Community: we don't like stealth thief builds

@Styros.8931 said:

@"noiwk.2760" said:

for people who cry thief does no damage.. sorry.. but this look very strong to me.. when combined with the crazy mobility and stealth .

showing out of no where doing quick damage disapearring again and bursting again

btw its not me .. i just post a video i saw here recently on forum credit to the one who made it gg!

funny joke buddy, dagger / pistol is only playable thief build . And imagine talk about class balance when you just watch video of random clown who play random game

@"noiwk.2760" said:

for people who cry thief does no damage.. sorry.. but this look very strong to me.. when combined with the crazy mobility and stealth .

showing out of no where doing quick damage disapearring again and bursting again

btw its not me .. i just post a video i saw here recently on forum credit to the one who made it gg!

funny joke buddy, dagger / pistol is only playable thief build . And imagine talk about class balance when you just watch video of random clown who play random game

Everyone repeat after me,

"4K BACKSTABS. WOW....!!!"

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

@"noiwk.2760" said:

@"noiwk.2760" said:

4k backstab with full buff and crit only, yep , don't forget to show me enemy who just stay and wait until you backstab him

@lare.5129 said:

@"noiwk.2760" said:for people who cry thief does no damage.. sorry.. but this look very strong to me..this is should be strong. Should be overpowered and dominate by concept of class ..Otherwise we should merge all classes to one, make one amulet, and pres 11111

when combined with the crazy mobility and stealth .

yes. Or the have plans rename "thief" to "turtle"? Crazy mobility and stealth is normal state of that class.

showing out of no where doing quick damage disapearring again and bursting againyes, this is part of rotation. By this rotation thief should kill any player 1 vs 1 .. And this normal state in most popular mmo games ..

I come from game where thief win 20: 0 is good valid normal sate ..

And here thief is slow shadow of what it should be .. but some people cry anyway ,, or just worried to burst them class by nerf other ???

thats not how thief should be... no class at all should be an auto win .. this is just how you want the class to be .. a class that win any 1v1 isnt normal in any mmo.. its normal in your delusional mind that say very silly things.. .. you basically want thief to be a game master class that 1 click and all map die.. well sorry this cant happen..even right now daredevil is by far the most played class in ranked pvp... and the top tier .. you can keep crying and crying but thief should see even more nerfs to be brought down back in line with all other classes.. i dont really give a damn about what thief used to be.. its not even a factor here.. what matter is how thief is compared to other classes in the current balance..

and the current state is... thief still got by far far far the best mobility in game.. thief got stealth ! and abuse it!and thief got good damage when comparing to today other classes. ! i dont care that the lines are "low:" because the thief can attack fast and overal do a very stable and good damage .. and yes thief can burst !

thief is by far the best + 1 class making mesmers/heral and others just not worth playing in ranked pvp.. why? because daredevil just do it way better !

sorry to break your bubble of thief does no damage .. but thief actually does more damage than herald and mesmer that are also +1 (not mirage thats a duelist )while some classes like reaper does more damage.. you can easily predict that damage interupt that damage.. and avoid that damage.. and also reaper is a face fighter it doesnt have the escape and repositioning thief has..

so im sorry.. a class should be good at 1 role .. and when thief is by far the best +1 and roamer .. no it shouldnt be able to be side node or duliest or team fighter..

right now as i said thief is by far the most played class in ranked pvp.. and this by its self says everything about current state of thief and that it over preform! if you want the sad truth thief should be nerfed further and stealth should be reworked the reason it doesnt happen.. is because Anet are scared of the thief cry baby community .. like you that think thief needs to be god ! if you wanna be god... just do what other peple do now days and use hacks.. zzz

@noiwk.2760 said:

right now as i said thief is by far the most played class in ranked pvp.. and this by its self says everything about current state of thief and that it over preform! if you want the sad truth thief should be nerfed further and stealth should be reworked the reason it doesnt happen.. is because Anet are scared of the thief cry baby community .. like you that think thief needs to be god ! if you wanna be god... just do what other peple do now days and use hacks.. zzz

if thief is best ranked class why i can't see any thief in ranked pvp ? Literally every 3-10 matchs I can see atleast 1 thief in 1 team but boiz thief is op boiz

