New Accounts and Mount Availability Solution - [Merged]

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Taril.8619" said:I mean, I guess something like this could work? I mean, you can already pick up a Roller Beetle from next to the adventures/race locations (Which I often used before getting my own Roller Beetle so I could Nyoom across the map)

The question is just how necessary is it to have something like this?

I mean, pre-level 80 it's not so important since you don't have access to Daily Achievements so you don't need to do the 4 Events in a zone and Hearts and random trash enemies offer far more than enough EXP to get you to level 80. With World Bosses often being announced in chat well before they're active so even plebs can walk across the zone to get there in time.

At level 80, a new player is likely going to end up playing the story out of order anyway, unless they sink in more than the cost of the expansions to buy gems to unlock LW2/LW3 which provide the set up for HoT and PoF respectively. Which is one of the issues for new players, is this paywall on the story (Compounded by the non-playability of LW1 which sets up for LW2 and provides all the information on who the random people you're stuck with for the rest of the game even are, meaning that even if a new player does instantly buy all the LW available and play them in order, they'll still be greeted by the feeling of "Who tf is Braham, Rox, Taimi, Marjory and Kasmeer and why should I care?")

I mean, you say I mean a lot.

@Rookie.8405 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:Also, I think that your viewpoint suffers from the assumption that the majority of the players in GW2 would prefer to play the game by going through the story chapters in order from start to present. I'm not convinced that this is the case.

Never spoken of any "majority of the players" ? :)

I never said anything about majority of the players, I just said its a bit unfair to story following players. You've started to mention some "majority"

Reading is important. I said "that your viewpoint suffers from assumption that the majority of players....." I never spoke for the majority. If you can't keep your argument straight, then there is no need to continue. You now seem only to vilify my opinion rather than have any substantial debate about it.

Good luck with your request. I hope that you enjoy your mounts in GW2 whenever you get them.

Imagine being a new player that cared about the story. However you need to get a mount to keep up with metas and groups. This requires doing PoF's beginning which has major spoilers. I would certainly hate it.

There ought to be a default mount for getting around available to everyone right away.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Also, I think that your viewpoint suffers from the assumption that the majority of the players in GW2 would prefer to play the game by going through the story chapters in order from start to present. I'm not convinced that this is the case.

Never spoken of any "majority of the players" ? :)

I never said anything about majority of the players, I just said its a bit unfair to story following players. You've started to mention some "majority"

Reading is important. I said "that your viewpoint suffers from assumption that the majority of players....." I never spoke for the majority. If you can't keep your argument straight, then there is no need to continue. You now seem only to vilify my opinion rather than have any substantial debate about it.

Good luck with your request. I hope that you enjoy your mounts in GW2 whenever you get them.

Thanks, wish you next time read OP post more accurately, so you will see that he and I were talking about mounts for POF owners, not F2P, and wont have discussion with god knows who about how its bad to give mounts to F2P people, or quote "majority of players" when you were the first one to use it.

Though you've really got a lot of messages to your message counter, I guess its important for some people, as well as walking without mount for half of the content

@"Rookie.8405" said:or quote "majority of players" when you were the first one to use it.Please. Give this a rest. That is not what I said and anyone who read what I posted can see that. Seriously.

As for the rest, thanks for the snark. Good to know it's alive and well in the forums.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Rookie.8405" said:or quote "majority of players" when you were the first one to use it.Please. Give this a rest. That is not what I said and anyone who read what I posted can see that. Seriously.

As for the rest, thanks for the snark. Good to know it's alive and well in the forums.

Okay, here you go again. Well, I guess its important to make another comment for the god of the comment counters

@kharmin.7683 said:Also, I think that your viewpoint suffers from the assumption that the majority of the players in GW2 would prefer to play the game by going through the story chapters in order from start to present. I'm not convinced that this is the case.

First a direct lie - I never was assuming anything about majority of players, I was talking about my opinion as a new player.Second - "your viewpoint suffers from the assumption that the majority of the players in GW2 would prefer to play the game by going through the story chapters in order from start to present. I'm not convinced that this is the case."This sentence reads exactly as if minority of the players in GW2 would prefer to play the game by going through the story chapters in order from start to present then there is no need for off-story mount unlocks, since you wont be convinced till its a majority

So please next time read what you send, because even if you mean something else, people cant get into your head to get your initial meaning

@Game of Bones.8975 said:I'd like to hear from an actual new player who knows little about GW2.

It may take longer to level up due to mobs and meta events being offed before you arrive, but, hey, that happens to me as well and I have all the mounts.

It wouldn't bother me at all if a temporary mount or two were available once a player would reach a certain level.

I was new 3 mos ago and now have all mounts except PVP one, (not got around to it yet) and I remember always all these high lvl people on all their fast things beating me to everything.

I am also far more tenacious than many, and if I want something, I make it happen. I'm still recovering from Skyscale. That was an unholy nightmare. But that's another convo.

Anyway:I had a hard time even completing some quests; or at least getting credit for them. I know they lower your health to match etc - but being in all ascended gear now, and having all mounts, I can SO feel an extreme difference.

