Please Fix My Class (Warrior)

Bee.6239

To show you my frustration, this is my first post in 7 years. Yes this is how frustrated I am. Also please fix power and get rid of weakness. Condi is too easy and too simple of counter play to power burst. (X condi class here, +kite + Prot + Weakness + No need to use my dodge rolls effectively = counter to almost any power burst)Who is running the balance team, I know three legged hamsters on wheels that can balance better

Sincerely,

A day one player that gives you money.

Gracias

@Bee.6239 said:To show you my frustration, this is my first post in 7 years. Yes this is how frustrated I am. Also please fix power and get rid of weakness. Condi is too easy and too simple of counter play to power burst. (X condi class here, +kite + Prot + Weakness + No need to use my dodge rolls effectively = counter to almost any power burst)Who is running the balance team, I know three legged hamsters on wheels that can balance better

Sincerely,

GraciasWhat are your suggestions? Because complaining without bringing alternatives is as useful as having a computer without any internet access.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@"Bee.6239" said:To show you my frustration, this is my first post in 7 years. Yes this is how frustrated I am. Also please fix power and get rid of weakness. Condi is too easy and too simple of counter play to power burst. (X condi class here, +kite + Prot + Weakness + No need to use my dodge rolls effectively = counter to almost any power burst)Who is running the balance team, I know three legged hamsters on wheels that can balance better

Sincerely,

GraciasWhat are your suggestions? Because complaining without bringing alternatives is as useful as having a computer without any internet access.

Might Makes Right 64 to 80Healing Signet 230 to 245Rework stance traitsEvicerate damage buff and give it 3 might stacks.Magebane Tether back to 2 stacks of might per tic.Slight buff to Breaching Strike damageBerserk CD 15 to 10

With the nerf of might duration, stacks, the amount of healing MMR has, longer shield stance CD, combined with damage nerfs and 0 damage cc added on top put warrior into a bit of a kerfuffle.

The problem with prepatch warrior's might stacks was more a symptom of Rune of Strength than 2 might stacks per tic being overpowered. Presently it's 1 might stack for 6 seconds over 8 seconds meaning by the end of the duration you're at 6 stacks of might assuming no other factors. Combined with the 50% nerf to MMR healing pre patch Magebane went from 2128/32 endurance over 8 seconds to 512/16 endurance over 8 seconds.

So I can already guess what a few of you will say "If you want survivability you should have to trait into defense/tactics." And I have two rebuttals.

1. By sheer class design warrior has to take damage to deal damage and deal damage to take damage. This is due to warrior more or less a melee class outside of a few meme builds and it's class mechanics revolving around landing burst skills. It has to have a sustain line to be competitive and it has to deal damage to be competitive. It's why arms and tactics got ignored for so long. Tactics got sustain and now it sees use. Arms is great for buffing preexisting damage the line is terrible by itself especially since you would have to trade off sustain. Spellbreaker is a utility tree and compliments Strength by giving it consistent sustain. Defense/Spellbreaker can't kill Jack all because it's got no damage it's just a subpar bunker at that point. So to reiterate because of the limitations of warrior it cannot give up damage or sustain without making the class useless it has to have both or any other class is better. The trade off for having both sustain and damage is that the class is melee, has animations, a weakness to conditions, and is highly predictable. If you have to ask why I only mention 2 lines changing and not 3 you don't play warrior.

2. Then buff berserker and I would be happy to.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@Bee.6239 said:To show you my frustration, this is my first post in 7 years. Yes this is how frustrated I am. Also please fix power and get rid of weakness. Condi is too easy and too simple of counter play to power burst. (X condi class here, +kite + Prot + Weakness + No need to use my dodge rolls effectively = counter to almost any power burst)Who is running the balance team, I know three legged hamsters on wheels that can balance better

Sincerely,

Due to current meta: I play with C code, and rarely use the internet, gw2 is better without internet access currently.

Cmc admitted in teapots stream he plays mostly warrior and rev and teapot made a comment(joke) warrior buffs incoming and cmc responded that's a weird statement to draw lol. So that basically means war will be left underperforming now cuz any buffs warrior would have got now won't due to fear of being called out for favoritism. No dev should admit to classes they've been playing more of especially in this community lol shoulda just said he played em all.

@Tycura.1982 said:

@"Bee.6239" said:To show you my frustration, this is my first post in 7 years. Yes this is how frustrated I am. Also please fix power and get rid of weakness. Condi is too easy and too simple of counter play to power burst. (X condi class here, +kite + Prot + Weakness + No need to use my dodge rolls effectively = counter to almost any power burst)Who is running the balance team, I know three legged hamsters on wheels that can balance better

Sincerely,

Might Makes Right 64 to 80Healing Signet 230 to 245Rework stance traitsEvicerate damage buff and give it 3 might stacks.Magebane Tether back to 2 stacks of might per tic.Slight buff to Breaching Strike damageBerserk CD 15 to 10

With the nerf of might duration, stacks, the amount of healing MMR has, longer shield stance CD, combined with damage nerfs and 0 damage cc added on top put warrior into a bit of a kerfuffle.

