Can we get some communication finally?

@GewRoo.4172 said:Ben already mentioned a couple of times that balance will be somewhat chaotic after the patch. Give them some time to look at the overall 'new' picture and how the outliers can fit in it.

Chaotic cuz there are unforeseable issues is understandable. Chaotic cuz Anet was too lazy to test and fix issues is not it.

If they mentioned they wanted feedback, it was mostly PR talk to give player hope they'll listen.Nearly all of the feedback on the forums is ignored, since everything even slightly deviating from their vision seems to be unwanted.

And I doubt they even want to communicate in the first place.

Anet are stuck in 2005 where they think any communication is bad because if they change their mind then they "promised something and didn't deliver it".

In reality, all lack of communication/transparency does is make people quit your game. Which is what happened to GW2. The industry has changed and people expect fast patches and clear communication like in league of legends and fortnite. Anet's lack of communication and patching schedule is unacceptable in 2020 and as a result their game is in terminal decline.

How is Anet knowing that things will be chaotic an excuse for no communication after the patch? Isn't knowing that things will be chaotic more of an incentive to communicate and you know calm the chaos?

We know things will be chaotic... welp have fun panicking... see you whenever.
This is normal to some of you?

@"Lordrosicky.5813" said:Anet are stuck in 2005 where they think any communication is bad because if they change their mind then they "promised something and didn't deliver it".

In reality, all lack of communication/transparency does is make people quit your game. Which is what happened to GW2. The industry has changed and people expect fast patches and clear communication like in league of legends and fortnite. Anet's lack of communication and patching schedule is unacceptable in 2020 and as a result their game is in terminal decline.

Right? Am I crazy for thinking since this patch, and the implication that they wanted to revamp the competitive scene, our time had come and Anet would descend from the heavens upon us, finally wipe the tears from our eyes, and tell us it would be okay?

But for real I was hoping we might finally have a discourse going on, still haven’t lost faith.

@"Twilight Tempest.7584" said:PR 101: Even if you can't go into specifics, acknowledge there are issues, that you are working on them, and that further information will be forthcoming. A five minute statement can put many at ease. Silence has the opposite effect.

They already said those things before the patch came out. They said they know there will be issues they won't have forseen but are looking to tackle them at a faster rate, i.e not a 3-4 month wait but 4-6weeks. People seem to think them saying they will do things faster means next day delivery when the time periods have clearly been laid out. Some people also say it's easy to spot the problems and "the forum is full of so many good ideas" or "just do X" but when you really look at the ideas a lot of them are knee jerk, terrible or aimed at not toning something down but out right removing it from viability.

Edit: it's also been 7 days. Not everything would have been found. If changes were made next day some subset of the people clamouring for fast changes would complain that Anet didn't need some yet to be found build that was to anyone who is the poster.

People seem to want some empty statements they already have the answers too but If Anet kept saying the same thing it's likely the same people would call them out for doing so.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@"Twilight Tempest.7584" said:PR 101: Even if you can't go into specifics, acknowledge there are issues, that you are working on them, and that further information will be forthcoming. A five minute statement can put many at ease. Silence has the opposite effect.

They already said those things before the patch came out. They said they know there will be issues they won't have forseen but are looking to tackle them at a faster rate, i.e not a 3-4 month wait but 4-6weeks. People seem to think them saying they will do things faster means next day delivery when the time periods have clearly been laid out. Some people also say it's easy to spot the problems and "the forum is full of so many good ideas" or "just do X" but when you really look at the ideas a lot of them are knee jerk, terrible or aimed at not toning something down but out right removing it from viability.

Edit: it's also been 7 days. Not everything would have been found. If changes were made next day some subset of the people clamouring for fast changes would complain that Anet didn't need some yet to be found build that was to anyone who is the poster.

People seem to want some empty statements they already have the answers too but If Anet kept saying the same thing it's likely the same people would call them out for doing so.

Stop trying to defend something that is factually bad practice. Changes don’t need to be made every second, stop using that as a point of contention, but there is absolutely no reason for anet to pass up this as an opportunity to reengage with the community.

As someone else said, this isn’t 2005. You have no grounds for excusing bad practice, and there is no reason to try to defend something that OBVIOUSLY needs a facelift.

Community engagement, either here or on reddit, builds structure. I’m sure many people think these forums are a cesspool of hatred and bad opinions, but that has more to do with creating a place where people think they might be heard, and then ignoring them for 5 years. (zero community engagement = zero community structure)

Imagine how people would react IF we started getting actual responses in threads? Probably incredibly well. Wouldn't that put people at ease? Wouldn't that confirm these changes actually matter and things WILL improve?

Especially after YEARS of this place being like shouting into the void, Is that such a crazy thing to hope for?

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Yes, they did say some of these things before the patch came out. And frankly, they should say them again, now that it's been out, along with any elaboration they're able to make.

I don't expect them to make changes overnight. Nor do I want them to engage in hollow spokesperson speak. Just some meaningful communication now and then would be nice.

I still have faith, perhaps naively, that they are taking notes from the community, collecting and analyzing data, and working hard behind the scenes. I just think their community manager(s) ought to say as much. Pretty low effort task for some positive public relations, if you ask me.