In Archeage (where I know we are not!) how they dealt with pre mount status, are speed boosters every so often along the paths. Sort of like in The Grove or other 'Home Base' places.There should be a 20 silver basic raptor with no advanced skills and that you cannot level until you do the ach; just for people to be able to even make it to things in time.

Dailies - the 'Events' one, were highly improbable for me due to travel times/not having all waypoints unlocked etc.

CAVEAT: NOT for FREE TO PLAY. I think it should be there for paid players only; same as all other mounts.

@Rookie.8405 said:

@Rookie.8405 said:or quote "majority of players" when you were the first one to use it.Please. Give this a rest. That is not what I said and anyone who read what I posted can see that. Seriously.

Okay, here you go again. Well, I guess its important to make another comment for the god of the comment countersOh, good. More personal insults. Heck of a way to support your side of an argument.

@kharmin.7683 said:Also, I think that your viewpoint suffers from the assumption that the majority of the players in GW2 would prefer to play the game by going through the story chapters in order from start to present. I'm not convinced that this is the case.First a direct lie - I never was assuming anything about majority of players, I was talking about my opinion as a new player.You simply cannot comprehend or refuse to. Opinions that differ from yours are NOT LIES. My opinion was that your viewpoint was making the assumption. If your opinion is not, then refute the opinion. That's how dialogue works. Attacking me as a liar does not help your argument, especially where no lie exists.Second - "your viewpoint suffers from the assumption that the majority of the players in GW2 would prefer to play the game by going through the story chapters in order from start to present. I'm not convinced that this is the case."This sentence reads exactly as if minority of the players in GW2 would prefer to play the game by going through the story chapters in order from start to present then there is no need for off-story mount unlocks, since you wont be convinced till its a majorityThat is your interpretation. I have no data to support either side of that argument. Again, it was an opinion. Convince me otherwise. Use facts.

So please next time read what you send, because even if you mean something else, people cant get into your head to get your initial meaningPlease, next time, do not be so condescending. If there is question about my opinion, or my points/posts, then ask for clarification. Personally attacking me because I don't agree with you does not help.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Rookie.8405 said:or quote "majority of players" when you were the first one to use it.Please. Give this a rest. That is not what I said and anyone who read what I posted can see that. Seriously.

Okay, here you go again. Well, I guess its important to make another comment for the god of the comment countersOh, good. More personal insults. Heck of a way to support your side of an argument.

@kharmin.7683 said:Also, I think that your viewpoint suffers from the assumption that the majority of the players in GW2 would prefer to play the game by going through the story chapters in order from start to present. I'm not convinced that this is the case.First a direct lie - I never was assuming anything about majority of players, I was talking about my opinion as a new player.You simply cannot comprehend or refuse to. Opinions that differ from yours are NOT LIES. My opinion was that your viewpoint was making the assumption. If your opinion is not, then refute the opinion. That's how dialogue works. Attacking me as a liar does not help your argument, especially where no lie exists.Second - "your viewpoint suffers from the assumption that the majority of the players in GW2 would prefer to play the game by going through the story chapters in order from start to present. I'm not convinced that this is the case."This sentence reads exactly as if minority of the players in GW2 would prefer to play the game by going through the story chapters in order from start to present then there is no need for off-story mount unlocks, since you wont be convinced till its a majorityThat is your interpretation. I have no data to support either side of that argument. Again, it was an opinion. Convince me otherwise. Use facts.

So please next time read what you send, because even if you mean something else, people cant get into your head to get your initial meaningPlease, next time, do not be so condescending. If there is question about my opinion, or my points/posts, then ask for clarification. Personally attacking me because I don't agree with you does not help.

So distorting other people's words and putting words into other people's mouths is called "having opinion" and "having discussion".

Well, sorry, then I have to forfeit from such "discussion". You can add one to number of the internet disscuissions you've won and to the number of the trolled topics.

@"Rookie.8405" said:So distorting other people's words and putting words into other people's mouths is called "having opinion" and "having discussion".I have not distorted anything that you said or put any words in your mouth.Well, sorry, then I have to forfeit from such "discussion". You can add one to number of the internet disscuissions you've won and to the number of the trolled topics.Again, good luck with your mount request.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Rookie.8405" said:So distorting other people's words and putting words into other people's mouths is called "having opinion" and "having discussion".I have not distorted anything that you said or put any words in your mouth.Well, sorry, then I have to forfeit from such "discussion". You can add one to number of the internet disscuissions you've won and to the number of the trolled topics.Again, good luck with your mount request.

Thanks! Good luck to you in your endeavours as well!

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Rookie.8405 said:I never said they are required, just as more I play, the more tedious running around becomes. Just pointing that its gets more and more unfun, especially if you dont have a lot of time to play and much of that time you must spend running around. And I wouldnt really care, if all players would have to get to story in the line, but when game makes you choose between QOL and spoiling the story - thats not really a good thing

Certainly your opinion as this is mine. The game is not making anyone choose between spoiling the story or QoL. That's a player's decision. As is your thought about the game forcing players to play the story in line. Why should your preference affect the way that other players wish to enjoy the game? I'm not trying to sound snarky, here, so I apologize if it comes over like that.

