Want to improve your frame rate while maintaining IQ? Use these settings.

I see a lot of players complaining about low FPS. Sure, the game benefits greatly from an extremely powerful GPU and single core on a CPU, like 5GHz, but there is a lot you can do on your side to improve frame rate.

I shared these settings in map chat with other players and a few said it improved their performance by up to 20 frames per second. These settings will provide good visual quality while being extremely optimized, especially in world boss fights.

Basically, I got tired of seeing the complaining. I hope this helps someone.

Give it a try. I have highlighted (***) the most important settings that increase performance.

Camera1) Field of View Slider in Middle *** (Default)

Display1) Fullscreen 2) Refresh Rate Max 3) Frame Limiter Unlimited ***

Advanced Settings1) Animation High2) Antialiasing FXAA (FXAA overall does a better job at removing scintillation on armor; slight blur)3) Environment Medium4) LOD Distance Low5) Reflections All6) Textures High7) Render Sampling Native 8) Shadows Low 9) Shaders High10) Postprocessing None or High (User preference; can sometimes be an eye sore)11) Character Model Limit Lowest 12) Character Model Quality Low (Medium is also acceptable for WvW and Raids)13) Ambient Occlusion Off14) Best Texture Filtering Checked15) Depth Blur Off (Remove unnecessary blur at close range in some cases)16) Effect LOD Checked 17) High-Res Character Textures Checked18) Light Adaptation Off19) Vertical Sync Off

@Josiah.2967 said:

@ListenToMe.5130 said:5) Reflections All

I stopped here. Please tell me you meant none.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Indeed. Reflections can be an FPS-hog.

I believe what the OP is saying is of you set the "***" ones at his recommendations then you can get away with the other settings as described, also would help to know what GPU and CPU he has. I personally have everything maxed out, and I don't mind when it dips down into the 10's as I honestly don't notice.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@ListenToMe.5130 said:5) Reflections All

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Indeed. Reflections can be an FPS-hog.

I believe what the OP is saying is of you set the "***" ones at his recommendations then you can get away with the other settings as described, also would help to know what GPU and CPU he has. I personally have everything maxed out, and I don't mind when it dips down into the 10's as I honestly don't notice.

I have a I9900K 5GHZ and a GTX 2080TI. Reflection is a serious CPU hit. Regardless if you see them or not, it still loads and causes the hit. Really bad for event frames.

I can also suggest you that trying to go above 60FPS in this game is a stupid idea.

Get DX12pxy instead.

Most of the settings are GPU bound aside Shadows and player count. Meaning you will get performance degradation before your GPU is the problem because every single framerate drops are 90% of the time related to players. Visually speaking Shaders are less annoying at Medium and SMAA is literally FXAA without destroying texture quality, someone could max out everything else and barely lose 5 FPS at best if they have a proper mid range GPU of today generation and I am putting the barely lose 5 FPS in a real situation where there's action and players, not in an early PvE map where barely any of the GW2 features are used today, anyone can get 250 FPS by just looking at nothing.

:othe field of view should always be at the highest because of gamers sickness....

dvanced Settings1) Animation High ( set this to low when you dont want to see some infusion effects )2) Antialiasing FXAA ( this change brings 0-1 fps )3) Environment Medium ( bring 0-1 fps )4) LOD Distance Low ( brings 0-1 fps )5) Reflections NONE ( brings 10-30 fps )6) Textures High ( brings 0-1 fps )7) Render Sampling Native ( this is must have )8) Shadows NONE ( brings THE MOST fps boost )9) Shaders High ( i would choose medium or low when you have some mount skins like shiny dragon skin )10) Postprocessing ( NONE ! ) for much much much better view!.11) Character Model Limit ( low or middle )12) Character Model Quality ( LOW or VERY LOW especially for WVW )13) Ambient Occlusion ( ON ) you see the hills 10000 times better.14) Best Texture Filtering ( none )15) Depth Blur Off16) Effect LOD Checked17) High-Res Character Textures ( none )18) Light Adaptation Off19) Vertical Sync Off

20 ) download DX912pxy ****

@Josiah.2967 said:

@"ListenToMe.5130" said:5) Reflections All

Did you read the subject line? It says "WHILE MAINTAINING IQ."Reflections greatly enhance visual fidelity, so that's why I'm suggesting leaving it enabled.Sure, if you want more fps turn everything off... But that's not what I'm suggesting.

@nomak.8693 said:

@"ListenToMe.5130" said:5) Reflections All

Haha my exact thoughts.

Did you read the subject line? It says "WHILE MAINTAINING IQ."Reflections greatly enhance visual fidelity, so that's why I'm suggesting leaving it enabled.Sure, if you want more fps turn everything off... But that's not what I'm suggesting.

@bluberblasen.9684 said:

:othe field of view should always be at the highest because of gamers sickness....

dvanced Settings1) Animation High ( set this to low when you dont want to see some infusion effects )2) Antialiasing FXAA ( this change brings 0-1 fps )3) Environment Medium ( bring 0-1 fps )4) LOD Distance Low ( brings 0-1 fps )5) Reflections NONE ( brings 10-30 fps )6) Textures High ( brings 0-1 fps )7) Render Sampling Native ( this is must have )8) Shadows NONE ( brings THE MOST fps boost )9) Shaders High ( i would choose medium or low when you have some mount skins like shiny dragon skin )10) Postprocessing ( NONE ! ) for much much much better view!.11) Character Model Limit ( low or middle )12) Character Model Quality ( LOW or VERY LOW especially for WVW )13) Ambient Occlusion ( ON ) you see the hills 10000 times better.14) Best Texture Filtering ( none )15) Depth Blur Off16) Effect LOD Checked17) High-Res Character Textures ( none )18) Light Adaptation Off19) Vertical Sync Off

20 ) download DX912pxy

FoV is one of the biggest contributors to lower performance in GW2.

yes it is indeed, but lower foV = ~ 50 % less informations on your screen.

its the same like in every ego shooter apart from counterstrike :) bigger foV = more informations.

even if you only want a very little competitive you need maximum fov.

sorry, i didn't know people were competitive on world bosses>c @bluberblasen.9684 said:

yes it is indeed, but lower foV = ~ 50 % less informations on your screen.

its the same like in every ego shooter apart from counterstrike :) bigger foV = more informations.

even if you only want a very little competitive you need maximum fov.

sorry, i didn't know people were competitive on world bosses, unfortunately, you've missed the point