[Halloween] Touch of Madness not bright enough

Dear devs,

I love the new torch skin, Touch of Madness. However, the lighting radius is underwhelming, to say the least, which made me decide against using this fun skin. :/

I tested it in the pitch black pirate cavern in Lion's Arch, it barely lights up your surroundings, making it the darkest torch to date.

Could you please adjust the intensity of its light? Pretty please?

@Ashantara.8731 said:Dear devs,

I love the new torch skin, Touch of Madness. However, the lighting radius is underwhelming, to say the least, which made me decide against using this fun skin. :/

I tested it in the pitch black pirate cavern in Lion's Arch, it barely lights up your surroundings, making it the darkest torch to date.

How did you get it in the first place, if you don't mind me asking? I want it so bad.

@Hibiskus.8294 said:You know, i never thought that this will happen so fast, but Dulfy has made a Guide for this years Halloween and the torch skin seems to be a (rare or very rare) Drop from Treat or Trick bags..... i really hope i can get it. :)

Like I said in my initial post, I am very disappointed with it. :/ It barely lights your way.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

I love the new torch skin, Touch of Madness. However, the
lighting radius is underwhelming
, to say the least, which made me decide against using this fun skin. :/

How did you get it in the first place, if you don't mind me asking? I want it so bad.

It's a rare drop from Trick or Treat bags and you can buy it on the trading post.

This torch skin is something I have wanted since starting the game. Much more appealing to wield fire magic with bare hand than to carry a torch. I absolutely love it as is. If the OP's suggestion were to come to pass I would hope that the option to keep the current level of illumination would be provided.

Topic made me look it up and it looks awesome, but if it is as you say and they don't change/fix it... I don't want it.

@Avez.4621 said:what about when you throw the torch, what animation does it play

I would hope a fireball from the hand. That would be super awesome.

@Ashen.2907 said:This torch skin is something I have wanted since starting the game. Much more appealing to wield fire magic with bare hand than to carry a torch. I absolutely love it as is. If the OP's suggestion were to come to pass I would hope that the option to keep the current level of illumination would be provided.

You like the dim light it's radiating? I hope there is no misunderstanding here: I don't want more flames, just a higher level of illumination for the surrounding area.

Archived