@Styros.8931 said:

if thief is best ranked class why i can't see any thief in ranked pvp ? Literally every 3-10 matchs I can see atleast 1 thief in 1 team but boiz thief is op boiz

you dont see them cause they abuse stealth.. :P there are daredevil in every game

@noiwk.2760 said:

you dont see them cause they abuse stealth.. :P there are daredevil in every game

do i need screenshot my every single game right now to show 0 thiefs every game? Sadly we don't have match history so I can't show you 0 thiefs every game

@Styros.8931 said:

do i need screenshot my every single game right now to show 0 thiefs every game? Sadly we don't have match history so I can't show you 0 thiefs every game

well.. the only situation you wouldnt have thieves is playing not prime time and having game full of bots.. apparently the bots dont play thief ..

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

@"noiwk.2760" said:

@"noiwk.2760" said:

Good example of the forum community, within a few hrs of the bad feb patch a thread was made in pvp "thief backstab still hitting 4k pls nerf" lol

@noiwk.2760 said:

well.. the only situation you wouldnt have thieves is playing not prime time and having game full of bots.. apparently the bots dont play thief ..

ok what is prime time for thiefs, want to see them every match

@Styros.8931 said:

ok what is prime time for thiefs, want to see them every match

meh play in the evening.. if you say no one play thieves im sory buddy but you are not stating the truth and missleading..

with that said.. dont take it wrong idea.. im not against and and by all mean same as im free to state my personal opinion so do you!talking things and stating opinions are not bad things.. and shouldnt become disrespectful.. we disagree and that is fine.. the community is large and this is a subject which you wont ever have the entire community to agree on.. thives main will claim 1 thing and most of the community simply say we dont like how stealth is abuseable..by all mean once Anet will rework stealth completely i will be the first to vote for thief improvements but so long stealth is what it is.. i dont think thieves can ask for anything else.... if you disagree and think other wise.. by all mean state it here.. im not going to bully your opinion but if someone trey to bully mine because im fairly new player and starty going all arrogant .. i will be disrespectful aswell.

@noiwk.2760 said:

The reason for that is thiefs defenses are all active requiring good timing and knowledge of ur opponents class to predict and evade their attacks. On top blinds, interrupts and other such skills have to be used on dp to have a chance in a fight as well as good positioning if using s/d or such. A bot thief would be useless and it's far easier to program a class/spec with higher hp/armor that has barriers, invulnerability at a press of a button all while spamming weapon skills that do decent damage. But those defensive type skills are far more skillful right, so skillfull bots can some what utilize them :)But yes teefs mobility,evades and stealth thru combo fields are OP emiright?

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

The reason for that is thiefs defenses are all active requiring good timing and knowledge of ur opponents class to predict and evade their attacks. On top blinds, interrupts and other such skills have to be used on dp to have a chance in a fight as well as good positioning if using s/d or such. A bot thief would be useless and it's far easier to program a class/spec with higher hp/armor that has barriers, invulnerability at a press of a button all while spamming weapon skills that do decent damage. But those defensive type skills are far more skillful right, so skillfull bots can some what utilize them :)But yes teefs mobility,evades and stealth thru combo fields are OP emiright?

claiming the class require timing and is bad for bot to play it doesnt mean the class is weak ^^it means that you claim the class require skills.. . ok.. so? weaver require skills .. and it was still nerfed a ton. to be good at Umm? who knows..someone who stick to a class eventually master it.. and how thief would be useless on bots because it require some skills and timing isnt a good argument to say thief isnt strong ! i never saw heal breaker used by bot.. or support tempest .. does it mean they are bad classes? warrior just got all of his heal skills halved..

@noiwk.2760 said:

claiming the class require timing and is bad for bot to play it doesnt mean the class is weak ^^it means that you claim the class require skills.. . ok.. so? weaver require skills .. and it was still nerfed a ton. to be good at Umm? who knows..someone who stick to a class eventually master it.. and how thief would be useless on bots because it require some skills and timing isnt a good argument to say thief isnt strong ! i never saw heal breaker used by bot.. or support tempest .. does it mean they are bad classes? warrior just got all of his heal skills halved..what ? Skill for thiefs? Clowns talk about 4k backstabs , its op when its CRIT , just faceroll and backstab boi, where is my bots with backstab full hp only

@noiwk.2760 said:

claiming the class require timing and is bad for bot to play it doesnt mean the class is weak ^^it means that you claim the class require skills.. . ok.. so? weaver require skills .. and it was still nerfed a ton. to be good at Umm? who knows..someone who stick to a class eventually master it.. and how thief would be useless on bots because it require some skills and timing isnt a good argument to say thief isnt strong ! i never saw heal breaker used by bot.. or support tempest .. does it mean they are bad classes? warrior just got all of his heal skills halved..

