A rollback of 2 days just happened

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm really waiting for an answer since I lost really lot of progress in those 3 days. Since it was the end of SAB I played really a lot and lost that much. Please give us an answer what is happening, what are you trying to do and should we start playing gain, wait or should we quit out of rage.

I would think there would be a warning before they rollback 2 days..played a lot during weekend..was almost done with skyscale..dont want to do it all again. Want to see a statement from Arenanet on what they are going to do before I do anything more.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@"Celia.4693" said:Is it even save to be logged in right now? What if they just try to fix everything and you muck it up when you are online? I am so scared to log in again T.TThey'll probably shut down the servers before they apply a fix. My bet, worst that can happen is a loss of everything achieved/obtained since the rollback.

Okay, I will hope so. Even if I only go online to "flame" with the others, I have nothing better to do now, the whole apartment is already clean ^^"

We all lost our progress, money, gems and TIME. There's no challenge about who has lost the most, so pls stop listing your losses.My advise is to log out from the game, avoid making new progresses until Anet clarify what happened and how to solve.Open your Steam library (i.e.) and play something else :)

@KyreneZA.8617 said:You still a server leader for Aurora Glade MQM? Still organising parties in LA?

Server leader is a big word, but YES, I still organize parties and large community events in Lion's Arch (together with Daniel Frozenwind). Have been since the launch of GW1. I think our Halloween event may be one of the longest running (if not THE longest running) community event in any MMO. Come to think of it, that may be worthy of some kind of special celebration.

Everyone relax lol. They'll figure out the gems. It's possible that they can restore to pre-rollback state, but we don't know yet because we don't even know why the rollback happened. I'm guessing it was some sort of automated system, otherwise we'd have gotten an announcement already (presumably ahead of time even). In any case, it's annoying and time's lost, and all that, but at least give them a couple of hours to have a chance to act and figure out the situations themselves before going nuts.

@"Raedwulf.3712" said:For crying out loud, folks,

CALM DOWN!

I am no great fan of Anet & haven't posted here for several years, because I'd only get in trouble if I did! :) Nevertheless...

1) The problem is only an hour or two old. Give them a chance to look at it.2) Yes, by now, someone should be aware of it, and we ought to have an Official post up saying, at the very least, "Yes, there is a problem, we are looking into it, please be patient." But Anet's record on clear communication with its customers has never been that great, so it's no great surprise.3) The dev's aren't up 24/7, no matter what your unreasonable expectations are; helpdesk staff will be. Some dev's should be on call, however, and have probably long since been woken up & will be trying to figure out what the heck just happened.4) If you are EU (the problem seems to be confined to the EU, given comments from NA players above), STOP PLAYING. Whatever fix they apply will return us to the most recent backup before the problem; anything you do from there will be lost.5) Yes, there is a backup. I don't work for Anet and, as I've said, I'm no great fan of the way they conduct themselves. Nevertheless, they aren't amateurs, and I am an IT professional. Their databases will replicate themselves regularly (though I am in no position to guess at how frequently). You will lose some in-game progression, probably. You will not lose out an any real money spent, because those transaction details will be available from outside the EU game servers.

In short, it will probably take a while for them to work out what happened & how to fix it, and probably a bit longer to sort out the ramifications of things like Real Money transactions having gone up in smoke. In the meanwhile,

Be Patient, Keep Calm, Go Do Something Else!

Quoting that.

I am a systems administrator. Depending on the database they are running, incremental intervals and personnel availability, restoring backups take time (since this is a manual task). It shouldn't take longer than 2 to 3 hours, depending on timezone and when they get up. Systems administration tasks are not affected by Covid-19 mostly, because everything can be done remotely.

Right now - it's just waiting for the admins to wake up and getting the right people into conferencing calls. One thing is sure, you will lose progress - but it'll be only hours or minutes, right down to seconds, depending on their incremental backup strategy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incremental_backup

I woke up this morning, happy as can be on the progress I made in crafting and on the story this weekend. Only to find out everything has been rolled back, like many of you I'm pretty upset over losing a weekend of progress. I hope they'll be able to fix this. :x

I lost huge Progress which I made during the weekend. Skins, Purchases for GEMS, and Gems are gone :-(. I am a returning player who has been playing for 3 weeks. I haven't expected such technical issues with this game. Is this normal here around? If so, I ll probably be gone quicker then I had come back.