:Not irrational. So no.

Anyway, I will stop here. I can't convince ppl here and I give up.

I may play this game every now and then. But im already bored. :) May this seal my last post in gw2 forum. I'll probably just log in every friday. Gl ppl in wvw

I don't disagree that not having incentive to win is a bad thing, tournaments being far and inbetween though was also part of the problem. I would hope that with introduction of alliances there are also released more incentive to win in some form or another, and if alliances run for 8 week cycles that gives time for servers to place. But again this making a lot of assumptions on little detail being released.

Edit: double negative sounded right and was wrong.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@KeyOrion.9506 said:I've seen 15 guardians take out 60 players in EOTM, not once, but multiple times. Now the question comes to mind is....did anet create a balance, or did they screw up so badly in mechanics that created this off balance play fighting?

Hold up a second.... in EoTM often people were leveling toons. One decent, coordinated guild group of 15 could easily wipe Zergs of uplevels..

Please don’t ever use anything that happened in EoTM as a standard for balancing anything.

The idea is quality can beat quantity. Whether it's 15 vs 60 uplevels, or even 15 vs 60 players that are all level 80 but don't have any idea except pew pew. I seen one necro take out 8 players, all level 80, of differing classes, in the span of under 1 minute....There is such a thing as literally overpowering a class to the point of....wow...i'm fighting James Bond, and he's literally being shot at , and is dodging bullets like he's Spiderman.....

@KeyOrion.9506 said:

The idea is quality can beat quantity. Whether it's 15 vs 60 uplevels, or even 15 vs 60 players that are all level 80 but don't have any idea except pew pew. I seen one necro take out 8 players, all level 80, of differing classes, in the span of under 1 minute....There is such a thing as literally overpowering a class to the point of....wow...i'm fighting James Bond, and he's literally being shot at , and is dodging bullets like he's Spiderman.....

Understood.

And please know I wasn’t suggesting that there aren’t balancing issues with WvW. Both population and skill trees.

I mostly chose the EoTM part to take issue with lol.. that was just ugly in there...