you have to love everything about it...

customization is very important and looking good is important to significant number of players including myself, the issue with outfit/costumes on gem store is there is very little customization option available for them, well only one you can remove helmet/hat and that is about it, you can not do anything about those big ugly shoulders, or mix and match individual parts like you can with armor, in order to buy outfit you have to like everything about it, if you do not like shoulders or that lower body cape or whatever it is then it is no, for example i want to buy jora outfit for my female Norn but issue is that cape around her leg is ruining the entire outfit in my opinion and it is stoping me from buying the outfit, same goes for several outfits in this game, ugly shoulders or cape thingy and it is cause people not to buy outfit, this is very bad for business specially considering most of money this game makes is coming from gem store, so please anet give us more customization option, you will see significant boost in outfit selling because people can mix and match them(just like armor) and you will see really awesome looking toons in the game rather than ton of people with same outfit. i hope anet consider it.

This has been talked about to death, resurrection, death again, re-animation, death a third time, Awakened, and then Awakened death.

Outfits arent going to be mixed and matched. It was the whole purpose of pushing them along side of the armor system.

In very rare instances (like those kitsune ears), an outfit idea becomes an armor piece, but I wouldn't hold my breath for any considerable change to their system.

I agree that the lack of customisation puts me off buying many outfits, because I have to like the entire thing together to be willing to buy it. As a result I'd definitely prefer them to make armour pieces whenever possible, and the least interesting outfits to me are the ones which look like armour.

But I do like having an alternative to my armour which I can switch to quickly, without it taking up inventory space, equipment slots or needing transmutation charges to create. I usually buy outfits which look like normal clothing, the kind of things NPCs might be wearing so it's something totally different my characters can wear when their armour would look out of place.

So I definitely wouldn't want to get rid of the outfit system entirely, but I'd like them to prioritise armour skins whenever possible.

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:This has been talked about to death, resurrection, death again, re-animation, death a third time, Awakened, and then Awakened death.

Outfits arent going to be mixed and matched. It was the whole purpose of pushing them along side of the armor system.

In very rare instances (like those kitsune ears), an outfit idea becomes an armor piece, but I wouldn't hold my breath for any considerable change to their system.

well according to ncsoft financial report( check massively op. com for source, i tried to share link it wont allow me) gw2 revenue fell down for 3rd quarter in a row, i do not want to talk doom and gloom here, but this so called outfit system is not selling that well. so if i was anet i would think about changing it into armor system and give a lot more customization, this system narrow downs the sells to people who like everything about outfit, that is why most outfits wont sell that much and one good looking outfit sells a lot and you see several people in it, other mmos have out fit system as well but their main income is not their in game cash shop, they have optional sub fee or forced sub fee, for gw2 having such restricted outfit system where you can not even remove shoulders, it is bad for business like i said.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:If one could 'mix and match' Outfits, they would not be Outfits, they would be Armor Sets.

Kind of defeats the purpose, no?

yeah it should change into armor system, because current outfit system is restrictive where you can not even remove shoulders, the purpose is to change this flawed system and changed it into much better system with much better customization, and that system is already exist in the game, the armor system.

@saye.9304 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:If one could 'mix and match' Outfits, they would not be Outfits, they would be Armor Sets.

Kind of defeats the purpose, no?

yeah it should change into armor system, because current outfit system is restrictive where you can not even remove shoulders, the purpose is to change this flawed system and changed it into much better system with much better customization, and that system is already exist in the game, the armor system.

If you read previous threads on this topic, you would know that one armor set takes a lot of resources and around 9 months to make. That's just for one set.

@saye.9304 said:

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:This has been talked about to death, resurrection, death again, re-animation, death a third time, Awakened, and then Awakened death.

well according to ncsoft financial report( check massively op. com for source, i tried to share link it wont allow me) gw2 revenue fell down for 3rd quarter in a row, i do not want to talk doom and gloom here, but this so called outfit system is not selling that well. so if i was anet i would think about changing it into armor system and give a lot more customization, this system narrow downs the sells to people who like everything about outfit, that is why most outfits wont sell that much and one good looking outfit sells a lot and you see several people in it, other mmos have out fit system as well but their main income is not their in game cash shop, they have optional sub fee or forced sub fee, for gw2 having such restricted outfit system where you can not even remove shoulders, it is bad for business like i said.

Outfits started getting added to the game as far back as 2014.

The games revenue situation has likely been affected by way other factors than outfits in these recent months/years. So I am unsure how you are drawing this connection here.

The outfits were added due to player desire to have more looks available to them without necessity to spend transmutation charges and faster release cadence (which is possible with outfits since they require way less hook point adjustments). I can guarantee you, there is enough players who enjoy the outfit system to be on the complete opposite of your personal opinion.

@saye: Capitalization and proper sentence structure are important too.

However, outfits are designed as they are due to streamlining the creative process. It takes more effort for Arenanet to introduce armor pieces due to player model clipping and other such issues. Whatever revenue obtained doesn't need to be reinvested into bugfixing outfits as much as armor art assets.

The only part of an outfit that is separate i believe is the head since you have the option to remove it, other than that In order to introduce outfits as Armor they'd have to redo every piece of every outfit for every race separating it into parts and making sure they match up with all the existing armors currently in the game and give each new dye channels. While it would be beneficial in some aspects, just like redoing armors so they aren't separated by weight, It's a huge task that I can't see them investing in.

@Infusion.7149 said:@saye: Capitalization and proper sentence structure are important too.

However, outfits are designed as they are due to streamlining the creative process. It takes more effort for Arenanet to introduce armor pieces due to player model clipping and other such issues. Whatever revenue obtained doesn't need to be reinvested into bugfixing outfits as much as armor art assets.

Grammar police, make sure check each and every post for grammar mistakes on forum, cause people need you to jump in with your perfect grammar specially now days , English is not my first language, and thanks god it is not, anyways i do not want to get in fight with grammar police because it is totally off topic.as for outfit system, like i said it is restrictive and must change/ replaced with better system, it will benefit both players and developers, more freedom for us and more money for them, win win situation.

@saye.9304 said:as for outfit system, like i said it is restrictive and must change/ replaced with better system, it will benefit both players and developers, more freedom for us and more money for them, win win situation.But that's the point. Of course the players want mix-n-match ability that comes with armor sets and if Anet could make enough profit by making them they would be all over it. Going to armor sets, or something similar, takes a lot of resources (time/money/developers) which would probably be a net loss for Anet and probably why they started making outfits.

EDIT: your point also assumes that many players would buy many armor sets. From my perspective, I don't see a lot of outfits being worn in game, so it may not be the money maker that you imagine it to be?