@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Hornet.6357 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:But not numbers and those numbers are not directly associated to my account. Only if player puts effort and tries to count which of my hits does damage he can guess with no certain what I actually did.

Let's suppose for a change that this policy change you are speaking of passes and dps meters do indeed require consent from the players to show their dps.How do you propose the dps meter that runs on your own personal computer, with no access to the outside world, knows which player gave their consent and which do not. I'm curious here.

This is on deltaconnected to find solution for this, not on me. BGDM managed to work like this.

Btw. According to Brazil (of Youtube infamy), the original program that was started as "BGDM" was actually supposed to be a botnet by its' creator. How does this jive with your more secure DPS meter argument?

Because BGDM wasn't compliant to the rules. However the part which I'm bringing on, where you had to make a choice that you want to share your numbers was compliant, and the tool itself was allowed by Anet until the developer introduced "bad" functions to it.

Strange how you're willing to accept ANet's authority when it suits your case and you are unwilling to when it doesn't.

where you had to make a choice that you want to share your numbers

this is not something ArcDPS allows me to do

And ANet said it's fine. For both. You're accepting one, but not the other, that's dual standards. If you're going to use "ANet was okay" as an argument, you must accept it in either case, not just the one that favors your position.

The policy was introduced after I started playing the game. The game evolves, ArenaNet has every right to enforce whatever they see right but I have every right to challenge their decision, ask questions and propose another solution. My thread has every point of good feedback they expect from players, I respect forum rules and do my best to provide healthy discussion. Can't say the same about you. Thank you for your input.

"X
needs
to be revised" isn't a challenge, it's a demand. And it's not a base for a healthy discussion. Which this particular discussion isn't and has never been. You're creating conflict where there doesn't need to be one.

The last time I checked my thread consist of more content than just a title, but I believe it's to be expected title is the only thing you actually read before posting.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not having read all 12 pages(I stopped around page 7) here's why it is not on ArenaNet to implement whether you have the choice of sharing your Combat information or not. Though it's true the Combat information belongs to ArenaNet and not you, what is conversely not true is that ArcDPS is related in any to ArenaNet other than having been approved for use with their game, GW2. The ONLY entity that can provide the choice on whether or not you want to share your Combat statistics with the meter is ArcDPS, not ArenaNet as they've already said it's not PERSONAL information, which means they don't have control over it either(in essence that's what they mean, even though it belongs to them). Everyone's Combat Statistics are PUBLIC in the sense that they don't give our your name, user name, password, address, cc info, etc., etc., etc., and it's accessible by anyone that wants to create a tool to use it once it has been APPROVED by ArenaNet for distribution. What the player has control over is the group they join by using the LFG tool to either join an existing group or creating their own group...that is your choice. Once again, I'll state it is not ArenaNet's place to create whether or not you choose to share your Combat Stats, that is up to the creator of ArcDPS and only the creator of ArcDPS.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Hornet.6357 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:But not numbers and those numbers are not directly associated to my account. Only if player puts effort and tries to count which of my hits does damage he can guess with no certain what I actually did.

Let's suppose for a change that this policy change you are speaking of passes and dps meters do indeed require consent from the players to show their dps.How do you propose the dps meter that runs on your own personal computer, with no access to the outside world, knows which player gave their consent and which do not. I'm curious here.

This is on deltaconnected to find solution for this, not on me. BGDM managed to work like this.

Btw. According to Brazil (of Youtube infamy), the original program that was started as "BGDM" was actually supposed to be a botnet by its' creator. How does this jive with your more secure DPS meter argument?

Because BGDM wasn't compliant to the rules. However the part which I'm bringing on, where you had to make a choice that you want to share your numbers was compliant, and the tool itself was allowed by Anet until the developer introduced "bad" functions to it.

Strange how you're willing to accept ANet's authority when it suits your case and you are unwilling to when it doesn't.

And ANet said it's fine. For both. You're accepting one, but not the other, that's dual standards. If you're going to use "ANet was okay" as an argument, you must accept it in either case, not just the one that favors your position.

The policy was introduced after I started playing the game. The game evolves, ArenaNet has every right to enforce whatever they see right but I have every right to challenge their decision, ask questions and propose another solution. My thread has every point of good feedback they expect from players, I respect forum rules and do my best to provide healthy discussion. Can't say the same about you. Thank you for your input.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there were no policy introduced regarding DPSmeter. They just decided to look at them and tell whether or not they were conforming to the ToS.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Hornet.6357 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

"X
needs
to be revised" isn't a challenge, it's a demand. And it's not a base for a healthy discussion. Which this particular discussion isn't and has never been. You're creating conflict where there doesn't need to be one.

The last time I checked my thread consist of more content than just a title, but I believe it's to be expected title is the only thing you actually read before posting.

The amount of content changes nothing. It's still a demand, and it still creates conflict. Meaning it's still not, and never been, healthy.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Hornet.6357 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

"X
needs

The amount of content changes nothing. It's still a demand, and it still creates conflict. Meaning it's still not, and never been, healthy.

