Well..That soured me to PvP FAST.

Akisohida.8963

First match in the coliseum. Ever.

We are destroying the enemy team. Middle is always contested. They take bottom for maybe 10 seconds total.

We had to have around twice as many kills as them...and lost. By 300 points.

All because they sneezed on Wolf twice and, for whatever reason, the game said they had center more than us in spite of us fighting for it nonstop and winning 90% of the battles.

So we, by all accounts, did better...but the game decided...what? That center was worth more whenever they held it?

That felt horribly arbitrary. 'Yeah! We're beating their faces in! It's a pitched battle at center! ...Oh we lost.'

I got whiplash from the mood shift.

And my Freeze Necro build is GARBAGE in WvW. I have 100% crit chance if you let me live past 2 seconds, my Chills stack bleeding and Fragile (the increased damage/con damage one)

...And I can't kill anyone. Hell, I can't reduce ANYONE by more than 5% HP.

WTH build can facetank 20 crits from a greatsword plus bleeding plus chill, plus increased incoming damage?And why does EVERY class have some sorta build that tanks like a god? Even Elementalists just go 'lol. 50000000000 armor' when I smack em for a whopping 0.00000000001% of their HP.

But me? I die in 3 hits or less. To every class. :\

@Akisohida.8963 said:First match in the coliseum. Ever.

We are destroying the enemy team. Middle is always contested. They take bottom for maybe 10 seconds total.

All because they sneezed on Wolf twice and, for whatever reason, the game said they had center more than us in spite of us fighting for it nonstop and winning 90% of the battles.

So we, by all accounts, did better...but the game decided...what? That center was worth more whenever they held it?

That felt horribly arbitrary. 'Yeah! We're beating their faces in! It's a pitched battle at center! ...Oh we lost.'

And my Freeze Necro build is GARBAGE in WvW. I have 100% crit chance if you let me live past 2 seconds, my Chills stack bleeding and Fragile (the increased damage/con damage one)

WTH build can facetank 20 crits from a greatsword plus bleeding plus chill, plus increased incoming damage?And why does EVERY class have some sorta build that tanks like a god? Even Elementalists just go 'lol. 50000000000 armor' when I smack em for a whopping 0.00000000001% of their HP.

Yet another person who doesnt look at minimap....

-____-

You probably got lost in a zergling Bloodrage, not noticing that enemy is actually beating your team at Rotations, which is the real key to winning the Match.So, no. No bug or troll game mechanics.Your team might have been better but they were smarter.Nothing is a more well deserved loss than when you overcommit to chasing and zerging in a Conquest mode.

sPvP is a "capture and hold" game, not a deathmatch. Generally, the pattern I follow is:

Objectives (if we can take them, they generally give more points than capture points if you are able to take them quickly)>Capture Points (these are what you want to focus on protecting most of the time. You decap enemy points and capture them when possible as well.)>Kills (you don't chase enemies unless you KNOW you can kill them fast, and you always try to fight on point).

Pay attention to the point meter at the top of the screen, that telegraphs who is winning and who is losing.

This takes practice, and you are a new player. Know the map, know your class, and if possible play the classes you have difficulty dealing with for a few matches to figure them out as well.

@Akisohida.8963 said:First match in the coliseum. Ever.

You get 1 point every two seconds for every node your team has. Long fights on someone else's node is one of the worst things you can do.

As for your build, who in PvP gets hit 20 times from a necro great sword? 3-5 are good and 2 can be good for down cleave, but you shouldn't be camping in great sword.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Akisohida.8963 said:That center was worth more whenever they held it?Welll... yeah. The center is worth nothing to you if you dont hold it.Conquest has always been about holding the caps, not who gets the most kills.

This, so much this. This is why I get frustrated with PvP. People will fight for a point for ages, and then leave it as soon as they win. Enemy thief comes along and decaps in 5 seconds, and the whole fight was a giant waste of time.

If you aint holding points, you aint worth a damn.

It just seems like you're new, and you thought PvP in GW2 was about one thing when it's really about another. You just need to change your expectations once you figure out the actual point system, and you'll be fine.

I'm also a little confused, because your post started by talking about how dominating your team was in all the fights, but then you shifted to talking about how worthless you and your build were in any scenario where you had to try and defeat another player. Was your team carrying you, while you yourself were unable to contribute in a meaningful way? Maybe you should solicit your class forums for better PvP builds and advice, so that you can contribute more in future matches. That might be productive and rewarding, ya?

Archived