The problem with prepatch warrior's might stacks was more a symptom of Rune of Strength than 2 might stacks per tic being overpowered. Presently it's 1 might stack for 6 seconds over 8 seconds meaning by the end of the duration you're at 6 stacks of might assuming no other factors. Combined with the 50% nerf to MMR healing pre patch Magebane went from 2128/32 endurance over 8 seconds to 512/16 endurance over 8 seconds.

So I can already guess what a few of you will say "If you want survivability you should have to trait into defense/tactics." And I have two rebuttals.
  1. By sheer class design warrior has to take damage to deal damage and deal damage to take damage. This is due to warrior more or less a melee class outside of a few meme builds and it's class mechanics revolving around landing burst skills. It has to have a sustain line to be competitive and it has to deal damage to be competitive. It's why arms and tactics got ignored for so long. Tactics got sustain and now it sees use. Arms is great for buffing preexisting damage the line is terrible by itself especially since you would have to trade off sustain. Spellbreaker is a utility tree and compliments Strength by giving it consistent sustain. Defense/Spellbreaker can't kill Jack all because it's got no damage it's just a subpar bunker at that point. So to reiterate because of the limitations of warrior it cannot give up damage or sustain without making the class useless it has to have both or any other class is better. The trade off for having both sustain and damage is that the class is melee, has animations, a weakness to conditions, and is highly predictable. If you have to ask why I only mention 2 lines changing and not 3 you don't play warrior.

Do remember that Spellbreaker hasn't got a trade off despite not losing access to F1 burst, it's unwise to ask for a return of Warrior 2.0 with Magebane buff requests

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Sincerely,

Do remember that Spellbreaker hasn't got a trade off despite not losing access to F1 burst, it's unwise to ask for a return of Warrior 2.0 with Magebane buff requests

The trade off is level one bursts.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Cmc admitted in teapots stream he plays mostly warrior and rev and teapot made a comment(joke) warrior buffs incoming and cmc responded that's a weird statement to draw lol. So that basically means war will be left underperforming now cuz any buffs warrior would have got now won't due to fear of being called out for favoritism. No dev should admit to classes they've been playing more of especially in this community lol shoulda just said he played em all.

they will never change anything about warrior fundamental, if they would they would've did it 5 years ago.warrior has no problem stats wise.problem is how limited warrior in it's core that let it to it's current place, you see no matter how many nerfs thief receives, they will remain meta, just because thief at it's core is PvP friendly. mirage with one dodge removed still played in AT finals. FB no matter how many nerfs it's still played top.also from what i know cmc is ele main.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Sincerely,

you feel like there's no trade off because spellbreaker uses weapon with bursts skill that do minimum scaling with levels. which is unfair in my opinion.some bursts are so much better used at level 1 then others, if you gonna make elite specialization based on limited level bursts, you should at least try to standardize bursts skills, ofc i stand by bring all level 1 bursts to greatsword level

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Cmc admitted in teapots stream he plays mostly warrior and rev and teapot made a comment(joke) warrior buffs incoming and cmc responded that's a weird statement to draw lol. So that basically means war will be left underperforming now cuz any buffs warrior would have got now won't due to fear of being called out for favoritism. No dev should admit to classes they've been playing more of especially in this community lol shoulda just said he played em all.

Or maybe by "a weird statement to draw", he meant that he is not going to buff warrior profession just because he plays (enjoys) it? Warrior will be great when/if they give back some damage on ccs and tone down currently overperforming stuff on other professions. That's the powercreep reduction balance that Anet is aiming for, right?

@cryorion.9532 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Cmc admitted in teapots stream he plays mostly warrior and rev and teapot made a comment(joke) warrior buffs incoming and cmc responded that's a weird statement to draw lol. So that basically means war will be left underperforming now cuz any buffs warrior would have got now won't due to fear of being called out for favoritism. No dev should admit to classes they've been playing more of especially in this community lol shoulda just said he played em all.

Or maybe by "a weird statement to draw", he meant that he is not going to buff warrior profession just because he plays (enjoys) it? Warrior will be great when/if they give back some damage on ccs and tone down currently overperforming stuff on other professions. That's the powercreep reduction balance that Anet is aiming for, right?

When they give back damage on cc's? There's been two passes since so when are they gonna be doing that, in a yr from now?Look at the defense line traits, still 300 sec meaning basically useless and they kno it and how many months have gone by? This teams turn around for needed changes are a joke and unacceptable.The players spend their money and time on this game and invest quite a bit yet the team finds it acceptable to basically erase traits, deleting whole traitlines and builds instead of fixing them properly and on top leaves them that way for over half a year or longer. Honestly I don't know how their still employed, imagine being a hire up at ncsoft reading the feedback which yes for all games is very negative but if they actually tracked their actual frequency of changes and the result of them, I'm sure they would be proud.