Could we get a forum ranking guide?

Someone posted a screenshot of all the badges. You might search the 'Badges' threads.Recruit - have an accountMember - 72 hours from first interaction on the forums (a post) and 5 postsVeteran - 30 days since first interaction and ...unknown if anything is required (probably a certain number of posts above 5 [10 maybe?] and an account in good standing, I'd guess)

Signatures seems to be unlocked at Veteran status, at least according to the Sticky, 'Forum Help - How do I....'.Edit: It seems we are back to having no real idea how signatures are unlocked.

There's a badge for choosing an Avatar (Photogenic), a badge for a first post (First Comment), badges in increments for Thumbs Up and Helpful at 5, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, 5000, etc.There's an Insightful badge, but only Adminstrators seem to be able to acquire that badge.

• List of Badges (these are the ones that are "activated" and available for us to view; Vanilla Forums has more that aren't enabled for this forum). Requirements are, I hope obvious.
  • List of Emotes

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" has already posted all the "ranks" and how to achieve them. In addition,

• Veteran status unlocks signatures
  • Member status unlocks initiating a private message (you can receive & reply from day one).

ANet has said that they plan to Surprise & Delight us with hiding some of these features/unlocks until we discover it on our own — there might be more to come. A great many people have indeed expressed considerable surprise. (I haven't seen anyone express delight, but perhaps that's just confirmation bias on my part.)

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" has already posted all the "ranks" and how to achieve them. In addition,

< Not a veteran, using signatures. not sure what unlocks it or if it was indeed altered, but Veteran rank has nothing to do with it.

It seems like they have made it so that you do not need Veteran status to use signatures. Since I am also at member status and can edit my signature in my preferences.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:There's an Insightful badge, but only Adminstrators seem to be able to acquire that badge.

Alternatively it might be a bug. I forget when exactly it was but one day I logged in and had notifications that I'd gotten badges for 5 and 50 Insightfuls - which exactly matched the badges I already had for Helpfuls. They were removed shortly afterwards, but maybe they didn't bother with Gaile's account?

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

< Not a veteran, using signatures. not sure what unlocks it or if it was indeed altered, but Veteran rank has nothing to do with it.

Then, the Sticky needs amending. There was a post by Gaile that stated unlocking signatures had nothing to to with Veteran status (see the Forum Signature thread), but it was removed, so we are back to being totally confused by what unlocks it, if anything.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:There's an Insightful badge, but only Adminstrators seem to be able to acquire that badge.

Alternatively it might be a bug. I forget when exactly it was but one day I logged in and had notifications that I'd gotten badges for 5 and 50 Insightfuls - which exactly matched the badges I already had for Helpfuls. They were removed shortly afterwards, but maybe they didn't bother with Gaile's account?

There's a lot of bugs in this forum. My answer to someone's question-thread was, for some odd reason, accepted by an Administrator. My 'discussion' count is at 153; I've yet to create even 1. Linked quotes often lead to nowhere, among many others. It's a bit of a mess.

@STIHL.2489 said: I'd be damned if I wanted to turn posting on the forums into yet another meta game.. just post what you want to say and be done with it.

But..... people are asking for new metas and here we have one on the forums.

♪ Open up your mind and let me step inside. ♪Rest your weary head and let your heart decideIt's so easy when you know the rulesIt's so easy all you have to doIs post ♪

♪ Play the gameEverybody play the game of postingOoh yeah ♪

♪ When you're feeling down and your resistance is lowLight another cigarette and let yourself go ♪This is your lifeDon't play hard to getIt's a free worldAll you have to do is postPlay the game - yeah♪ Everybody play the game of posting ♪

Archived