PvP state opinion

razaelll.8324

Hello Anet devs,

If you read this i would like to congratulate you for the combat design. I am playing the game from about a month , mostly doing pvp and learning the classes and i must say i never had so much fun in a fantasy mmoprg pvp in the last 10 years. The combat design is really dynamic and interesting in my opinion and player skill and knowledge really matters which is something which most of the mmos dont have. I was a bit sceptical about how would 3v3 work , but so far i love it. I believe that 2v2, 3v3 should be added permanetly not only as off seasons , because in my opinion the only thing which gw2 pvp lacks is a bit more variety in terms of pvp modes.

I see a lot of people talking about the pvp balance, i am still too unexperianced to talk about it in details, but from what i have seen so far it looks like gw2 has the closes thing to an actual balance which i have seen in a mmorpg, all other mmos which i have played like wow,bdo,eso,tera and so on have much worse pvp balance. I see that pvp balance changes are done very rarely and in my opinion that is the main reason people get frustrated. I believe that if you do small frequent balance updates , more people will participate in pvp.

Best regards and be healthy!

@razaelll.8324 said:

I see that pvp balance changes are done very rarely and in my opinion that is the main reason people get frustrated. I believe that if you do small frequent balance updates , more people will participate in pvp.

This exactly the problem, good eye buddy, but keep enjoying the game it's still great

@Avatar.3568 said:

I see that pvp balance changes are done very rarely and in my opinion that is the main reason people get frustrated. I believe that if you do small frequent balance updates , more people will participate in pvp.

This exactly the problem, good eye buddy, but keep enjoying the game it's still great

Thanks buddy!

@razaelll.8324 said:

Thanks buddy!

Wow I want some love too buddies <3

@Marxx.5021 said:There are simply not enough player left to form matchups in all skill/expirience ranges.

I think you are right, there are not many ppl playing spvp and the matchmaking is promoting high ranked players to carry low ranked ones, which is probably very frustrating for the high ranked players, but if the matchmaking system is changed to match you with people only around your rating then, i think the wait times specially for high rank players will be too long. I am not sure what is the right solution to this problem except trying to attract more players to play spvp by more small frequent balance changes and a new spvp mode.

@Sombra.3246 said:

Thanks buddy!

Wow I want some love too buddies <3

Love you buddy <3

Lmao this games pvp has gotten so bad its actually sad. I tried to do some unranked tonight and in one night have had more players than I can count literally wandering around the map avoiding all fights while their teammates are team fighting mid, and their off somewhere not even near a node just wandering around lmao. I +1 for teammates that when the fight is won I'd leave than notice the teammate has left the node not even capped. I get there's newer players in unranked but this is something else entirely. Either for some reason these players are purposely doing these thing just to troll their team or their very badly programmed bots. If the next ranked season is as bad as I just witnessed unranked as being tonight than I hate to say it but this games pvp is at a definite all time sad state.

I'm glad you enjoy it, keep on keeping on buddy.

Personally, I hate the direction. I don't care how frequently or infrequently the patches come in. If the actual content of the balance patches is bad or unexciting then I don't care about it. Actually makes all the time spent waiting feel worse.

Balance patches are also always going to be polarizing. Actual content would be cooler. New maps, new modes, etc. Like EoD on the horizon. Stuff most people can agree is more interesting.

@georgessj.4198 said:

@razaelll.8324 said:Hello Anet devs,

i never had so much fun in a fantasy mmoprg pvp in the last 10 years.

Wait until you find out all these pvp fun moments you had were against bots.

Hehe i have fought bots but actually not that many.Its because you are new and cant always tell who is botting

There are obvious bots which are very easy recognizable, but there some which are actually very hard to recognize even from veteran players, nobody can recognise bots with 100% accuracy.

@georgessj.4198 said:

@razaelll.8324 said:Hehe i have fought bots but actually not that many.Its because you are new and cant always tell who is botting

In nearly 3 years this is probably one of the most rational people i've met on here. I'm sure they can point out a bot, new or no.

Close to or over a thousand games and a below average winrate usually means bot. The actual number of bots is very overexaggerated as well.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

@razaelll.8324 said:Hehe i have fought bots but actually not that many.Its because you are new and cant always tell who is botting

In nearly 3 years this is probably one of the most rational people i've met on here. I'm sure they can point out a bot, new or no.

Close to or over a thousand games and a below average winrate usually means bot. The actual number of bots is very overexaggerated as well.

I too feel like the boting problem is over exaggerated, i see a lot of people which just dont know what to do and do the same obvious mistake over and over again, like pushing mid alone , facetanking everything , which can easely be mistaked for bots... Ofcourse i might be wrong on that, but i just feel like the boting problem is over exaggerated.

Currently i am in gold 2 with a full premade team (solo q for 3v3 just dont work imo when you face premade groups) and so far from all of the games i did i have seen 3 bots very late(early morning) when there are not much people playing spvp

@georgessj.4198 said:

The actual number of bots is very overexaggerated.Thats what someone who cant point out a bot whould say so.....

That is not exactly true, not agreeing with you does not mean that we cannot recognise bots. we can speculate on the actual numbers, but without evidence both things are just claims... Since we cannot prove the exact number of bots and we cannot be 100 % acurate on who is boting or not i dont thing this conversation will lead to any meaningfull end.

But as i said there are obvious bots and it is sad that anet dont do much about them

@Razakin.5386 youre right ... there are some things that are realy Bad balanced (for example C8nditions in general/Scourge/ fire trab stealth dh/ renegate/ shout heal spellbraker/ Granades of engi/ some herald skills that dealing too many damage) and they need like years to see that Bad balanced things. But actually they are work on a new Expansion and most other builds are in a good way of balance.

