Condi Thief is Fun and Interactive

Vallun.2071

@LuRkEr.9462 said:Yea, condi thief is a bit OP right now. It puts so many conditions on target in 2 seconds that most classes can't cleanse but the cover conditions. Its a 3 second death for classes with only 4 total cleanses or less. Those are usually on a 20-30s+ cooldown and the thief can reburst you before that.

If you have 4 cleanses, that is enough to deal with the initial burst. That being said, 4 cleanses is also not enough to survive any condi build. Not even the bad ones.

@LuRkEr.9462 said:Yea, condi thief is a bit OP right now. It puts so many conditions on target in 2 seconds that most classes can't cleanse but the cover conditions. Its a 3 second death for classes with only 4 total cleanses or less. Those are usually on a 20-30s+ cooldown and the thief can reburst you before that.

And this is not true as well. As a condi thief I have 3 skills that can clean condi (1, 1 and 3 condition at a time) and in most cases I have no problems with other condi thieves. And condi thief's burst CD based on steal is 26 sec.

The only problem with condi thief is that ppl don't know how to play against thief and they don't even want to learn. They just want to press 2 buttons and demolish it as before. The irony here is that they can still easily demolish it but now they need to think a bit in a process and show some skill. But instead they complain about skilless condi thieves.

Meanwhile PvP is currently overflowing with condi. I had a game yesterday where both teams literally consisted of only condi builds. I really hope Anet will nerf condi in general with next update.

@fumcheg.1936 said:

@Megametzler.5729 said:The other day I perfectly predicted a stealth-steal-burst by counting seconds and dodge. I activated magnetic aura and reflected a couple of shots before he stowed. Stunned him, he Shadowstepped away. I ran at him to smash his face. He Shadow Striked, immobilized me and ran off using Shortbow/Shadowstep/whatever. Zero chance to punish his mistakes, he could just go ahead and try again.

Condi thief surely doesn't feel OP, as I can always switch to support bot tempest whenever I see one and basically hardcounter it.

But it sure feels cheap, easy to play and very hard to punish for many specs due to range, stealth and lots of teleports. That's a combination people don't like, the same was valid for unfun stealth power DEs, core power mesmers and whatnot. No need try to philosophize on condi damage, make offensive builds punishable...

D/P thief is a great example for this. It has burst, it has stealth and mobility. But if it fails his burst and you turn around? It needs to disengage, move away and
cannot apply his damage anymore

So I agree with the point: Change the burst to DPS, reduce disengage abilities somehow (increasing initiative costs (lol) for certain skills, casttimes, whatever), destroy the spec if you have to. I don't want to be forced to play boring support tempest for all the very skillfull condi thieves out there.

Here is some news for you. DP thief can run off even more easily than PD. Actually almost any build in this game can disengage and try again.

I even highlighted the main difference between condi P/D and (power) D/P. What more can I do? Use plain language?

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@Megametzler.5729 said:The other day I perfectly predicted a stealth-steal-burst by counting seconds and dodge. I activated magnetic aura and reflected a couple of shots before he stowed. Stunned him, he Shadowstepped away. I ran at him to smash his face. He Shadow Striked, immobilized me and ran off using Shortbow/Shadowstep/whatever. Zero chance to punish his mistakes, he could just go ahead and try again.

Condi thief surely doesn't feel OP, as I can always switch to support bot tempest whenever I see one and basically hardcounter it.

But it sure feels cheap, easy to play and very hard to punish for many specs due to range, stealth and lots of teleports. That's a combination people don't like, the same was valid for unfun stealth power DEs, core power mesmers and whatnot. No need try to philosophize on condi damage, make offensive builds punishable...

D/P thief is a great example for this. It has burst, it has stealth and mobility. But if it fails his burst and you turn around? It needs to disengage, move away and
cannot apply his damage anymore

So I agree with the point: Change the burst to DPS, reduce disengage abilities somehow (increasing initiative costs (lol) for certain skills, casttimes, whatever), destroy the spec if you have to. I don't want to be forced to play boring support tempest for all the very skillfull condi thieves out there.

