What is this rollback?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@AirborneSpitfire.4578 said:Please? I just don't want to feel like I've had my time wasted by this.

If they fix it you won't have lost anything since just before the rollback happened. You'll have had your service impacted for the duration of time since the rollback until normal service resumes. It's a game, it's a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things. Nobody dies from not being able to play for a bit, even if shit goes sideways and the servers DO get rolled back a bit (which I find very unlikely anyway).

There's a good guess Anet will do something to compensate this, but threads like this asking for compensation etc. already now is just too entitled...

Ever took a look at the https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/ you acknowledged with creating your account?Besides other things there is the following:

1. SERVICE AND AVAILABILITY(b) You acknowledge that Service may be interrupted for reasons within or beyond the control of ArenaNet, that ArenaNet cannot and does not guarantee You will be able to use the Game or any Account whenever You wish to do so, that ArenaNet will interrupt the Service on a regular basis for purposes of maintenance or updates and may do so without providing You with notice before such interruption, and that ArenaNet may provide subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches related to the Game that You must accept and/or install before You will be able to use the Game.

ArenaNet does not owe you the slightest bit of anything. It's just a game. Get over it. The devs are also just humans, just like you. Do they cry in the forums about how unfair the players are?

@"Nokomis.5076" said:Ever took a look at the https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/ you acknowledged with creating your account?Besides other things there is the following:

1. SERVICE AND AVAILABILITY(b) You acknowledge that Service may be interrupted for reasons within or beyond the control of ArenaNet, that ArenaNet cannot and does not guarantee You will be able to use the Game or any Account whenever You wish to do so, that ArenaNet will interrupt the Service on a regular basis for purposes of maintenance or updates and may do so without providing You with notice before such interruption, and that ArenaNet may provide subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches related to the Game that You must accept and/or install before You will be able to use the Game.

ArenaNet does not owe you the slightest bit of anything. It's just a game. Get over it. The devs are also just humans, just like you. Do they cry in the forums about how unfair the players are?

Please read everything again. The general terms and conditions of business must not conflict with the rights guaranteed by positive regulations, international regulations, etc., so this article you have posted only applies to accepting upgrades for further play, and is by no means an excuse to delete the entire game weekend.Also, companies like this live almost exclusively from marketing and do you think today’s event is a real marketing breakthrough for GW2 and Anet?

This wont give u an “thumb” at moderators/developers. As u said we all humans. That means that developers would understand people that made big progress in 2 days are “Crying” (Ur words). Indeed no one can expect any “compensation” but a nice solution is what we seeking for. This is not te be rude but if u talk in a post about “ Do they cry in the forums about how unfair the players are? “ isn’t it you that is selected for that catogory?

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048145813

Account & Character Rollback Issue (5/11/2020)

We've received many reports of account rollbacks, and are aware of the issue. We've alerted the server team at ArenaNet, and they are working on a resolution.

We will provide updates as soon as we receive more information.

In the meantime, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

@"Nokomis.5076" said:Ever took a look at the https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/ you acknowledged with creating your account?Besides other things there is the following:

I honestly don't understand what exactly are you people trying to achieve with posts like this? A pat on the back from the devs? A medal? Recognition from the community? Seriously, I'm confused.

That thing you just quoted is not related to what just happened, it's about updates, maintenance and downtime. People have lost not only progress, they've also lost gold and gems (you know, that thing you buy with real adult money?). This affects all players, you're not getting anything out of this post.

@Liquid Storm.8097 said:

@"Nokomis.5076" said:Ever took a look at the
you acknowledged with creating your account?Besides other things there is the following:

I honestly don't understand what exactly are you people trying to achieve with posts like this? A pat on the back from the devs? A medal? Recognition from the community? Seriously, I'm confused.

White knight forums, is called. People who won't talk against the company even when they make mistakes or don't step back after wrong choices. Same WKFs that said we players didn't have any right to request a character spot with HoT when Revenant was released. And guess what? We got it 'cos was the right thing, after protesting. "This is just a game" is the usual absurd resource for defending what has no defense.

Not compensating the players somehow would just be silly, as virtual assets are completely free for anet to give away as they please.This would show the players that their concerns are being addressed and that they are cared about enough to get compensated for problems with the game.

Huge gains for no actual monetary loss at all, could call it a win-win situation.

Same here. I just finished a Citadel of Flames, got sweet loot, reached level 75 and I was on my first mission as Vigil Commander when I logged of last night. Now i logged in and saw that i just lost almost 20 levels worth of gold, gear and progress!!!!!

WHY!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

@Cambeleg.7632 said:

@"Nokomis.5076" said:Ever took a look at the
you acknowledged with creating your account?Besides other things there is the following:

White knight forums, is called. People who won't talk against the company even when they make mistakes or don't step back after wrong choices. Same WKFs that said we players didn't have any right to request a character spot with HoT when Revenant was released. And guess what? We got it 'cos was the right thing, after protesting. "This is just a game" is the usual absurd resource for defending what has no defense.

I know, I mean you won't get anything unless you ask. And OP would have been given the same compensation as the other players for this inconvenience, which is why his stance really puzzles me. He wouldn't lose anything, in fact he would get the same compensation as everyone else. Why in the world would he oppose that?

@"TheAgedGnome.7520" said:https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048145813?fbclid=IwAR2NX7uTAZDWG00kroShLlzoRaL0YYCdW0ifd-I4fQuwEK87aV5TnuNnWYQ

Account & Character Rollback Issue (5/11/2020)

We've received many reports of account rollbacks, and are aware of the issue. We've alerted the server team at ArenaNet, and they are working on a resolution.

We will provide updates as soon as we receive more information.

In the meantime, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

I hope they will rollforward... it would be the only one FAIR recompense.

It is not anet's fault, it's on your end. Guildwars 2 cannot have such issues. Guild wars 2 doesn't have any bug, the game is perfect. Instead of crying, start to work back on what you've lost, because don't forget, it is never anet's fault. Heil Anet.