How to nerf necro (from a necro)

Rickster.8752

I'd like to see them nerf life force generation and max life force. Something like this:1, Signet of undeath less effective2, Fear of death gives 7% life force (not 15%)3, Soul battery - max life force increased by 10%, not 20%.4, Gluttony - increased LF gain is 5% not 10%

With all these changes I think necro might be kind of terrible. So I would like to see stability put on spectral armour (and lower protection up time) to stop the CC chaining.

Obviously these nerfs need to come in alongside nerfs to every other class too, as every class has things over-performing. Literally every class needs nerfs, obviously firebrand, a few ele specs, ranger pets, thief stealth, rev invincibility, mirage condi spam, etc etc all need nerfing still.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rickster.8752 said:I'd like to see them nerf life force generation and max life force. Something like this:1, Signet of undeath less effective2, Fear of death gives 7% life force (not 15%)3, Soul battery - max life force increased by 10%, not 20%.4, Gluttony - increased LF gain is 5% not 10%

With all these changes I think necro might be kind of terrible. So I would like to see stability put on spectral armour (and lower protection up time) to stop the CC chaining.

Obviously these nerfs need to come in alongside nerfs to every other class too, as every class has things over-performing. Literally every class needs nerfs, obviously firebrand, a few ele specs, ranger pets, thief stealth, rev invincibility, mirage condi spam, etc etc all need nerfing still.

build that I use only has soul batter and gluttony from the things mentioned.it will go from 72k effective HP to about 68kdo you think that is good enough of a nerf?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Rickster.8752 said:I'd like to see them nerf life force generation and max life force. Something like this:1, Signet of undeath less effective2, Fear of death gives 7% life force (not 15%)3, Soul battery - max life force increased by 10%, not 20%.4, Gluttony - increased LF gain is 5% not 10%

build that I use only has soul batter and gluttony from the things mentioned.it will go from 72k effective HP to about 68kdo you think that is good enough of a nerf?

Fear of death nerf removes a ton of LF generation.

But this needs to come in alongside nerfs to every other class. For example, Mirage still vomits too many conditions.

Your build sounds terrible.

@Rickster.8752 said:

But this needs to come in alongside nerfs to every other class. For example, Mirage still vomits too many conditions.

you lost any credibility after complaining about mirage buddy

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

you lost any credibility after complaining about mirage buddy

And you lose credibility because you abandoned mirage for FoTM

I didnt abandon shit, i played mirage and I will play mirage. and even its propably one of the worst specs ill still make some peeps like you cry.Ill have fun with broken necro for 2-3days and go back to the garbage mirage.Its my garbage, dont touch my garbage.https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/166152526/Dont-touch-my-garbage

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

build that I use only has soul batter and gluttony from the things mentioned.it will go from 72k effective HP to about 68kdo you think that is good enough of a nerf?How much effective HP has a guardian blocking a 30k burst over 3 seconds? 41k? And what happens when he uses a leap or blocks a second time or uses renewed focus? 200k effective HP?

And how much effective HP does the fact count that in contrary to necro he can wear a damage amulet and several offensive traitlines while having unlimited damage mitigation?

This community is hilarious.

@KrHome.1920 said:

build that I use only has soul batter and gluttony from the things mentioned.it will go from 72k effective HP to about 68kdo you think that is good enough of a nerf?How much effective HP has a guardian blocking a 30k burst over 3 seconds? 41k? And what happens when he uses a leap or blocks a second time or uses renewed focus? 200k effective HP?

stop pretending you are dumber then you actually are, nobody bursts for 40k, 5-10k is tops. and the big small aegis procs usually block 1-2k hits.meanwhile almost any LF generation gives 2k+ hp, some even do ridiculous numbers like 6k+just a small pasive proc for 7k, nothing to see here.LF generation across the board should be nerfed by 33% like all healing did, and there wouldnt be this problem.also lich form and all the shit that was omited should get nerfed by 33% and go from there. small shoulder pats of 1-2% wont fix shit

@KrHome.1920 said:

They won't be happy until necro can be farmed again and free kill. Leonidrex is prob just bitter that mes got nerfed. Nobody likes it when your class/spec gets hit with class destroying nerfs, i don't either, and mirage got hit with the nerf bat noticeably hard, which has got to hurt.