What I want to say .... there are only a view builds that arent balanced cause of one or two things that arent toutched on February Patch.... and its okayish since they are work on New e-specs.... so letz wait here to let them finish what they begin.

@Avatar.3568 said:

At least pvp still gets balance changes, pve and WvW can only cry....

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Lmao this games pvp has gotten so bad its actually sad. I tried to do some unranked tonight and in one night have had more players than I can count literally wandering around the map avoiding all fights while their teammates are team fighting mid, and their off somewhere not even near a node just wandering around lmao. I +1 for teammates that when the fight is won I'd leave than notice the teammate has left the node not even capped. I get there's newer players in unranked but this is something else entirely. Either for some reason these players are purposely doing these thing just to troll their team or their very badly programmed bots. If the next ranked season is as bad as I just witnessed unranked as being tonight than I hate to say it but this games pvp is at a definite all time sad state.

lol i can't understand how people don't realize that 90% of the players in unranked don't care about winning at all.

the other day someone was raging that we were fighting off point. like dude, who tf cares, its unranked and there was a good fight happening. why be a try hard in gw2 in this day and age man.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Lmao this games pvp has gotten so bad its actually sad. I tried to do some unranked tonight and in one night have had more players than I can count literally wandering around the map avoiding all fights while their teammates are team fighting mid, and their off somewhere not even near a node just wandering around lmao. I +1 for teammates that when the fight is won I'd leave than notice the teammate has left the node not even capped. I get there's newer players in unranked but this is something else entirely. Either for some reason these players are purposely doing these thing just to troll their team or their very badly programmed bots. If the next ranked season is as bad as I just witnessed unranked as being tonight than I hate to say it but this games pvp is at a definite all time sad state.

lol i can't understand how people don't realize that 90% of the players in unranked don't care about winning at all.

the other day someone was raging that we were fighting off point. like dude, who tf cares, its unranked and there was a good fight happening. why be a try hard in gw2 in this day and age man.

I normally mess around in ranked but dislike 2v2 and 3v3 cuz games not balanced for such and is more of a clown show than conquest if ur not playing a bunker aoe spam build, so I tried playing unranked. Sry if I go to a mid team fight thats 3v2 and one of my teammates is like 10 feet away having casual conversations in say chat like wow the views nice over the water here or is way off to the side checking out every corner of the map totally ignoring the fact that their in a pvp match im sry but that player is a pos wasting peoples time who que to actually play pvp and expect a the same of thier teammates. Why do these things? Why q unranked if u don't want to pvp as there's other modes for that. Yeah i get being toxic is silly if teammates are fighting off point in unranked cuz atleast their fighting and trying etc but if u just want rewards and wander around or blatantly play like u don't give a $hit about the match then quit being selfish and get rewards elsewhere so to not waste other players time, I know that's a crazy concept for most players as thier mentality is of a 6 year old and can't think past themselves or if u don't have a interest in pvp or atleast trying to win the match how about not q'ing for a TEAM pvp mode, I donno.Either way I found the best solution....to not load the game in the first place lol.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:I normally mess around in ranked but dislike 2v2 and 3v3 cuz games not balanced for such and is more of a clown show than conquest if ur not playing a bunker aoe spam build, so I tried playing unranked. Sry if I go to a mid team fight thats 3v2 and one of my teammates is like 10 feet away having casual conversations in say chat like wow the views nice over the water here or is way off to the side checking out every corner of the map totally ignoring the fact that their in a pvp match im sry but that player is a pos wasting peoples time who que to actually play pvp and expect a the same of thier teammates. Why do these things? Why q unranked if u don't want to pvp as there's other modes for that. Yeah i get being toxic is silly if teammates are fighting off point in unranked cuz atleast their fighting and trying etc but if u just want rewards and wander around or blatantly play like u don't give a $hit about the match then quit being selfish and get rewards elsewhere so to not waste other players time, I know that's a crazy concept for most players as thier mentality is of a 6 year old and can't think past themselves or if u don't have a interest in pvp or atleast trying to win the match how about not q'ing for a TEAM pvp mode, I donno.Either way I found the best solution....to not load the game in the first place lol.

i rarely if ever encounter a situation like you describe. as for wandering around not caring: bruh they q pvp cuz they want to pvp but not try hard. you're the one being selfish trying to impose your values on others. i know it sounds backwards, and trying to win is fine, but if you go out of your way to be salty and flame others then thats on you. you can't change the way people play the game so don't waste your energy. play to have fun maybe, idk.

Couple of days ago i desided to try a new class and build so i started with some practise on the dummys and after that i went to test it out in unranked... Ofcourse i was bad since i play it for first time and a person started raging at me . I explained to him that i play this for first time and i am trying to learn the build and improve with it, he continued raging at me and told me that UNRANKED is not the place to test builds .... I was speechless.... Where to test a spvp build if not in unranked ?

@razaelll.8324 said:Couple of days ago i desided to try a new class and build so i started with some practise on the dummys and after that i went to test it out in unranked... Ofcourse i was bad since i play it for first time and a person started raging at me . I explained to him that i play this for first time and i am trying to learn the build and improve with it, he continued raging at me and told me that UNRANKED is not the place to test builds .... I was speechless.... Where to test a spvp build if not in unranked ?

Unranked is exactly for testing builds and not a place to try hard so ignore them. If ur at least trying to contribute to fights and the match than whether u do well or not matters little in unranked.