Holosmith is now PvE only class post patch

Lacko.6572

Unless ArenaNet seriously does something to increase holosmith damage or nerf everything else even more. playing holosmith vs other classes will feel like playing with full yellow rare gear against a guy with full ascended, if you were to push into spellbreaker or any other cancerous condi duelist such as core necro or condi revenant, you will need to be at least 2 - 3 times better at the game than they are to beat them. when fighting against spellbreaker, for example, you can land a combo of 5 - 6 with your holo form, spellbreaker will just face tank it, hit you once or twice and deal more damage than a holo with 6 successful hits, which is extremely sad. as a holo main since the launch of POF, it pains me to see that I can play something like core necro or fire weaver, put in barely any effort and win 3v1, whereas when playing as a holo I would literally need to go super Sayan and break the table in the process.

I haven't seen the state of a scrapper, but you can be much more successful as celestial core engi than holosmith in PvP matches.

well u can play protection holo and join in on the bunker fun :D \o/i have to agree tho. full zerk holo with tools and explosions and i barely have enough dmg to kill ppl let alone fighting them without jumping them out of stealth and hope for a quick kill. fighting anything condi on that is surefire way to lose, since they shrug off the dmg and vomit condi's like no tomorrow xD dosnt have any staying power anymore and thats with 3 stunbreaks . still tossed around like a ragdoll xD feelsgoodman

It's because you're not playing highly tanky Prot Holo. It's viable, just the only viable iteration of Holo is the most boring now. I'd say Holo is still the best PvP spec by a small bit in some circumstances.

Edit: Core Engi still in last. Not enough survivability tools, damage is decent.

@"Chaith.8256" said:It's because you're not playing highly tanky Prot Holo. It's viable, just the only viable iteration of Holo is the most boring now. I'd say Holo is still the best PvP spec by a small bit in some circumstances.

Edit: Core Engi still in last. Not enough survivability tools, damage is decent.

you will find that the truth is quite different, I am mostly focusing on plat2+ ratinng

1. after patch celestial cor engi is popping off
  2. I am one of the people who started showing prot holo gameplay even back when u would get bullied for it, since what happened to rifle it is about the only viable option, but u are still underpowered when encountering other builds on that kind of rating, this was not entirely true pre-patch, but holo was still one of the underperforming class, combine it with a huge patch nerf which hit engi if not more then equally as hard as other classes, and u got urself class that is maybe ok for gold rating or beginning of the plat to farm bad players.

one of the prot holo vids

Recent Celestial core engi

@"DRfear.5234" said:you will find that the truth is quite different, I am mostly focusing on plat2+ ratinng

2. I am one of the people who started showing prot holo gameplay even back when u would get bullied for it, since what happened to rifle it is about the only viable option, but u are still underpowered when encountering other builds on that kind of rating, this was not entirely true pre-patch, but holo was still one of the underperforming class, combine it with a huge patch nerf which hit engi if not more then equally as hard as other classes, and u got urself class that is maybe ok for gold rating or beginning of the plat to farm bad players.

Celestial core Engi is much better now. But I'm not mistaken, it's still trailing behind Scrapper and Prot Holo. The gap is much smaller though!

I do not think your Celestial core engi build is even remotely close to viable, the montage vs. heavily staggered horrendous players is not really validating the build much.

A viable celestial build is going to bring a lot more power damage, I can't see a cele build without Grenades at the moment.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@"DRfear.5234" said:you will find that the truth is quite different, I am mostly focusing on plat2+ ratinng

Celestial core Engi is much better now. But I'm not mistaken, it's still trailing behind Scrapper and Prot Holo. The gap is much smaller though!

I do not think your Celestial core engi build is even remotely close to viable, the montage vs. heavily staggered horrendous players is not really validating the build much.

A viable celestial build is going to bring a lot more power damage, I can't see a cele build without Grenades at the moment.

I could see such a setup being considered but with grieving gear instead of celestial. Those pistols could use that additional power punch despite the nerf and grenades would perhaps be more appealing, especially in an environment where apparently people are ditching their marauder/demolisher amulets for berserker ones. Maybe it would get killed often in duels with such a lack of defensive stats but I'm not sure that celestial would allow one to make a dent on the likes of firebrand.

Horrendous players such as boyce who if I am not msitaken is a God of PvP and Monthly AT Winner xD

@Chaith.8256 said:

Yeah, I was watching them as well, was my general assessment most of the other players weren't playing smart. A single stunbreak will get you murdered by a lot of different specs, particularly the meta ones right now. But the enemy players were often sitting still on bombs, using off-meta builds.

A Kamikaze build was doing pretty well before and after the patch. Just a little tweak here and there and it would be living more than dead heheh. Won a few matches just blowing people up for 10k crits on that build though.

A particular Condi spec on Scrapper has been pretty good. Won a lot of 2v2s in a row with that (solo q btw). But it is still delicious to catch two players off guard with an explosion that can possibly crit for 10k on the Kamikaze Holo spec even though I lose more often with that build.

@"DRfear.5234" said:

Horrendous players such as boyce who if I am not msitaken is a God of PvP and Monthly AT Winner xD

So you name drop Boyce as if your build beats him, that's pretty rude.

In a teamfight, Boyce's horrendous unranked teammates after patch day die on point, and then you and another teammate could chase a fleeing, outnumbered Boyce casting Pistol #1, #2, #3 into his back while he tries to disengage. It doesn't showcase your build at all because you might as well have no traitlines, armor, and just a pistol equipped.