Red bauble infusion question

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:No, you either need to complete the assassin weapon collection (ridiculous, the infusion should not be acquired so easily) or be a man and smash world 1 in tribulation mode 16 times.

Except the assassin weapon collection is harder to complete. Buying all crimson assassin weapons costs 200 assassin tokens. With 8tokens/16days it means you get an average 2 tokens per day and thus need 100 days. Given that the festival is only there for a limited time each year, this means it takes 4-5 years to complete, assuming you are there every time to do your dailies.

Meanwhile you can do the storm wizard weapon collection within a weekend or so. All you have to do is watch a guide beforehand and copy what you see there. Not even to mention that in the first year the infusion got released people were able to just buy tribulation-completions from other players.

But for OPs question, yes there are only those two ways of getting the red infusion.

@Jojo.6140 said:

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:No, you either need to complete the assassin weapon collection (ridiculous, the infusion should
not
be acquired so easily) or be a man and smash world 1 in tribulation mode 16 times.

Except the assassin weapon collection is harder to complete. Buying all crimson assassin weapons costs 200 assassin tokens. With 8tokens/16days it means you get an average 2 tokens per day and thus need 100 days. Given that the festival is only there for a limited time each year, this means it takes 4-5 years to complete, assuming you are there every time to do your dailies.

Meanwhile you can do the storm wizard weapon collection within a weekend or so. All you have to do is watch a guide beforehand and copy what you see there. Not even to mention that in the first year the infusion got released people were able to just buy tribulation-completions from other players.

But for OPs question, yes there are only those two ways of getting the red infusion.

Just because it takes longer does not mean it is harder, you can brute force the assassin collection but you need a greater level of ability to complete tribulation mode 16 times per zone.

@Jojo.6140 said:Not even to mention that in the first year the infusion got released people were able to just buy tribulation-completions from other players.

No need to mention it then, since it isn't relevant - you cannot do that now.

@"Luthan.5236" said:I wonder why they "fixed" this so people can't buy the tribulatoin runs anymore - when for raids it seems still possible. Similar thing. Weird isn't it?

It's not similar, the first one was an exploit, because it circumvented the mechanics of the tribulation mode where all people of the group have to reach a checkpoint.In contrast in Raids, Fractals etc. there is no difference between a group that carries a raid-buyer and a group with a dead or bad player, they still have to do the same mechanics.

@Jojo.6140 said:

@"nosleepdemon.1368" said:No, you either need to complete the assassin weapon collection (ridiculous, the infusion should
not
be acquired so easily) or be a man and smash world 1 in tribulation mode 16 times.

Exactly. That's anything but "easy". Doing the Tribulation Mode achievement works a lot faster.

• 1 year later...
On 4/22/2020 at 4:57 AM, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

No, you either need to complete the assassin weapon collection (ridiculous, the infusion should not be acquired so easily) or be a man and smash world 1 in tribulation mode 16 times.

Yep, that's 96 times for both Infusions -- mad indeed, but the reward felt extremely rewarding, because of the challenge. 🙂

P.S. How is finishing the Crimson Assassin's Weapon Collection easy? Am I missing something here? It's my fourth year of SAB and I am still 4 weapons short. Is there an additional acquisition method for Crimson Assassin Tokens apart from the "Course Load" achievement and the Daily that I don't know of?

On 4/21/2020 at 10:57 PM, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

No, you either need to complete the assassin weapon collection (ridiculous, the infusion should not be acquired so easily) or be a man and smash world 1 in tribulation mode 16 times.

Tru, although W1 Trib is pretty short and easy and normies can at least get 1 infusion if they hate it that much eventually. I hope they don't negate all the work I put into W2 though cuz that was absolute madness to obtain, making it my most valuable item to me.

• Confused 1