When did I say thief is weak? If played well its strong in its roles, very strong. My point was why bots arnt thieves often and that when people complain about thief and its evasiveness/stealth and how OP it is I think their forgetting about the differences in thiefs defenses and its design comparative to other classes except for mesmer to a degree. Thiefs defenses are for more active than most classes and are in some ways stronger but also in some ways are not and require more active gameplay than most of the roster.

@noiwk.2760 said:well.. the only situation you wouldnt have thieves is playing not prime time and having game full of bots.. apparently the bots dont play thief ..

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:The reason for that is thiefs defenses are all active requiring good timing and knowledge of ur opponents class to predict and evade their attacks. On top blinds, interrupts and other such skills have to be used on dp to have a chance in a fight as well as good positioning if using s/d or such. A bot thief would be useless and it's far easier to program a class/spec with higher hp/armor that has barriers, invulnerability at a press of a button all while spamming weapon skills that do decent damage. But those defensive type skills are far more skillful right, so skillfull bots can some what utilize them :)But yes teefs mobility,evades and stealth thru combo fields are OP emiright?

@noiwk.2760 said:claiming the class require timing and is bad for bot to play it doesnt mean the class is weak ^^it means that you claim the class require skills.. . ok.. so? weaver require skills .. and it was still nerfed a ton. to be good at Umm? who knows..someone who stick to a class eventually master it.. and how thief would be useless on bots because it require some skills and timing isnt a good argument to say thief isnt strong ! i never saw heal breaker used by bot.. or support tempest .. does it mean they are bad classes? warrior just got all of his heal skills halved..

There are no thieves during primetime."There are no thieves during prime time because there are so many bots and the bots dont play thief."Bots cant play thief."Bots not being able to play thief doesn't mean they aren't strong!"

So, assuming "there are no thieves during primetime" is true, what is your next explanation for this? They cannot both be bots and not bots, and if the class was strong they would not be displaced by bots in primetime.

Anyhow, I'd like to float this is a waste of time attempting to argue whether thief is balanced.

@"NorthernRedStar.3054" said:"4K BACKSTABS. WOW....!!!"That energy is better spent surviving the nerfs by adapting. People are going to be upset and vaguely gesture at someone else's youtube videos when asked why they think what they think anyway.

@"noiwk.2760" said:thats not how thief should be... no class at all should be an auto win ..so now in gw2 we have big fail ! no one class not have auto win. I try all clasess, and don't find any op .. OP it looks only someone other play that .. This is not good.I try thief on all giuld, and it fail .. Now I use my own biuld, but they remove my celestial rune .. so one more nerf for me .. This is very strange.

a class that win any 1v1 isnt normal in any mmo.. its normal in your delusional mind that say very silly things.. ..

I play mmo long time, and sure that we shoudl have op clases, op anyway declass classes, and versus clases. This si give some stability for people.

you basically want thief to be a game master class that 1 click and all map die..I don't see any bad if 2 necro kill thief ..

even right now daredevil is by far the most played class in ranked pvp...no, it fake info. If I take daredevil I still not have top places .. I am no pro pvp player, but more than 5000 games played and I see one of big fail here - to good balance..

and the current state is... thief still got by far far far the best mobility in game.. thief got stealth ! and abuse it!as should. Abuse and domination - this sis why class named thief, but not "slow turtle"

and yes thief can burst !yes, warrior have 2h sword, druid have heal, thief - burst, stealth and mobility. Don't see reason to panic.

thief is by far the best + 1 class making mesmers/heral and others just not worth playing in ranked pvp..

