Expansion 3 Zone Prediction

Many people also like HoT zones because of the metas. I'm not one of them, but I know there are a lot who prefer it to PoF for that reason, so I doubt the HoT zones will die out.

The LW zones have the disadvantage of being separate purchases if you weren't playing at the time, so I think those are most likely to be dead - particularly the earlier seasons.

I'm going to pick Draconis Mons as the worst affected, because it's got a significant number of events you can't really do solo, and it's also got one of the least useful map currencies. Owing to the layout I find it one of the least enjoyable LS maps to play as well, but that's a subjective thing.

@zaekeon.5128 said:

@"lokh.2695" said:Thinly veiled "GaEm DeD!!!!" thread?

Not at all. I'm just curious which zones people think will be the least popular once there are even more to choose from.

Hard to say. There are zones right now that are actual wastelands. Though I never visited Kourna when it's daily, but I doubt many people will show up. In general, the daily system helps a lot to keep maps populated beyond their expiry date. Sure, population will never be as high as upon release, but the dailies, meta events, rewards and long term goals like the open world legendary trinkets can keep a map relevant for a long time. Especially when you factor in how many casual player there are that only play for a few weeks after a new patch is released or who only play 5 hours per week.

I'd say PoF maps will be less populated than HoT maps, as the HoT maps have solid metas going on that are still relatively good frequented to this day, wheras PoF maps struggle to get enough people to do bounties when it's daily. As for the living world maps, I doubt there will be much traffic in any of the maps. The living world maps seem to become more and more "one and done" things that are interesting for a few months then lose relevance fast for the majority of the playerbase.

@lokh.2695 said:

@lokh.2695 said:Thinly veiled "GaEm DeD!!!!" thread?

Not at all. I'm just curious which zones people think will be the least popular once there are even more to choose from.

Hard to say. There are zones right now that are actual wastelands. Though I never visited Kourna when it's daily, but I doubt many people will show up. In general, the daily system helps a lot to keep maps populated beyond their expiry date. Sure, population will never be as high as upon release, but the dailies, meta events, rewards and long term goals like the open world legendary trinkets can keep a map relevant for a long time. Especially when you factor in how many casual player there are that only play for a few weeks after a new patch is released or who only play 5 hours per week.

I'd say PoF maps will be less populated than HoT maps, as the HoT maps have solid metas going on that are still relatively good frequented to this day, wheras PoF maps struggle to get enough people to do bounties when it's daily. As for the living world maps, I doubt there will be much traffic in any of the maps. The living world maps seem to become more and more "one and done" things that are interesting for a few months then lose relevance fast for the majority of the playerbase.

I agree with your thoughts. I really hope the new expansion has better metas for the maps. I’ve come to appreciate HoT much more for its difficulty and fun events.

@zaekeon.5128 said:

@lokh.2695 said:Thinly veiled "GaEm DeD!!!!" thread?

I agree with your thoughts. I really hope the new expansion has better metas for the maps. I’ve come to appreciate HoT much more for its difficulty and fun events.

Only thing that's "difficult" is the fact that half the map is watching netflix with their auto attack on, while the rest have to do double the work.