@Axl.8924 said:

They won't be happy until necro can be farmed again and free kill. Leonidrex is prob just bitter that mes got nerfed. Nobody likes it when your class/spec gets hit with class destroying nerfs, i don't either, and mirage got hit with the nerf bat noticeably hard, which has got to hurt.

devs just forgot to nerf lifegeneration and damage form some skills, when 33% nerfs across the board for necro happen it will be back on track.then they need to gut som CC off warrior/rev and some others and things will be dandy

@Axl.8924 said:

They won't be happy until necro can be farmed again and free kill. Leonidrex is prob just bitter that mes got nerfed. Nobody likes it when your class/spec gets hit with class destroying nerfs, i don't either, and mirage got hit with the nerf bat noticeably hard, which has got to hurt.I mean now lich form is broken... it's insane. This community... so many terrible players hardcarried for years now waiting for metabattle serving them a build that can actually burst and cc. And since it's not there 2 days after the patch, core necro is broken.

How is it possible that I have absolutely no problem dealing with core necro right from day one? Maybe because I know the spec? I don't even play core. It's boring and clunky as f..., and it's killable, if you have a brain and can use the build panel.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

They won't be happy until necro can be farmed again and free kill. Leonidrex is prob just bitter that mes got nerfed. Nobody likes it when your class/spec gets hit with class destroying nerfs, i don't either, and mirage got hit with the nerf bat noticeably hard, which has got to hurt.I mean now lich form is broken... it's insane. This community... so many terrible players hardcarried for years now waiting for metabattle serving them a build that can actually burst. And since it's not there 2 days after the patch, core necro is broken.

How is it possible that I have absolutely no problem dealing with core necro right from day one? Maybe because I know the spec? I don't even play core. It's boring and clunky as f..., and it's killable, if you have a brain and can use the build panel.

becouse you play in NA

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:they should change signet of undeath passive to something else. maybe a passive minion heal or something. shave blood gm, shave fear of death, and maybe shave signet gm. don't destroy a core class anet. also maybe perma prot in death magic isn't such a great idea.

They also need to nerf every other class too. Every class is OP.

ok well i dont agree with all of this but some of it might be ok

Undeath going back to 2% from 3%I was a user of Undeath for over a year before it got buffed and it was fine back then juts that everyone elses damage was so high that shroud melted too fast so we needed more lf.Fear of death should drop to 10% from 15%cutting it in half is a bit much. but droping it by 33% to start would be more in line with the other changes not 50%Soul battery is fine actually dont touch it its not the problem you are litteraly aiming blind now.Gluttony again is actually fine too its also not the problem keep in mind that 10% turns 3% gain into a 3.3% gain its not as big as you think. For a minor to only have that fuction and nothing else tapped onto its fine. Your other suggestions also cut direct sources of incoming LF gain dont also nerf the minior thats meant boost the gains slightly and serves no other function.

Vampiric rituals will need a healing reduction per well pulse cut it by 33% or so

Thats honestly all you need to touch at most for right now.UndeathFear of DeathVamp rituals

@ZDragon.3046 said:

Undeath going back to 2% from 3%
I was a user of Undeath for over a year before it got buffed and it was fine back then juts that everyone elses damage was so high that shroud melted too fast so we needed more lf.
Fear of death should drop to 10% from 15%
cutting it in half is a bit much. but droping it by 33% to start would be more in line with the other changes not 50%
Soul battery
is fine actually dont touch it its not the problem you are litteraly aiming blind now.
Gluttony
again is actually fine too its also not the problem keep in mind that 10% turns 3% gain into a 3.3% gain its not as big as you think. For a minor to only have that fuction and nothing else tapped onto its fine. Your other suggestions also cut direct sources of incoming LF gain dont also nerf the minior thats meant boost the gains slightly and serves no other function.