I'll take your opinion into consideration, thank you for your input.

@Haishao.6851 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Hornet.6357 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but there were no policy introduced regarding DPSmeter. They just decided to look at them and tell whether or not they were conforming to the ToS.

The new policy was introduced on reddit and ArenaNet expects all players in the game to know it and accept it by default.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Hornet.6357 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

The new policy was introduced on reddit and ArenaNet expects all players in the game to know it and accept it by default.

Do you have a link please?I find hard to believe they would change company policies but only post it on reddit.Would also be great if you could link the previous DPS meter policy from before they changed it, so we can see the actual change. I couldn't find anything.

@Haishao.6851 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Hornet.6357 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Do you have a link please?I find hard to believe they would change company policies but only post it on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5sw8ey/arenanets_official_stance_on_3rd_party_dps_meters/

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Hornet.6357 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Do you have a link please?I find hard to believe they would change company policies but only post it on reddit.

3rd party software being discussed on a 3rd party forum, how appropriate. Last time I checked this is the official forums.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Hornet.6357 said:

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

All they did is make their stance clear on DPS meter because there was none before.No policy changed

Last time I checked devs communicates on reddit as well. There's no point denying that this was okayed by anet.

And it's kinda sad that everyone focus on stuff that only impacts them in modes where they actually HAVE to perform better than average (fractals/raids) while totally forgetting to mention that thanks to arcdps, we now have a build template system.

@Feanor.2358 said:The amount of content changes nothing. It's still a demand, and it still creates conflict. Meaning it's still not, and never been, healthy.

So is nerfing story and some meta to please casuals. Create conflicts. Any decision they make basically will please some people and annoy others.When it comes to DPS meter, this is made for a certain category of players (who like hardcore content) who wanted it, and are used to have it. Mostly everyone played raids seriously understand why dps meters are beneficial... and how it doesn't make toxic people more toxic.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:Choose whether or not my account is being monitored of this tool.

The whole premise that the tool is monitoring your account is false. The tool simply make a copy of the data stream that the server provides to the client in order to reconstruct what events has happened to the boss. It might feel like monitoring because it allow people to infer, but no one is taking data from your client. There is no client to client communication!

In order to play the game you have to tell the server the action you as a player do inside the game. If a person stand at the exist of a jumping puzzle, they can see who finish it. If they write down the names on a piece of paper or video record it, they will have a record of it. EU law do not forbid this. EU law is not going to go and shut down online game streamers because "they are breaking the privacy of other players by monitoring the actions of other players". This is not how privacy laws work, nor the intention behind the law writers. EU is mostly civil law and intention carries similar weight as precedence work in case law.

To implement such laws, online streamers would not be allowed to stream without people opting in to be on the stream. No PvP! No WvW! No PvE outside instances, and even then no pugging! There is no setting inside the game that grant consent to streamers to use my in game actions in their videos.

@maddoctor.2738 said:The mere fact that this thread is still going on, on the "legal" side of things shows how little some people know, but claim they do.If it is illegal to use those dps meters go sue Anet for it, I'll be waiting here to hear your results.

They also should sue all esports organizations and all major game developers like activision blizzard, valve, riot and can even try suing amazon. They all publicly broadcast "personal information" for millions of people and been doing it for years with the twitch's help.

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:You antimeters sure love to report my posts instead of rebuke me.

I am an ultra casual(8 hrs a week max) Full stop.I play dungeons in TIER1 culture armor(lv39). Full Stop.I run in pug TIER4 fractals with 90ar. FULL STOP.I run in RAIDS with EXOTIC mismatched stats. FULL STOP.

I HAVE NEVER
HAD
TO BE KICKED FROM A GROUP WITH DPS METER.

Literally everything 100% in this thread is EXCUSES.

Anyone who says otherwise is not telling the whole truth about WHY they were kicked.

I dont use or aproove of dps meter. But I am totally with the pro-dps crowd on this one. Your logic is just pure fallacy.

The creator of ARCDPS is willing to retaliate.

If I am wrong, can you please provide exactly where Anet says we are subjected to player requirements or restricted to Meta builds?Where in their advertisement or marketing did they promote this? GW2, HOT, & POF?

Show us where Anet says players have to group up and accept everyone, and not play with who they want and setup groups how they want.

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:You antimeters sure love to report my posts instead of rebuke me.

I am an ultra casual(8 hrs a week max) Full stop.I play dungeons in TIER1 culture armor(lv39). Full Stop.I run in pug TIER4 fractals with 90ar. FULL STOP.I run in RAIDS with EXOTIC mismatched stats. FULL STOP.

I HAVE NEVER
HAD

Anyone who says otherwise is not telling the whole truth about WHY they were kicked.

I dont use or aproove of dps meter. But I am totally with the pro-dps crowd on this one. Your logic is just pure fallacy.