I try zerk build too, don't see big damage. Mesmer shoudl alwasy lose. It make that class more rare and elitare. We can't have in any 5 setup mesmer. It bad by naming class ..

so im sorry.. a class should be good at 1 role ..Thief is not top heal ? not tank for raid .. But make some orther class, name it Dominator - vest everywhere also good idea. Also sell damage boon for him for gems .. It will be some fun.

! if you want the sad truth thief should be nerfedso in this way we should rename class, or add new specilazation, name it water turtle, where on swap thief now have another name, can heal, and have low dps ..

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Stealth thief builds didn’t specifically get nerfed, but I think it’s more likely for sw/d build to take thief place- ie deadeye and s/d daredevil. These builds can sometimes win 1v1s and can snowball team fights where things like dhs and power revs might be.

Why would you play a poor duelist who performs even worse in teamfights? Thiefs purpose hasnt changed, its still a decap and +1 bot. And there is nothing that made D/P specifically worse at that than other builds (And Deadeye is not going to work as long as projectile destruction and reflect is as abundant as it is, and DJ is as unhittable as it is).

You wouldn’t play a poor duelist- you would be playing a build that hard counters dh and power revs that has much improved mobility from d/p builds that can not only 1v1 better than other s/d builds but do more damage- just how Sa dp would do at least as much damage as Da dp, but with much improved sustain

Youre playing thief. That means youre playing a poor duelist at best. How exactly do you intend to counter DH, who still has better damage, defense, CC and sustain? Youd still be a pure decap and +1 bot that avoids 1v1s like the plague, so there is no real advantage to D/P. Its not like you get more mobility because IA is still the best movement you have.

Dh can 1v1 at least in ranked, but it’s not a 1v1 build. Keep in mind s/d daredevil is and has been possibly the best counter to these dh builds for multiple seasons at least according to multiple plat-legend guards and thief players.

I mean of course DH is not a 1v1 build. But Thief is not a 1v1
class
. And when it comes to 1v1ing, DH still does a lot better. Thief is a counter in +1 scenarios, not 1v1 scenarios. And its good at that because it can rip crucial boons from DH, interrupt their high cast time valuable skills with ease, and mess them up with blinds. But, in a 1v1 scenario that doesnt save the thief. He still loses. There is a reason DH was fine in the 2v2 seasons (though not top tier) and thief was either the only, or one of the only two classes that were unplayable.

What are you even talking about. It has nothing to do with what’ll be meta or played in ranked

I mean if Im understanding your argument, youre saying that you want to play thief as a duelist, since +1-wise nothings actually changed for them. But thief is a poor duelist who doesnt win fights. So Im not sure why you think the builds would change.

Wow. Responding to the post with delusions- s/d thief is a roamer mostly. If you want a duelist rn on thief you’d be pretty out of lucky with anything but staff/staff or p/p condi which probably work op to plat or at least the best player I’ve seen on these type of builds gets plat2 on a good day with a good duo.

Then, why do you think thief would change his build from one roamer to another, without any of them getting better relative to the other? You are confusing.

Not that I’m gonna argue about it- but the endurance/mobility loss is very significant, dp thief’s could try to make up for it by changing to build to say the daredevil heal, but then they will severely lack in the stealth they need. Stealth builds are pigeonholed by this change meanwhile sd isn’t and makes up for the loses, so we will see a surge of s/d thief’s. Also deadeyes will see a huge rating inflation or at least for the few who main it, though based off our meta it will be unplayable in ats, where as an s/d thief can be played in that meta and you as an s/d thief will be a very nice pick up against the dh and rev surge we are gonna see making it a not bad choose at all meaningwhile dp at best will just completely fall- so I recommend thief mains who wanna be viable play s/d DrD over deadeye over d/p

The endurance/mobility is just as significant for S/D though. Thats the thing. The nerf hits equally. Thats why neither of them is getting better compared to the other. So your suggestion doesnt really make any sense. Neither of them will increase their mobility because there isnt really much of a way, or reason, to do it. Theyll be the same as before, so youll use the same as before. And that means no DE, because DE is garbage, AT or regular queue.

Wrong s/d has more shadow steps and more dodges, potentially much more and high vigor or in some cases trickster can all be put forward towards increasing mobility. S/d is not only good in this incoming meta but less impacted which I already explained clearly. Deadeye is already a monster in the right hands- which has been clearly demonstrated recently in ranked and even on stream by deadeyes literally spamming matches solo q and maintaining a rating well into top 10 consistently throughout the season and this will skyrocket after the changes.