Vampiric rituals
will need a healing reduction per well pulse cut it by 33% or so

Thats honestly all you need to touch at most for right now.UndeathFear of DeathVamp rituals

That is fair. I would like to see soul battery be a little worse though. i dislike how it scales with vitality. In the short term I would like to see it nerfed slightly though as it promotes shroud camping with is boring af

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:they should change signet of undeath passive to something else. maybe a passive minion heal or something. shave blood gm, shave fear of death, and maybe shave signet gm. don't destroy a core class anet. also maybe perma prot in death magic isn't such a great idea.

doing all of these changes at once would distory a core class with low base damage, slow condi ramp, no mobility, no extra evades, and no blocks if you didnt know.

@Rickster.8752 said:

not every class.guard is broken, ref is broken, necro is broken... then there is a BIIIIG gap, then there is ranger pets, another gap and the rest of the classes :D

@Rickster.8752 said:

Undeath going back to 2% from 3%
I was a user of Undeath for over a year before it got buffed and it was fine back then juts that everyone elses damage was so high that shroud melted too fast so we needed more lf.
Fear of death should drop to 10% from 15%
cutting it in half is a bit much. but droping it by 33% to start would be more in line with the other changes not 50%
Soul battery
is fine actually dont touch it its not the problem you are litteraly aiming blind now.
Gluttony
again is actually fine too its also not the problem keep in mind that 10% turns 3% gain into a 3.3% gain its not as big as you think. For a minor to only have that fuction and nothing else tapped onto its fine. Your other suggestions also cut direct sources of incoming LF gain dont also nerf the minior thats meant boost the gains slightly and serves no other function.

Vampiric rituals
will need a healing reduction per well pulse cut it by 33% or so

That is fair. I would like to see soul battery be a little worse though. i dislike how it scales with vitality. In the short term I would like to see it nerfed slightly though as it promotes shroud camping with is boring af

Well i mean nerfing soul battery wont stop it from scaling with vitality its clear that anet wants people to consider vitality over toughness with necro even the most recent death magic grand master scales with vitality. I think scaling with vitality is fine because its a choice you make before hand not mid fight in most situations. That wont stop people from shroud campping shroud is the partial defense of necromancer you use it when you dont want to lose hp. Nerfing soul battery will not change this play style because its in the base design of how the class works.

Keep in mind other professions before now ate necros with that current version of soul battery and other lf gain increases with ease. The point of patches going forward is to not put necro at the bottom of the totem pole where it was before because thats thematically how its been for a while which is why it underperformed so much. ITs to actually get it in line or others in line with it. To do that means it needs to be able to stand up to the punishment that would other wise be blocked/ evaded by other professions when it does not have those options. To balance it in a way where it needs to die just as fast as everything else does without those block/evade/stability/hard defense tools/etc is very unjustified hard balancing.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

not every class.guard is broken, ref is broken, necro is broken... then there is a BIIIIG gap, then there is ranger pets, another gap and the rest of the classes :D

Not true at all. Condi mirage is still very strong. Ranger is too strong. Warrior is still very good. Rev broken. etc etc

@Rickster.8752 said:

Not true at all. Condi mirage is still very strong. Ranger is too strong. Warrior is still very good. Rev broken. etc etc

1v1 me on this strong mirage. ill give ya 100g if you win once.

@Genesis.5169@Wayne.6253Im just gonna throw this out there for perspective purposes but.... try letting a warrior rampage auto you its literally about the same levels of damage

The differenceWarrior rampage = melee but has lower cooldown on accessing it, has more reliable cc, takes lower incoming damage for the duration.Necro Lich = Ranged projectile has higher cooldown on accessing, easer to land upfront damage, has true (or some what realistic) life steal with grim Spector

Also EditThe reason you rarely saw lich in the previous patch was because the moment you popped it you got erased. Everyone had far more damage on their basic weapon skills than you did on your lich auto as strong as it is all it did was make you a bigger target of focus.

With damage lowered it can actually be used for a few seconds without being instantly killed