[VoD/Vid] 2v2 Power Mirage - One Dodge God (incl audio/subtitle+giveaway)

ATTENTION: 5 Aurene Outfits Giveaway in the end of the vid!

one day after patch i finally could try the new imba one dodge mesmer spec and start my 2v2 placements. I just used my old interrupt support burst power build and jumped into placements to test out current balance. i duo-ed with a friend and as you can hear (in german)/ or read (english subtitle directly included in the vid) we had some fun doing jokes about that crippled mirage spec. Overall the balance is not that good atm (too tanky) with few classes dominating the 2v2 scene, still we managed to have some fun. 2v2 in general is a great addition to the game.

the vid is not the usual montage vid, it is more near to a twitch vod upload (take it as a stream preparation upload, i wanna see if twitch stream content would be something ppl like and are interested in or not with adding the voice and with that all the crap i talk. so pls tell me in comments if you would be intersted in me trying to start streaming some day or not.

sooooo that means that it is a rly long vid but to make it interesting enough it includes voice chat, a lot of funny stuff, some educational stuff in terms of good and bad decision making in 2v2, memes and ofc a little bit of salt. all in all clearly worth watching over the whole duration i think. also i needed 2 whole days (and i rly mean around 48 hours) to write the english subtitle, so i hope at least a few of you do the effort to watch the whole vid.

Pls leave a like, a subs and a comment if you like, to support my channel! thx!

EDIT: Btw during recording the vid was planned as normal montage with high lights from placements, so way shorter and with my usual music instead voice audio. So nothing in this vid was said on purpose with this vid in mind. It was just normal talking during playing and discord voicing! Nothing posed (not even the intro is posed, i just put the intro Video footage over the ingame footage while we were waiting for your first q Pop and standing in the mists). When rewatching the footage i then found a lot of stuff funny and/ or interesting enough to be included in the vid.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I also have no clue what skills do what amount of damage, so for what hit do I use my sweet one dodge for?"

"Yes that really is a good question!"

As adorable as it is a stark reminder of how mental this nerf is. What even do we do...with the one safety thing...in a game...with many danger things???

I hope Anet release a tutorial (hehehe).

@ASV.7819 said:Nice! I like your playstyle. <3 :3Mesmers forever! ;)

big thx for the feedback, its always appreciated! im happy you like the vid/ gameplay <3

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Impossible ? mirage was deleted ?

the best challenge is to try to win a race on a dead horse. well thats not rly fitting, anet more cut my reins so i lost a lot of impact/ influence on where, when and how the horse is running.

@Ashkew.6584 said:nice vid and thanks for the 48hours of your time for subtitles :) is appriciated

my pleasure! <3 big thx for watching and the nice feedback!

@"Simonoly.4352" said:"I also have no clue what skills do what amount of damage, so for what hit do I use my sweet one dodge for?"

"Yes that really is a good question!"

As adorable as it is a stark reminder of how mental this nerf is. What even do we do...with the one safety thing...in a game...with many danger things???

I hope Anet release a tutorial (hehehe).

haha i doubt that will ever happen :lol:

I really wish you wouldn't post this kind of vids. All I see is cherry picked fights vs favorable opponents. It's footage like this that makes Mesmer look better than the dire state it's in. If in any of those fights, you'd get rushed properly, I'm sure you can understand how that would've ended.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:I really wish you wouldn't post this kind of vids. All I see is cherry picked fights vs favorable opponents. It's footage like this that makes Mesmer look better than the dire state it's in. If in any of those fights, you'd get rushed properly, I'm sure you can understand how that would've ended.

cherry picked? its a 50 mins vid showing 8 out of 10 placements :lol:

including a lot of lost fights, showing strategie changes and hard teamwork we had to do to turn around the matches as a whole and win in the end. the 2 missing matchups were vs the most broken comp at that time on the bad asura span map favors already op teamcomps so crazy that it is nearly impossible to win with our comp on that map (incl no valun path/no line of sight teleport bugs appearing randomly everywhere), doesnt matter how we play. there simply wasnt anything interesting or educational to see would worth including them into a vid that is already way too long.

favorable enemies? if you take the time to look at how our enemies are playing then you can see that skillwise none of them were complete freekills, we are not just killing noobs here. even more, quite a few of them (ofc not all and not always but a lot of them) play quite decent and we had a hard time to win often enough. and that aside from most of them being very favored by their teamcomp. so that is not true either.

never got focused properly? as you can see i get focused often enough, i just know how to cover myself by counterpressure at the right moment, timed cc on keyskills and movement, incl the purpose of making them split by kiting on even ground (to counter their teamsynergy gives them high sustain when near to each other) and make them feel like wasting too much time trying to catch me, and that without complete disengaging and going afk on a safe spot (we tried that too but as you could see in most cases, esp vs the meta comp fb/ele and necro/condirev me just freecasting from a safe spot was too less pressure to win in the end). they tried to focus me often and long enough until they felt like they will not get me down as easy as they expected and tried something else. so also here i have to disagree.

