World Linking 12/4/2020

Cal Cohen.2358

to be fair, WSR seems to be still farming everyone in t5, despite having the smallest numbers, if i look at the gw2mists statistics. maybe join your server discord, then u can enjoy that, and will know when the time to play is maybe rather bad. plus u might learn how Wvw really works.

tier 2 is currently so bad, that only when guild group carried zergs or rather blobs run, any real content happens. people are unable to join opentags, and if they do, chance that they will not move with the tag but continuing their random actions and dying all across the field is very high. part of the issue is also that opentags are mainly ppt-tags, with equally no more plan than "we get ourselves farmed until they get tired of it and let us cap the objective".

if u ever ran with a good guild group that has a good fighting comm who calls the shots right, you'll know what i mean. many won't ever i fear, and will think the peak of content is ppt score, which really is not.

the link system as such is the bane of this all. if everyone was unlinked, maybe the competitive players could just camp in 3 servers and leave the rest to their weird hunting for ppt score. maybe ppt as such had to get a rework as well tho, because many matchups just get "decided" (ppt-score wise) during off-hours.big wonder, i also have flipped keeps with 2 other people, it's not hard if nobody defends it. or defended a keep with 2 others against 15 people... that's fun now and then, but it gets boring pretty fast as well.

@"Cpt Dave.5068" your server isn't alone. it's always 2 servers that lose a link and get small in numbers due to that... jade sea is even in a worse position, they don't have the WSR core that camps the server and has no issue to play in undernumbers, i guess.

and that link server that loses the full fighting nomads from your server probably is very aware of that.

plus, transfers aren't for free. costs gems every time. it's just the system that was meant to be replaced with the infamous "Alliances" update years ago, that was delayed to infinity.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26547/world-restructuring#latest

@FalconRN.6219 said:will be the next relink at 29/january/21 or 05/february/21?

The normal cycle would be the 29th of January.

However, because the December one was delayed, I would expect the 5th of February.

If I am correct, the cycle is approximately 8 weeks. And initially it was the last Friday of every two months. So, some may have been 9 weeks.

If they don't post an update in the next week, about the next relink being on the 5th, then I would assume it will be next Friday on the 29th.

Honestly though, I think this relink will be quite predictable how things will go.You might see a mix of a bunch of hosts and links, with their current communities which aren't going to work well, so there will be mass transfers to other links.

WSR will transfer with 100+ people, since dzagonur might have no link and Piken is almost certain to have no link along with BB.