If I am wrong, can you please provide exactly where Anet says we are subjected to player requirements or restricted to Meta builds?Where in their advertisement or marketing did they promote this? GW2, HOT, & POF?

And can you please provide exactly where in ANet's advertising did they say that you are welcome to join my group whenever you want?

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

I HAVE NEVER
HAD

Show us where Anet says players have to group up and accept everyone, and not play with who they want and setup groups how they want.

We are playing the game as intended choosing to participant in any content with whom we want when we want out of the box, this is pretty obvious.What didn't come with the box is requirments or restricted builds for players to be retaliated against.

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

I HAVE NEVER
HAD

I dont know what arc dps is. Dude im about to log on now for my weekly few hours of play. Think I got time for learning about an app I will never use, or keep up with the creators drama?!

You are WRONG because if you do not choose to be subjected to dps meter, and it is YOUR CHOICE to do so... you will just be restricted by your AP. Or LI.

So tell me. Tell me FLAT OUT. Which of he followig player-regulated screenings do YOU preffer?

Achievement PointsLegendary InsightsGear check

Pick ONE and do not reply to me unless you make a choice. Because those are your alternatives you are subjecting yourself to if dos meters go.

So I don't really follow DPS meters much, but from what I understand...

By entering a group you consent to the rest of the party seeing your combat outputs. If you don't consent to the rest of the party seeing your combat outputs, don't join a party. Is this right?

And if you're in a party, you want to be contributing, right? You want to actually be a valued member of the group? So what's the issue with people taking objective measurements of your performance by combat logging, and using a tool to make the analyzing of that combat log more efficient?

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

I HAVE NEVER
HAD

We are playing the game as intended choosing to participant in any content with whom we want when we want out of the box, this is pretty obvious.What didn't come with the box is requirments or restricted builds for players to be retaliated against.

That doesn’t answer my question show me where Anet has stated that I have to group with everyone and anyone without me having control over Groups I create, show us where Anet has stated that I am forced to allow anyone and everyone into my groups. I’ll wait.

The ability of me to post Specific LFG/LFM descriptions and the Vote to Kick Option shows that Anet allows me the choice of who I allow in my groups and who I Group with.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

I HAVE NEVER
HAD

I dont know what arc dps is. Dude im about to log on now for my weekly few hours of play. Think I got time for learning about an app I will never use, or keep up with the creators drama?!

You are WRONG because if you do not choose to be subjected to dps meter, and it is YOUR CHOICE to do so... you will just be restricted by your AP. Or LI.

So tell me. Tell me FLAT OUT. Which of he followig player-regulated screenings do YOU preffer?

Pick ONE and do not reply to me unless you make a choice. Because those are your alternatives you are subjecting yourself to if dos meters go.

You lost me at Dude!

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

@"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:You antimeters sure love to report my posts instead of rebuke me.

I HAVE NEVER
HAD

You are a liar. Full stop.Dpspeople are not restricting you. They are only rejecting you from THEIR group. You may form your own, as per box requirements.

You are lying in an argument about SEMANTICS.

Where in the box does it say I have to care about your feelings? "Show us"

Where in the box does it say "do not kick Rhaona from your party!"? Show us.

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

I HAVE NEVER
HAD

We don't care how you think the game should be played, or how you think it is intended to be played. Show us where ANet says it.

@Sarrs.4831 said:So I don't really follow DPS meters much, but from what I understand...

By entering a group you consent to the rest of the party seeing your combat outputs. If you don't consent to the rest of the party seeing your combat outputs, don't join a party. Is this right?

And if you're in a party, you want to be contributing, right? You want to actually be a valued member of the group? So what's the issue with people taking objective measurements of your performance by combat logging, and using a tool to make the analyzing of that combat log more efficient?

Im going to just give you my personal opinion to be honest.

People who are socially disrupting parties and squads are the vocal majority in the anti-dps. The minority of anti-dps is people who legitimately lack skill, dps, or both.

The vocal majority of pro-dps are those who want to have a tool as a solid metric/gague for dps, group dynamic(boons. Healing), and skill. The vocal minority are stereotype elitists.

I am neither. I have no horse in the race. But from arguments alone I side with pro-dps people but NOT the dps meter itself.

The pro crowd is just more logicaly correct, albeit impatient and demmanding.

The anti crowd is more personal hurt feeligs and entitlement.

@deltaconnected.4058 said:

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

I HAVE NEVER
HAD

We don't care how you think the game should be played, or how you think it is intended to be played. Show us where ANet says it.

It's not how I think, it's how it was sold. There is a huge difference.

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

I HAVE NEVER
HAD

You lost me at Dude!

Now everyone can see how you completely ignore a direct question presented to you and reduce my points to a nonissue becauae I used the word "dude"

This right here is the REAL REASON you get kicked from groups. Stop blaming dps meters because you are acting like a child and no one tolerates you.

Archived