about your concern that this vid will make anet think all is fine in mesmer land: i get that worry, but when you paid attention to the audio/ writings (subtitle) and intro, the message of the vid is clear: this change is insanely bad and makes no sense and needs to be taken back at any case but i doubt anyone from anet even do the effort to watch my vids. so you can stop worrying i think.

anyway thx for watching, sad you could not enjoy. but you never can please everyone.¯(ツ)

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@ArlAlt.1630 said:I really wish you wouldn't post this kind of vids. All I see is cherry picked fights vs favorable opponents. It's footage like this that makes Mesmer look better than the dire state it's in. If in any of those fights, you'd get rushed properly, I'm sure you can understand how that would've ended.

including a lot of
lost
fights, showing strategie changes and hard teamwork we had to do to turn around the matches as a whole and win in the end. the 2 missing matchups were vs the most broken comp at that time on the bad asura span map favors already op teamcomps so crazy that it is nearly impossible to win with our comp on that map (incl no valun path/no line of sight teleport bugs appearing randomly everywhere), doesnt matter how we play. there simply wasnt anything interesting or educational to see would worth including them into a vid that is already way too long.

favorable enemies? if you take the time to look at how our enemies are playing then you can see that skillwise none of them were complete freekills, we are not just killing noobs here. even more, quite a few of them (ofc not all and not always but a lot of them) play quite decent and we had a hard time to win often enough. and that aside from most of them being very favored by their teamcomp. so that is not true either.

never got focused properly? as you can see i get focused often enough, i just know how to cover myself by counterpressure at the right moment, timed cc on keyskills and movement, incl the purpose of making them split by kiting on even ground (to counter their teamsynergy gives them high sustain when near to each other) and make them feel like wasting too much time trying to catch me, and that without complete disengaging and going afk on a safe spot (we tried that too but as you could see in most cases, esp vs the meta comp fb/ele and necro/condirev me just freecasting from a safe spot was too less pressure to win in the end). they tried to focus me often and long enough until they felt like they will not get me down as easy as they expected and tried something else. so also here i have to disagree.

about your concern that this vid will make anet think all is fine in mesmer land: i get that worry, but when you paid attention to the audio/ writings (subtitle) and intro, the message of the vid is clear: this change is insanely bad and makes no sense and needs to be taken back at any case but i doubt anyone from anet even do the effort to watch my vids. so you can stop worrying i think.

anyway thx for watching, sad you could not enjoy. but you never can please everyone.¯
(ツ)

I feel like EU meta is VASTLY more favorable to Mesmer than NA meta, just looking at your vid. And that's a false positive right there. You can sugar coat it as much as you want. But this is borderline never gonna happen outside of Silver/Gold 2 on NA.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

including a lot of
lost
fights, showing strategie changes and hard teamwork we had to do to turn around the matches as a whole and win in the end. the 2 missing matchups were vs the most broken comp at that time on the bad asura span map favors already op teamcomps so crazy that it is nearly impossible to win with our comp on that map (incl no valun path/no line of sight teleport bugs appearing randomly everywhere), doesnt matter how we play. there simply wasnt anything interesting or educational to see would worth including them into a vid that is already way too long.

anyway thx for watching, sad you could not enjoy. but you never can please everyone.¯
(ツ)

I feel like EU meta is VASTLY more favorable to Mesmer than NA meta, just looking at your vid. And that's a false positive right there. You can sugar coat it as much as you want. But this is borderline never gonna happen outside of Silver/Gold 2 on NA.

dunno about na but most comps were the meta comps with fb or ele and condirev/ necro. would be surprised na had a different meta regarding how much stronger those classes clearly were than all others. but whatever you wanna think and makes you happy o/

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

including a lot of
lost

(ツ)

dunno about na but most comps were the meta comps with fb or ele and condirev/ necro. would be surprised na had a different meta regarding how much stronger those classes clearly were than all others. but whatever you wanna think and makes you happy o/

I have a lot of respect for what you’ve been doing girl. Don’t think I don’t.

But out of all your vids this one is by far, a poor showing.

@"ArlAlt.1630" said:I really wish you wouldn't post this kind of vids. All I see is cherry picked fights vs favorable opponents. It's footage like this that makes Mesmer look better than the dire state it's in. If in any of those fights, you'd get rushed properly, I'm sure you can understand how that would've ended.

Read: "This is making it really hard for people to pretend mes is deleted"

@"Jazz.4639" said:[skilled mesmer noises]

That's what I like to see.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@"ArlAlt.1630" said:I really wish you wouldn't post this kind of vids. All I see is cherry picked fights vs favorable opponents. It's footage like this that makes Mesmer look better than the dire state it's in. If in any of those fights, you'd get rushed properly, I'm sure you can understand how that would've ended.

I’m sorry, but the few of us that make it work on sheer will, should hardly be the norm to balance Mesmer. I dare any new player to start as Mirage and then make a Thief and tell me which one they find more adequate.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

I’m sorry, but the few of us that make it work on sheer will, should hardly be the norm to balance Mesmer. I dare any new player to start as Mirage and then make a Thief and tell me which one they find more adequate.

Both of those explode if you don't know what you're doing.It was even like that before, but learning a staff condi build is easier than learning whatever people consider thief cheese flavor of the month.Whether or not its newb friendly is less relevant to balance than how viable it is in the hands of someone who knows what all their buttons do.

