Candy Gobbler needs help

Looking at Dulfy's video it looks like around 10 seconds.

Well, that sucks, was really looking forward to buying one for two years now...

yeah I can tell it was bad when I saw Dulfy's log kept saying that it couldn't be used at the time and that looked really annoying to deal with.

yeah I can tell it was bad when I saw Dulfy's log kept saying that it couldn't be used at the time and that looked really annoying to deal with.

It actually looks like it's 5s CD which would be to prevent transformation spamming, they could just remove the transformations for all I care. Or make a haloween tonic for those who like em, just let ppl spam the boosters.

It actually looks like it's 5s CD which would be to prevent transformation spamming, they could just remove the transformations for all I care. Or make a haloween tonic for those who like em, just let ppl spam the boosters.

If it's due to the stupid transformation that almost everyone would just turn off after getting the boost... then yeah, best to just take that out completely as it's pointless.

The one thing that bugs me about the candy gobbler is I can't spam it. And because of that I waste 5 minutes trying to get another 7 minutes of added time to my Item Booster effect.

This and that the transformations don't actually give you costume brawl skills. Honestly I doubt it'll be changed but at least allowing those that have it to spam it a bunch to get the wanted buffs would be nice.

If it's due to the stupid transformation that almost everyone would just turn off after getting the boost... then yeah, best to just take that out completely as it's pointless.

Make a macro with doubleclick with a pause and just wait a Little.

Also you don't need to turno off the costume.Just doubleclick every 4 sec.

I know it's not the best deal but check the price of a booster on the gemstore, then decide yourself is 125 gems are better or not.

Make a macro with doubleclick with a pause and just wait a Little.

Also you don't need to turno off the costume.Just doubleclick every 4 sec.

I know it's not the best deal but check the price of a booster on the gemstore, then decide yourself is 125 gems are better or not.

Not really the best argument in my case as I would never buy a booster in the gem store.

@Shirlias.8104 said:Oh me neither.But if we do consider

1. Gobbler price
  2. Boosters price

Well, then for 300 gems the time and gold ( Corn price ) sink are definitely fair.

I would put that under the same situation of

"How would you like to die? Burnt to death, starved, hanging, drowning, dismemberment, or eaten?"The best argument would be that the fastest and more efficient of those choices might be drowning, but I personally would pick "neither" as the whole idea doesn't sound pleasant.

The gobbler without that stupid cooldown would be death by explosion. Yes, you will still die, but it will be almost instant which would be the better situation.

@Shirlias.8104 said:The Gobbler without costume or cd would be like ''Boosters are now meaningless, congratulation''.

I doubt something like this will ever happen.

Would it make boosters meaningless? Even with no cooldown or transformations you’d still have to use candy corn and take time to build up the boosts you want while boosters are immediate, not RNG in boosts given and don’t require the time and cost per try spent getting the full boost. if you get boosters from logging in and other ingame sources then there’s no time/gold cost to using them at all.

I guess I'm one of the few here who really loves the Candy Corn Gobbler. I use it all the time, especially if I'm about to do a node farm run (rich veins or trees or whatever). One stack of candy corn usually equates to around 1 hour of the Item Boost and around 2-3 hours of the Experience Boost. The rest of the boosts (combat boosts) are pretty much useless in my opinion.

I use up my boosters pretty much as soon as I get them. The CC Gobbler is definitely the cheapest way to acquire booster buffs. Compared to the other ways you can acquire boosts, they're practically free with the Gobbler.

If you do PvP a lot, the Gobbler is especially reliable, since the most common boost you'll get from using it is the Experience boost. Spend 10-15 minutes chewing on candy corn and you'll have several hours built up of +50% PvP reward track. That's a relatively insignificant amount of time for a not insignificant amount of track progress. Consider that for every two tracks you'd complete without it, you'll complete three tracks with it.

@akenoyuki.8210 said:I wonder, why would they give the candy gobbler a delay? What are the benefit for them?

It might serve as a counterbalance to the amount of time you can accumulate from chewing on candy corn. The delay is somewhere around 3-4 seconds, meaning you can get approximately 15-20 boosts per minute, randomized. If there were no limitation, you could apply boosts as fast as you can double-click, which for some could be faster than 2 per second. Suddenly you find players are stacking 120+ boosts per minute, with many hours accrued for each boon in a very short period of time. Perhaps they imposed the restriction because they didn't want the item to be too useful.

Or, maybe it's something simpler, and the delay is a result of the possible transformation. Most, if not all other transformation tonics in the game have the same delay, so maybe the Gobbler is no different.

Personally, even though I use mine often, I agree that they would have a much higher value if the delay were removed. More players would be inclined to buy it from the gem store, too, if they knew it were a reliable way to get MF/Exp boosts quickly.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:The Gobbler without costume or cd would be like ''Boosters are now meaningless, congratulation''.

Or like Princess, set a limit how much you can do daily.

No sense, i want the buffs everytime i need em ( even if i have to waste corns and time ).They should change an item you knew how it have worked ( because, i hope, you checked both wiki and youtube for info related before the purchase ) just because reasons? i say "never".

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

Would it make boosters meaningless? Even with no cooldown or transformations you’d still have to use candy corn and take time to build up the boosts you want while boosters are immediate, not RNG in boosts given and don’t require the time and cost per try spent getting the full boost. if you get boosters from logging in and other ingame sources then there’s no time/gold cost to using them at all.

Candy corn cost NOTHING compared to a booster cost.

1. A single boost is 100 gems ( 2h boost ) which is 24g.

2. 250 corns are, currently, around 50c each.

• Which means 1,25g per stack ( 250 corns )
    • Around 5k corns
  3. With 250 corn you are likely to have more than 5h exp/track boost ( i'll give it a shot after lunch ).

4. With no cooldown there won't be any reason to buy boosters, and i perfectly explicated why.

Would be wonderful to have a free item which bypass the store for just 300gems and a bunch of corns, but you have to understand that nobody will ever buy any booster then, if you only have to login an click click 50 times ( and pay 90s ofc!! ) for 2h boost.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

Or like Princess, set a limit how much you can do daily.

No sense, i want the buffs everytime i need em ( even if i have to waste corns and time ).They should change an item you knew how it have worked ( because, i hope, you checked both wiki and youtube for info related before the purchase ) just because reasons? i say "never".

Candy corn cost NOTHING compared to a booster cost
  1. A single boost is 100 gems ( 2h boost ) which is 24g.
  2. 250 corns are, currently, around 50c each.
    • Which means 1,25g per stack ( 250 corns )
    • Around 5k corns
  3. With 250 corn you are likely to have more than 5h exp/track boost ( i'll give it a shot after lunch ).
  4. With no cooldown there won't be any reason to buy boosters, and i perfectly explicated why.

Would be wonderful to have a free item which bypass the store for just 300gems and a bunch of corns, but you have to understand that nobody will ever buy any booster then, if you only have to login an click click 50 times ( and pay 90s ofc!! ) for 2h boost.

Sure, if you’re in the habit of buying boosters then using candy corn is cheaper. However I’ve got a bunch of boosters, none of which I bought so compared to those the candy corn Gobbler is more expensive.

(Do people buy boosters with gems? Seems sort of a waste of gold/money to me, but I guess there’s no accounting for what people will spend on. Why don’t they buy the ones for one Laurel instead?)

Archived