Rune-Locked Doors + Weapon Collection

This was the best! Thank you so much to the designer who came up with this. <3 <3 <3

Finally some cool content, not constant fighting (please provide us with more such exciting content in the future. :) ).

And I love the skins! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3.

Edit: P.S. I want the astral/star fish as miniatures! =)

I agree, this was perhaps the most enjoyable thing I've experienced so far in PoF. Some of it was mildly frustrating at the time (those accursed spiders!!) but I quite liked running through it alone just desperately trying to collect the weapons and runes and trying not to die.

yeah, this place definetely gave me a bit of zelda-falvor, while explorign it "nearly" alone..

Still have to find 1 single shield piece there to finish the last weapon collection achievement there, which I haven#t found yet, the others io could find all on first try, just doign the rooms one after another in order and the bank achievement is also nicely hidden in that area, but I did'#t felt that I'm lucky enough atm, to waste there lots of gold at that moment, just for some achievements xD

@Glacial.9516 said:I agree, this was perhaps the most enjoyable thing I've experienced so far in PoF. Some of it was mildly frustrating at the time (those accursed spiders!!) but I quite liked running through it alone just desperately trying to collect the weapons and runes and trying not to die.

Oh, the spiders. I HATED those. Loved the quest tho. I agree, it was one of the best designed areas of the whole expansion.

I loved it, each room was very thematically well done. The descent into the starry water was great.

Only issue really was the respawns, which is a consistent problem with this launch. It's usually an issue during launches for MMO's anyway though as they try to keep mobs fresh for new players passing in.

@Aurelian Omenkind.2470 said:Oh, the spiders. I HATED those. Loved the quest tho. I agree, it was one of the best designed areas of the whole expansion.@RoseofGilead.8907 said:I, too, loved doing this. Although, I never, ever want to go near that evil spider room again. Cursed spider webs!Those spiderwebs are one of the few places I've made good use of Portal when solo. I set a portal before moving into them, got to the runestone asap and then took the portal back out.@MachineManXX.9746 said:Wish I had any clue what you are all talking about.It's a puzzle in the Dwarven Mines in Desert Highlands.

@Incarne.4927 said:I had so much fun doing this, and I hope there are more things like it in the future.

I wish there was more in PoF!

This is content that is rewarding in so many ways, not just in regard of items/skins. This is exactly the type of content that makes a game world feel alive and allows players to immerge in it. Exploration shouldn't be only about map completion but about discovery and adventure, and this was it. I wouldn't mind having twenty times as much of this type of content. :)

P.S. The 50/50 dwarven teleport chest rooms are fun, too, by the way. ;)

I liked how the doors stay unlocked permanently and the final room cerainly had a wow factor when you descended. Whilst i was frustrated by the mob numbers and cc it was an ultimately satisfying few hours in an evening set aside for it.

My only feedback is that the skins were a bit bland for the work involved ( altho ive since started using the dagger and shield so it isnt too bad)

Archived