Here is some news for you. DP thief can run off even more easily than PD. Actually almost any build in this game can disengage and try again.

I even highlighted the main difference between condi P/D and (power) D/P. What more can I do? Use plain language?

It does not matter which language you use if you keep writing senseless things. There will still be no sense.DP thief cannot do damage after disengaging from a close fight, really? SB is somehow not a part of DP build anymore? How on the earth PD thief is able to do damage after disengage and DP thief is not able? Or your point is that conditions surprisingly got some duration? That's how conditions work yes.

@AldKai.9712 said:

@Vallun.2071 said:Remember when people said thief was unplayable a few weeks ago after the patch, and I had to come in and tell people thief was fine. Now when people are yelling that condi thief is too overpowered and brain dead, here I am to tell you that there are ways to counter play the build. Yes it is a bit strong right now, and I suggest that the duration of some of the condis be lowered, and the animation on shadow strike be increased.

More bad opinions from Vallun.

I guess CMC's opinions are bad as well, because when I asked him about it on the dev livestream he showed almost the same opinion as me.

You can watch the clip yourself and see

Ah yes one of the devs that made PvP into the hellscape that it is agreed with you about how hey guys the current cancer condi meta totally takes skill.

It's totally worth the recourse to authority.

EDIT: I bet you didn't even know that Endure Pain has no effect on condition damage. In fact nothing does. Every single defense in the game affects power, which requires three different stats to be effective. Only one single countermeasure exists for condition damage, and it's an active, costly one, aka cleanse. Power got nerfed while condi has not and any mesmer can do 22k damage from prone position and the average standing damage of most burn-focused classes is 54k over 8 seconds (and they say Power is burst-based...). That's why you're playing condi thief, and that's why, incidentally, you're defending it despite the blatant discrepancy with how unviable any build with power damage is at the moment. But you're hurting more than thief with this.

That's also why I don't let streamers and other professional socialites think for me.

I like all the balance changes CMC has done for the game so far. In fact, I came back to the game (and stayed) only because of the Feb revamp patch. He shaved prot holos and core rangers perfectly last patch, without killing the specs.

I remain encouraged by what I saw in the clip. He correctly identified where exactly the spec needs to be shaved (the initial burst). The rest of the spec is perfectly ok once you learn how to deal with it. I don't have issues with these guys in plat 2 as they are now. I hardly see them in this bracket.

Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you become a balance dev! No, wait. You have no idea what you're talking about, and that would be a teeeeeerrible idea. Please continue to spew nonsense on the PvP forums where all of us can safely ignore you :)

@AldKai.9712 said:

@Vallun.2071 said:Remember when people said thief was unplayable a few weeks ago after the patch, and I had to come in and tell people thief was fine. Now when people are yelling that condi thief is too overpowered and brain dead, here I am to tell you that there are ways to counter play the build. Yes it is a bit strong right now, and I suggest that the duration of some of the condis be lowered, and the animation on shadow strike be increased.

More bad opinions from Vallun.

I guess CMC's opinions are bad as well, because when I asked him about it on the dev livestream he showed almost the same opinion as me.

You can watch the clip yourself and see

Ah yes one of the devs that made PvP into the hellscape that it is agreed with you about how hey guys the current cancer condi meta totally takes skill.

It's totally worth the recourse to authority.

I wonder how many AAA MMO games you have helped design or balance or maintain...ha yes...none

I have never served in any government position either but that doesn't mean I'm unqualified to vote.

I bet you never produced any wine in your life but doesn't that mean you should not be allowed to drink any?

Perfect. Good thing game development has nothing to do with voting or wine making. Lmao. It's not a democratic or collaborative process, and that's a good thing.

Did you even think about your wine analogy? Imagine being some alcoholic telling professional wine makers what to do ?