You say his opinion shouldn't affect other players and yet your opinion seems to disagree with the (optional to go get) out of quest PoF mount idea. It would have 0 effect on your gameplay. I've no issue with requiring PoF, just move that potion out of the story quest.

@Warlock.7136 said:anet will never do rental mounts simple reason. you buy HOT to get gliders and you buy POF to get mounts. a rental mount would cost them sales. you want a mount only way is POF.

I am NOT saying they should not have to buy PoF.

But for brand new players [who HAVE purchased HoT/PoF for a measley $20] just getting into the game for the first time, with no sense of lore or story, it is asking a lot to jump or get to 80, jump ahead to PoF, do a story line that makes no sense, all to get a mount so that you can stay the same speed with most of the vanilla maps.

If they have purchased PoF, I think a basic/unimproved raptor [or perhaps warclaw as someone else recommended] or some sort of mount rental at level 20 would be a nice way to incentivize playing, and looking forward to all of the other mounts available in PoF.

@Opopanax.1803 said:

@Warlock.7136 said:anet will never do rental mounts simple reason. you buy HOT to get gliders and you buy POF to get mounts. a rental mount would cost them sales. you want a mount only way is POF.

I am NOT saying they shouldnt have to buy PoF.

But for brand new players [who have purchased HoT/PoF for a measley $20] just getting into the game for the first time, with no sense of lore or story, it is asking a lot to get to 80, jump ahead to PoF, do a story line that makes no sense, all to get a mount so that you can stay the same speed with most of the vanilla maps.

If they have purchased PoF, I think a basic raptor[or perhaps warclaw as someone else recommended] or some sort of mount rental at level 20 would be a nice way to insentivize playing, and looking forward to all of the other mounts available in PoF.

Exactly this. Even if it was some different, ugly mount so as to not cheapen other acquired mounts. I really don't wanna play story out of order but it is slow running around

Doing the first mission of PoF gives you a Raptor. It's not a big problem IMO. But a basic Raptor rental (without masteries ofc) wouldn't disrupt the game either. For more advanced mounts I would say no because players need to work for them, this makes you hyped to unlock new masteries and mounts and gives you a goal to reach. I'm ok with a basic raptor rental or something like it for new players.

If players are concerned about playing a story chapter out of order, there's always the Warclaw. (No story required.)Or, conversely, they can: Characters below level 80 can unlock this mount, and gain access to the Crystal Desert, by joining the story mission instance of a level 80 character. They can ignore the story dialogue and just do the Renown Heart, which is quite easy for any level character.

How many other mmorpgs you need to get in maximum level of the game to get mount (or clider)?

This isn't about how it's allways been as better option. Because it was GW2:s mistake in first place than mount where not in the game from start. Only reason mouth are in level 80, is because they where added so late in the game. So arguing because we have done this "hard" way and it should be done this way because design and so on, are pretty pointless, because it was mistake from start. There is way too many benefit having mouth in early from those who have buyed the PoF than it's even pointless to argue about it.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:If players are concerned about playing a story chapter out of order, there's always the Warclaw. (No story required.)Or, conversely, the can: Characters below level 80 can unlock this mount, and gain access to the Crystal Desert, by joining the story mission instance of a level 80 character. They can ignore the story dialogue and just do the Renown Heart, which is quite easy for any level character.

Yeah, also I believe that someone can just bypass the story to buy the other basic mounts (Springer, Skimmer and Jackal) after completing their renown hearts out in the world. Should be free of any story spoilers.

The Jackal is more expensive than the others but is a great general purpose mount.

Dragon Bash event in core lands.

Mount is affecting the rewards, because if you run by foot even with 33% movement increase there is so many players, that you have hard time to even be in time that you can hit anyting. If you don't get in time you reward is less. If you get in time you get better reward, but that requires more than few hits. I notice that when I got in time I got message as event successfull ... but when not, then notting. One time, even no reward at all, because did not get any spot in time. Mounted players move so fast and kills the group of enemies so fast that it's affecting rewards situation, those who doesn't have mount.

Failure to hit anyting = no rewardNo event successfull = 3 rewards1-3 event successfull = 6 rewards4 event successfull = 9 rewards

I did not get ever higher than that. I did get ones 5 rewards and something.. So it maybe little more random. Sometimes I got 3 rewards even if there was event succesfull.

My point is that mount does affect in core land situations. I'm not complaining, because I choose to be without mount at the moment. But if I would be real new player, they would be suffering by the situation.

@"GummyBearSummoner.7941" said:Back in my day (2012) we survived just fine without mounts. I don’t see why they need it? Maybe it’s more for you since you have a alt account. Mounts are a luxury not necessity .

In old days, nobody had month. That's the hole point. Lack of mount did but all players in same situation. Everyone had to "run" by foot.

Now days, some has mount and some don't. That puts players in different situation. Because some players are alot faster than others. That's what's causing the "issues". Many event's are time sensitive, meaning you have only certain amount of time before it's done by the faster players. If everyone would be about equal fast in movement, there would not be issues.