make tomes of knowledge for laurels pls

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

@Etria.3642 said:I am swimming in them. Do you pvp or wvw? The reward tracks in those award tons of them.

Otherwise, I don't see why not, personally, since laurels are far more valuable than tomes.

That would probably be the reason for why Anet wouldn't do this, they may want to keep laurels as they currently are to maintain that value.

If you allow the purchase of Tomes of Knowledge from the Laurel vendor, it wouldn't change the value of laurels, I don't think... There are a lot of items in the vendor list already that are far less valuable than the Laurels they cost...Now, the other way around, though? Buying laurels with Tomes? Now that would affect the market. Probably in quite a big way, too, seeing how easy they are to obtain in WvW/PvP.

@"Fueki.4753" said:I wish I could get something, or anything, for my tomes of type the name to destroy.Even if they only get a vendor price of one copper per 250 stack it'd be better than what they are now.

That's already possible, just not in one step. You can exchange the Tomes for Spirit Shards at Miyani and use the shards in the mystic forge (https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/spirit-shards).

You can use tomes to level up keyfarmers quickly - there's keys at the end of the lv. 10 story, start of lv 40, and middle of 60.

If you only do lv. 10 you'll still likely accumulate tomes faster than you can use them all, but if you occasionally do the other two it will keep them in check.

It's the best use I've found for them - saves me time, which is valuable to me.

@Etria.3642 said:I am swimming in them. Do you pvp or wvw? The reward tracks in those award tons of them.

Otherwise, I don't see why not, personally, since laurels are far more valuable than tomes.

This might be a silly question, but what exactly is the value of laurels? As in what are people actually using them for that makes them valuable? I know I've got a bucket load saved up spare as aside from a few bits like the wolf mini, quartz node, & the odd ascended trinket I haven't seen anything else worth buying with them. Far as I know the items offered haven't changed a great deal over the years or had many new ones added, so I'm assuming by now a lot of long term players will have already brought all the one off/collectible items offered from laurel vendors, so that leaves convert them to gold or buy dyes? But surely in both of those cases just farming gold directly would be quicker/more efficient? Maybe I'm missing something with them, but to me they don't seem to really have much use.

@killermanjaro.5670 said:

This might be a silly question, but what exactly is the value of laurels? As in what are people actually using them for that makes them valuable? I know I've got a bucket load saved up spare as aside from a few bits like the wolf mini, quartz node, & the odd ascended trinket I haven't seen anything else worth buying with them. Far as I know the items offered haven't changed a great deal over the years or had many new ones added, so I'm assuming by now a lot of long term players will have already brought all the one off/collectible items offered from laurel vendors, so that leaves convert them to gold or buy dyes? But surely in both of those cases just farming gold directly would be quicker/more efficient? Maybe I'm missing something with them, but to me they don't seem to really have much use.

I use mine for infusions, but I enjoy making legendaries and loathe the gear storage system, so I have been assembling a set of ascended for each character. I am both so hopeful for the legendary wardrobe thing and so afraid, both. Currently because of the gear system I no longer share legendaries between characters.

@killermanjaro.5670 said:

Well a easy way to get gold for nothing is converting laurels to t6 materials.I usualy save laurels and keep them for whe I need to craft gift for legendaries.