WvW Glitch/Bugs

KeyOrion.9506

Ok, I've read over the patch notes, and I noticed several odd occurrences.

1st up was an attack on Fire Keep, I decided to take away the enemies ability to use Lava Pool by taking out south Fire Shrine....even after taking the Shrine, the enemy was still able to use Lava Pool. When I went to take the second one...the enemy Lava Pools were still active...I did not see any patch notes in changes in the Lava Pool for Fire Keep on Desert Borderlands.

2nd up...I was firing at an enemy, when an allied Ele threw up a reflect in front of me....and my own arrowshots were THROWN right back into my face. And I was like...is that supposed to happen now...where i'm unable to hit the enemy because of our OWN reflects if an ally gets between me and my target?

3rd. Watched a Warclaw rider... DIP into the ground on the Blue Borderland on the east side of Souheast tower, and then come back up above the ground. When they went into the ground, my ability to damage the enemy stopped...and when they came back ABOVE the ground I was doing damage again....is there some new hidden pit or something, that stops damage from occurring?

Any other funky strangeness people been witnessing in WvW after the Patch?

-mendons EBG tower (red side, left from keep) has the attackable wall apparently now on the other side. the south-west wall seems to have not hitbox anymore and therefore is invuln.^edit: alright, then this isn't a bug... but still completely weird. nearly as pointless as stealing the warclaw one jump bar, while the display is bugged (showing still three bars)

-warlord armor box isn't possible to get if you got the bronze rewards for this week yet

just read that part. incredibly pointless, same as the stonemist changes.

but no, i didn't see any of the things you mentioned today, and i played for seven hours after patch dropped.

another thing i noticed: after demounting warclaw with (1) into the air, you sink pretty heavily now before glider activates, that made me really anxious today several times. idk if that's also in the patchnotes, if so i missed it.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:just read that part. incredibly pointless, same as the stonemist changes.

but no, i didn't see any of the things you mentioned today, and i played for seven hours after patch dropped.

another thing i noticed: after demounting warclaw with (1) into the air, you sink pretty heavily now before glider activates, that made me really anxious today several times. idk if that's also in the patchnotes, if so i missed it.

So the changed smc walls so it could no longer be trebbed from red keep. I assume mendons has a similar reason. Maybe it’s easier to take without keep motor or treb counter siege. Fixing the wall changed that. Looks at greens towers close to keep. Both sides keep siege can help defend the tower. Same with blue side. The wall at mendons before changed was unable to be defended by keep siege. Now these are just thoughts. I didn’t read any concrete reasoning on mendons.

that's a try of explaining those changes, but afaik it was alike for an eternity. gotta make bay walls south-edge invuln too if that's the aim. i think mendons is overall not to defend from keep. that way they made it openable from keep side with treb tho i guess.

but the reason why SM was treb-able from red keep was originally that red has some expected disadvantage, been always the "new server within the matchup". now though, many towers can treb SM still, so not that much changed, it will still stay in swiss cheese mode and rather bad to defend overall.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@KeyOrion.9506 said:When I leave Warclaw my pet remains stowed 50% of the time and I have to Bond with Pet then de-bond in order for the pet to un-stow.

I been having that one for ages now way before this patch dropped for past months.

Odd that, it has never ever happened to me before this patch, but after patch my pet stayed stowed and wouldn't budge after leaving the Warclaw until I got out of combat. It happened closer to 80% of the time. Wonder why you had it for so long, and how it spread to affect those of us who didn't before. In any case, it needs to be fixed pronto.

Soulbeasts,: long standing without a tradeoff, are now receiving theirs—they lose combat access to a second pet and must choose carefully which pet they're going to be bonded with in battle. We're also enhancing several core ranger traits and some select weapon skills that we felt were on the weak side.

its clearly due to this change, when your on your horse your pet is technically out ( yet it isn't since your on your horse and there's no double saddle for you pet to ride behind you :P so you don't see your pet ) so when you dismount into combat ( remember the game thinks your pet is out when in fact it isn't ) you cant then swap your pet to make it appear so only thing you can do is merge and unmerge to make pet appear - or get ooc , i would hope anet fix this asap. :)

@KeyOrion.9506 said:

1st up was an attack on Fire Keep, I decided to take away the enemies ability to use Lava Pool by taking out south Fire Shrine....even after taking the Shrine, the enemy was still able to use Lava Pool. When I went to take the second one...the enemy Lava Pools were still active...I did not see any patch notes in changes in the Lava Pool for Fire Keep on Desert Borderlands.

I'm pretty sure that Lava Portal only requires 2 shrines. 3 Shrines gives the ability to fly from shrine to shrine. You stated when you went to take the second one (sounds like you hadn't taken it yet?), they were still using the portal. Which if you hadn't taken the second one yet, they would be able to still use Lava Portal since they still had 2 Shrines.That's how I read your post. Maybe I misunderstood?

@KeyOrion.9506 said:2nd up...I was firing at an enemy, when an allied Ele threw up a reflect in front of me....and my own arrowshots were THROWN right back into my face. And I was like...is that supposed to happen now...where i'm unable to hit the enemy because of our OWN reflects if an ally gets between me and my target?

Could've been the enemy put up a reflect and the game never rendered it? Happens to me sometimes, i don't always see the Guard Bubble from F3 Tome until i start getting hit in the face from my own skills. (Happens with Oil pot sometimes too).

@Fish.2769 said:

@KeyOrion.9506 said:2nd up...I was firing at an enemy, when an allied Ele threw up a reflect in front of me....and my own arrowshots were THROWN right back into my face. And I was like...is that supposed to happen now...where i'm unable to hit the enemy because of our OWN reflects if an ally gets between me and my target?

Could've been the enemy put up a reflect and the game never rendered it? Happens to me sometimes, i don't always see the Guard Bubble from F3 Tome until i start getting hit in the face from my own skills. (Happens with Oil pot sometimes too).

No. The effect was an elementalist skill, and the guy running away was revenant.

@KeyOrion.9506 said:

No. The effect was an elementalist skill, and the guy running away was revenant.

Did you check your damage log? It would tell you exactly where the damage was coming from, even if it was your own skills, it'll still say "X rank person from X server hit you for X using X skill" - Not saying your lying, i'm just curious and trying to work it out.

@darksome.1697 said:

@KeyOrion.9506 said:When I leave Warclaw my pet remains stowed 50% of the time and I have to Bond with Pet then de-bond in order for the pet to un-stow.

I been having that one for ages now way before this patch dropped for past months.

Odd that, it has never ever happened to me before this patch, but after patch my pet stayed stowed and wouldn't budge after leaving the Warclaw until I got out of combat. It happened closer to 80% of the time. Wonder why you had it for so long, and how it spread to affect those of us who didn't before. In any case, it needs to be fixed pronto.

Did some testing and it would appear that if you mount without bonded pet and get put into combat before dismounting, your pet will stay stowed until you ooc or kill the attacker. then you can unstow, etc. If you are bonded before mounting, you'll stay bonded and can unbond as needed, and if you initiate the combat or dismount first, then you can manage your pet on your own terms for the fight.