Making Gold as a New Player

Hey! So I’ve seen a lot of old guides from years ago about making gold, or some more recent ones that involve selling valuable resources like mystic coins and spending laurels on stuff to sell, but I was wondering, what do you guys do to afford stuff in this game lmao. Trying to get the griffin mount soon, and it costs a lot of gold! So what events do you run to get gold? What should I sell/salvage?

Thanks in advance for the help!

This isn't what you were asking, but if I was starting over, I wouldn't even bother to get the Griffon. Since I got the Skyscale I never use the Griffon. Of course, if you are a completionist or otherwise really, really want the Griffon, more power to you. Be sure to do the daily achievements (2 g per day). Don't sell Mystic Coins if you think you might want to make a Legendary Weapon or other item requiring lots of coins in the future. Selling T6 mats is a fairly painless way to make a little gold, but again, they are needed for Legendaries. People talk about farming the Silverwastes for gold but I've never found that useful for how I like to spend my time in the game.

Finally, if you want to spend real-world money, buy gems in the gem store and convert them to gold. Do NOT buy gems through third-party sites. Good luck!

You have to really understand the best place to use your currencies and the game in general. Like really invest your time to look at the best places to use the currencies in your wallet. And of course be incredibly stingy.

Also become a gatherer, craft everything and I mean everything you'll ever need. Never buy what you want in the TP unless it's a drop. Last thing I'll say is find ways to get your ascendeds as free as possible.

If you are super new but have done enough to go for the griffon, then you should be set to do the 3 dailies each day -- select the 3 you find easiest/most fun/most useful to also progress your character in exploration etc. You will get 2 gold along with miscellaneous goodies and 10 AP (a long time from now you'll stop getting the AP but that's once you have 15K AP from dailies, so don't fret about it now). That is slow but steady, and the griffon costs gold in 25 gold installments so you can advance it every couple of weeks if you aren't making gold from other sources as well.

Others will no doubt have specific gold making strategies to share with you. I just let it accumulate over time from TP sales and my occasional BL chest splurge (so I don't have tens of thousands of gold like TP barons, but have plenty for my own needs). I have seen recommendations for doing things like running Silverwastes and selling off the unidentified bags. Or maybe selling some and opening others based on criteria I haven't kept in my memory since I open all my bags, salvage everything, deposit to bank, and sell only what is over my 2K storage limit. If you don't intend to craft, you can gather mats to sell on the TP. The best prices will be for lower tier things like iron and linen, as those are needed in quantity as part of making top tier ascended gear.

When selling on the TP don't just sell to the highest bidder. It may be instant gratification but you could be cutting your gold intake by half or more. Eyeball the sell listings, and how many things are listed at each price. Sure there may be 10K iron ore at X price, tempting you to undercut, but mats flow through the TP in the millions. Watch the flow, test-list some things, see if you have your gold in just a few minutes or at worst later the same day, and post your sales at a price that gets you sales in a time frame you find comfortable. Also do some math. Make sure that after you take the listing and sale deductions out of your earnings you'll still be making over vendor price.

If you have a yellow (rare) or orange (exotic) piece of gear to sell and it has a rune or sigil in it, and you have time, do a quick TP search to see what that upgrade sells for. It might be worth extracting it to sell for more than the gear itself. All of this is by way of making tiny incremental amounts to add up over time. I think the only way to really make huge gold per day is to be a good TP flipper, and learning to do that isn't simple.

One final idea, get listed on gw2efficiency.com -- make your API key from your game account page and sign up -- so you can get an overview of the current value of items in your bank and inventory. You might have 20 gold worth of mats (and that's at the lowest sale listing, I think) that you can toss into the TP if you want the griffon more than you want the crafting supplies.

wait for sales:buy 1-xx additional copies of the game ( wait for 5-10 € / $ sallings ).farm the log in rewards. -> no need to farm xy -> more fun doing things you really like -> profit :)

each login needs with SSD 10-20 seconds loading time + righlick -> F12 -> logout = 30 seconds each account.

every account = 20 mystic coins and 55 laurels. ( additional other stuff for example ; mats, ectos, very low chance auf black lion key, halloween chest ...)

mystic coins average price =1.4x gold ~ 28 goldhttps://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/laurels = 91 silvers each. ~ 50 gold.

= 28 + 50 = 78 gold each additional account every 28 days.

You can likely sell the Tier 3 fine crafting trophies, the ones with just the basic names like claw, fang, venom sac, etc. you may have a pile in your bank from just playing and they go for 7+ silver and are easy enough to get if you want them later.

Don’t overlook gathering- freshwater pearls and Maguuma lilies still go for 5 gold each, so grab any mussels or jungle plants you see on the chance that you get a lucky drop.

Sky scale is nice, but if you are completely new then you might need to buy the living story episodes to be able to get it. Don’t know what you have unlocked already.

If you've unlocked DragonFall I've found that's a nice way to farm gold. Often you'll find commander tags doing runs trough the map, Not only do you get a lot of rewards you can sell on the TP but you also get a fair amount of Volitile Magic which if you go to a collector by the starting area you can buy a Trophy Shipment for 1 Gold + 250 Magic, These most of the time give a nice profit when you sell the contents on the TP.Ontop of that you can do the Daily achievement for 2 Gold, It's pretty easy just do the easiest objectives like choping some trees or viewing a vista and you get the gold.Then there's Ley-line anomaly, You get a Trophy you can sell for 50 silver and a Mystic coin that you can sell for around 1 gold 20 silver on TP, The coin is once a day and he appears every 2 hours, If you've got the Ley-infused lodestone in your inventory it'll tell you on screen when and where he's appeared. Again this is quick and easy.

Personally I find farming to be very boring, the collection for Skyscale almost destroyed me so these are the ways I like best along with WvW just because there's no involvement needed to farm, You just play the game mode and every 5 minutes get progress added to the reward track.

Honestly, there's no shortage on ways to farm gold, It ultimately comes down to which you enjoy the most.