Both of those explode if you don't know what you're doing.It was even like that before, but learning a staff condi build is easier than learning whatever people consider thief cheese flavor of the month.Whether or not its newb friendly is less relevant to balance than how viable it is in the hands of someone who knows what all their buttons do.

The fact you mentioned staff, makes me wonder if you’ve played post patch.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:The fact you mentioned staff, makes me wonder if you’ve played post patch.

Pay attention to what I said.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:It was even like that before, but learning a staff condi build is easier than learning whatever people consider thief cheese flavor of the month.

Both thief and mirage die in newbie hands. Before the patch, this was also the case, but staff condi builds were leagues more forgiving than any thief builds to new players.This patch did not suddenly give mirage an insurmountable skill floor, it just took away the handholding afforded to them by the staff build variants they had.Post patch, you remain struggling if you are new and just now picking up mes or thief, but you do not have the option to just lean into staff builds and be guaranteed all the sustain you needed, and I think that's absolutely fine. As OP showed, if you know what your buttons do you can still do some pretty impressive plays even without playing a build that is entirely insulated.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:The fact you mentioned staff, makes me wonder if you’ve played post patch.

Pay attention to what I said.

It was even like that before
, but learning a staff condi build is easier than learning whatever people consider thief cheese flavor of the month.

Both thief and mirage die in newbie hands. Before the patch, this was also the case, but staff condi builds were leagues more forgiving than any thief builds to new players.This patch did not suddenly give mirage an insurmountable skill floor, it just took away the handholding afforded to them by the staff build variants they had.Post patch, you remain struggling if you are new and just now picking up mes or thief, but you do not have the option to just lean into staff builds and be guaranteed all the sustain you needed, and I think that's absolutely fine. As OP showed, if you know what your buttons do you can still do some pretty impressive plays even without playing a build that is entirely insulated.

33333333 oh I’m sorry I’m playing thief.Dafuq you talking about?

@Starbreaker.6507 said:

@ArlAlt.1630 said:33333333 oh I’m sorry I’m playing thief.kitten you talking about?

kitten, was that the secret to playing thief I was missing when I was getting my kitten handed to me when I tried it out?

Good thing my brain was hardwired for more difficult key pairings when I picked up condi staff and had an easy time with it. :#

Pick it up now, tell me how you really feel.

Read: "This is making it really hard for people to pretend mes is deleted"Read : it's just placement match.

That's what I like to see.Really ? And I precise that I already feedback on the mesmer section, @ArlAlt.1630 is right when he says that it's not representative of the overall mesmer state.If you want some prove just look at misha vids once placements are done and you are stabilisated.

Btw it's nice to have this kind of vids.

@viquing.8254 said:

Read: "This is making it really hard for people to pretend mes is deleted"Read : it's just placement match.

That's what I like to see.Really ? And I precise that I already feedback on the mesmer section, @ArlAlt.1630 is right when he says that it's not representative of the overall mesmer state.If you want some prove just look at misha vids once placements are done and you are stabilisated.

Btw it's nice to have this kind of vids.

the skill lvl of the enemies is more relevant than if it was placements or not and when you look at most of their gameplay it was at least decent while playing favorable comps. we also played more matches the last 3 days, sadly me having the usual connection drop and lagging like crazy (what i have from time to time) but we still remain a good winration while meeting a lot of known and experienced top 50/25 and above player (in case you care for lb rating).the vid made a clear statement about the mesmer state and how bad the change is (esp bc it deletes skillneed and cut the mirage mechanic way too much), talking down the quality of the vid or the skill lvl of the enemies (directed at arlalt not viquing) for that statement is not necessary and actually makes me a bit sad. but that is my problem i guess.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:33333333 oh I’m sorry I’m playing thief.kitten you talking about?

If you spam 3 on any thief vs any player that isn't you will most likely crash and burn. And in the end lots of 3 skills still got nerfed anyway to actively prevent them from being spammed wantonly.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:Pick it up now, tell me how you really feel.

What, now that it doesn't autocarry? It's fine if it doesn't.

I said this several times but here it goes again, I had an online friend who was nuts about mesmer duels.Think of a mesmer and probably he has dueled himAccording to him Jazz and Thalia were the best mesmers he dueled.So yeah...

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

I said this several times but here it goes again, I had an online friend who was nuts about mesmer duels.Think of a mesmer and probably he has dueled himAccording to him Jazz and Thalia were the best mesmers he dueled.So yeah...

Jazz is arguably the best Mesmer to have ever played the game. Coming from a not too shabby Mesmer here. The arguments go more of her trying to push a rather fortunate streak of encounters as status quo.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

Jazz is arguably the best Mesmer to have ever played the game. Coming from a not too shabby Mesmer here. The arguments go more of her trying to push a rather fortunate streak of encounters as status quo.

What I was trying to say is give thieves half the initiative and probably Sind will still win some matches. I'm fine with claiming that mesmers are fine based on the best mesmer around as long as every other profession on game is nerfed so hard into oblivion that only the best players can still play.