It has more shadow steps and dodges in a combat situation. Not when actually moving around the map. Which is what is the actually important part. So its not less impacted by any sstretch of the imagination. And nah, Deadeye only works so long as it catches people off-guard, because its trivially easy to shut down.

Dang more and more delusions. If your never in combat than you are bad at pvp- I’m done talking to you, it will never do anyone any good.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Stealth thief builds didn’t specifically get nerfed, but I think it’s more likely for sw/d build to take thief place- ie deadeye and s/d daredevil. These builds can sometimes win 1v1s and can snowball team fights where things like dhs and power revs might be.

Why would you play a poor duelist who performs even worse in teamfights? Thiefs purpose hasnt changed, its still a decap and +1 bot. And there is nothing that made D/P specifically worse at that than other builds (And Deadeye is not going to work as long as projectile destruction and reflect is as abundant as it is, and DJ is as unhittable as it is).

You wouldn’t play a poor duelist- you would be playing a build that hard counters dh and power revs that has much improved mobility from d/p builds that can not only 1v1 better than other s/d builds but do more damage- just how Sa dp would do at least as much damage as Da dp, but with much improved sustain

Youre playing thief. That means youre playing a poor duelist at best. How exactly do you intend to counter DH, who still has better damage, defense, CC and sustain? Youd still be a pure decap and +1 bot that avoids 1v1s like the plague, so there is no real advantage to D/P. Its not like you get more mobility because IA is still the best movement you have.

Dh can 1v1 at least in ranked, but it’s not a 1v1 build. Keep in mind s/d daredevil is and has been possibly the best counter to these dh builds for multiple seasons at least according to multiple plat-legend guards and thief players.

I mean of course DH is not a 1v1 build. But Thief is not a 1v1
class
. And when it comes to 1v1ing, DH still does a lot better. Thief is a counter in +1 scenarios, not 1v1 scenarios. And its good at that because it can rip crucial boons from DH, interrupt their high cast time valuable skills with ease, and mess them up with blinds. But, in a 1v1 scenario that doesnt save the thief. He still loses. There is a reason DH was fine in the 2v2 seasons (though not top tier) and thief was either the only, or one of the only two classes that were unplayable.

What are you even talking about. It has nothing to do with what’ll be meta or played in ranked

I mean if Im understanding your argument, youre saying that you want to play thief as a duelist, since +1-wise nothings actually changed for them. But thief is a poor duelist who doesnt win fights. So Im not sure why you think the builds would change.

Wow. Responding to the post with delusions- s/d thief is a roamer mostly. If you want a duelist rn on thief you’d be pretty out of lucky with anything but staff/staff or p/p condi which probably work op to plat or at least the best player I’ve seen on these type of builds gets plat2 on a good day with a good duo.

Then, why do you think thief would change his build from one roamer to another, without any of them getting better relative to the other? You are confusing.

Not that I’m gonna argue about it- but the endurance/mobility loss is very significant, dp thief’s could try to make up for it by changing to build to say the daredevil heal, but then they will severely lack in the stealth they need. Stealth builds are pigeonholed by this change meanwhile sd isn’t and makes up for the loses, so we will see a surge of s/d thief’s. Also deadeyes will see a huge rating inflation or at least for the few who main it, though based off our meta it will be unplayable in ats, where as an s/d thief can be played in that meta and you as an s/d thief will be a very nice pick up against the dh and rev surge we are gonna see making it a not bad choose at all meaningwhile dp at best will just completely fall- so I recommend thief mains who wanna be viable play s/d DrD over deadeye over d/p

The endurance/mobility is just as significant for S/D though. Thats the thing. The nerf hits equally. Thats why neither of them is getting better compared to the other. So your suggestion doesnt really make any sense. Neither of them will increase their mobility because there isnt really much of a way, or reason, to do it. Theyll be the same as before, so youll use the same as before. And that means no DE, because DE is garbage, AT or regular queue.

Wrong s/d has more shadow steps and more dodges, potentially much more and high vigor or in some cases trickster can all be put forward towards increasing mobility. S/d is not only good in this incoming meta but less impacted which I already explained clearly. Deadeye is already a monster in the right hands- which has been clearly demonstrated recently in ranked and even on stream by deadeyes literally spamming matches solo q and maintaining a rating well into top 10 consistently throughout the season and this will skyrocket after the changes.

It has more shadow steps and dodges in a combat situation. Not when actually moving around the map. Which is what is the actually important part. So its not less impacted by any sstretch of the imagination. And nah, Deadeye only works so long as it catches people off-guard, because its trivially easy to shut down.

Dang more and more delusions. If your never in combat than you are bad at pvp- I’m done talking to you, it will never do anyone any good.

Is this like your standard response to being called out for being wrong? Like, you made the same response when you seriously tried to argue thief would start switching to Acro S/D thief a while back (which didnt happen). Or S/P somewhere in, I wanna say April? (which didnt happen). Or Staff thief at some point (which, you guessed it, didnt happen). Oh and just to make it clear, the increased amount of shadowsteps dont help with mobility, which was your argument.

@Dantheman.3589 said:Imagine anyone thinking d/p thief or p/d is even viable rn. Those 2 specs are laughably unviable atm and it will see zero play in mats. Coming from someone plat3+, who mains thief and can also play basically any class, I can personally assure you this type of build is terrible now Period.

I mean, you've only been wrong every single time so far. 8th times the charm?

because ecto is busted makes me able to solo good mesmer with brain turned off, so is sap that's hitting 4k+ to 5ksignet is too good in the current meta, there's barely anything that give that many endurance, the other is healbreaker heal, which also get halved.

sb5 has been carrying so much, not just mobility, but the fact that you get on demand port, to get out of jail free card. specially on maps like kyhlo and temple, also legacy. thief camping on sb basically unkillable and will out speed you and decap you. which is what carries the game, not by being stuck in 1v1 against some one else for mins on a node, but by who gets plused first, or who decapped first. also having a thief shut down far point carry.

all nerfs justified

@Lighter.5631 said:because ecto is busted makes me able to solo good mesmer with brain turned off, so is sap that's hitting 4k+ to 5ksignet is too good in the current meta, there's barely anything that give that many endurance, the other is healbreaker heal, which also get halved.

sb5 has been carrying so much, not just mobility, but the fact that you get on demand port, to get out of jail free card. specially on maps like kyhlo and temple, also legacy. thief camping on sb basically unkillable and will out speed you and decap you. which is what carries the game, not by being stuck in 1v1 against some one else for mins on a node, but by who gets plused first, or who decapped first. also having a thief shut down far point carry.

all nerfs justified

Here is the thing though: Thats not going to change. Thief is still going to outspeed and decap you, and +1 all over the map. Theyre not going to nerf thief so that it cant do that anymore, because if they did, thief would be a class so unplayable, picking it is report-worthy. The only way that kind of nerf would work is if in exchange thief got major buffs elsewhere. Hopefully that is their plan, since them nerfing SB5 is already a sign, but who knows.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:because ecto is busted makes me able to solo good mesmer with brain turned off, so is sap that's hitting 4k+ to 5ksignet is too good in the current meta, there's barely anything that give that many endurance, the other is healbreaker heal, which also get halved.

all nerfs justified

Here is the thing though: Thats not going to change. Thief is still going to outspeed and decap you, and +1 all over the map.

which is good, thief's plus 1 capability is still there, speed is still top, just less 1v1 capability with op ecto and op sap throwand less get out of jail free card on a basically unkillable spec, and actually catchable and less immob removal and some less mobility, tho still best mobility.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

all nerfs justified

Here is the thing though: Thats not going to change. Thief is still going to outspeed and decap you, and +1 all over the map. Theyre not going to nerf thief so that it cant do that anymore, because if they did, thief would be a class so unplayable, picking it is report-worthy. The only way that kind of nerf would work is if in exchange thief got major buffs elsewhere. Hopefully that is their plan, since them nerfing SB5 is already a sign, but who knows.

I know ur hoping mobility nerfs will give way to buffs in thiefs fighting ability but do u really think a dev team unable to make thee melee class (warrior) proficient in melee is going to successfully make teef a better fighter? Not gonna happen man, all that's happening realistically right now is thief is simply getting its mobility hit no other plans for compensation are probable.