Easy Condi Tempest solo build

TheQuickFox.3826

Update June 2021: With the recent improvement to Celestial it is very hard to not go full Celestial now.

Build link:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGBFsE2aUZBJMq0GTMTrsRGqjqzVbD-zxIY1ovPMSqiuUR7UEk9zbZrpN-e

Build template: [&DQYfFRoXMB91AHUAvgGRAHYSdhIcARwBJgCWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

Build Video:

Also: metabattle

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
Added video
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Update June 2021: With the recent improvement to Celestial it is very hard to not go full Celestial now.

Build link:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGBFsE2aUZBJMq0GTMTrsRGqjqzVbD-zxIY1ovPMSqiuUR7UEk9zbZrpN-e

Build template: [&DQYfFRoXMB91AHUAvgGRAHYSdhIcARwBJgCWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

Build Video:

Also: metabattle

I appreciate you sharing. But really, 11k DPS? On Golem no less. Why not just use this "build" instead? More damage and much easier.

1 hour ago, Sunshine.5014 said:

I appreciate you sharing. But really, 11k DPS? On Golem no less. Why not just use this "build" instead? More damage and much easier.

Because that was never the purpose of the builds I made in this thread. We have the zerker meta builds for that and I know them. Go look them up at metabattle. The casuals I have to rez all the time during fractals, world boss battles and meta events are running these builds. And then they complain that they run a 5 star meta build and still die before they know it. My builds are more protective, allow you to have a lot of sustain, take quite some damage, conditions and cc and be fine while STILL doing decent dps. I repeat: Decent DPS. Nowhere near top-tier DPS.

Easy.

ps. Nice work on the rev build. 😄

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Thanks 3

On 6/16/2021 at 4:52 AM, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Because that was never the purpose of the builds I made in this thread. We have the zerker meta builds for that and I know them. Go look them up at metabattle. The casuals I have to rez all the time during fractals, world boss battles and meta events are running these builds. And then they complain that they run a 5 star meta build and still die before they know it. My builds are more protective, allow you to have a lot of sustain, take quite some damage, conditions and cc and be fine while STILL doing decent dps. I repeat: Decent DPS. Nowhere near top-tier DPS.

Easy.

ps. Nice work on the rev build. 😄

I am still trying to make Celestial work, but I am skeptical that I can get better performance out of it than Trailblazer in PvE.  I ran Thaumanova the other day in full Trailblazer with undead rune and managed 42.7k DPS on Subject 6 (14 second burn).  This is a build with 3.5k armor that I can use to solo champions in open world (see my 40 second Balth solo with no dodge, no heal, and no rotation to water while maintaining 85%+ health for reference).  You would think Celestial would have a bit of an edge in short-ish burns like this, but I just can't even come close so far.

I'll let you know if I come up with anything, but I am losing faith in Cele as much as I want to make it work!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I am still trying to make Celestial work, but I am skeptical that I can get better performance out of it than Trailblazer in PvE.  I ran Thaumanova the other day in full Trailblazer with undead rune and managed 42.7k DPS on Subject 6 (14 second burn).  This is a build with 3.5k armor that I can use to solo champions in open world (see my 40 second Balth solo with no dodge, no heal, and no rotation to water while maintaining 85%+ health for reference).  You would think Celestial would have a bit of an edge in short-ish burns like this, but I just can't even come close so far.

I'll let you know if I come up with anything, but I am losing faith in Cele as much as I want to make it work!

Even when you can get Cele to work, please don't post a benchmark! Seriously, ANet will use that to say Ele is over performing, then nerf Ele without caring about Celestial.

• Confused 3

Just curious but is there a huge difference in performance between Dire gear and Trailblazer gear? I have been using the Weaver Condi Fire build that AliamRationem had listed in another thread and it's been doing pretty good for me with a full set of ascended dire gear. Stuff has been dying really REALLY fast and thus I am not so sure additional condi duration would be all that useful to me. On the other hand, I could maybe see greater duration time being useful for boss fights. My bonus condi duration is currently at 90%. Is there an advantage to pushing it further and if so, how much further should it go?

6 hours ago, Eraden.8740 said:

Just curious but is there a huge difference in performance between Dire gear and Trailblazer gear? I have been using the Weaver Condi Fire build that AliamRationem had listed in another thread and it's been doing pretty good for me with a full set of ascended dire gear. Stuff has been dying really REALLY fast and thus I am not so sure additional condi duration would be all that useful to me. On the other hand, I could maybe see greater duration time being useful for boss fights. My bonus condi duration is currently at 90%. Is there an advantage to pushing it further and if so, how much further should it go?

Condition duration caps at +100%.  Keep in mind if you are running Weaver's Prowess your cap is 80% (Weaver's Prowess grants 20% in combat via a buff that is continuously reapplied).

The advantage of Trailblazer is that you can run undead rune and end up with a little bit higher condition damage while also having a large amount of bleed duration and toughness over the Dire build.  However, for open world you're mostly relying on burning (80-90% in most cases), so you should see pretty similar results in terms of damage between both builds.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 10:18 PM, Sunshine.5014 said:

Even when you can get Cele to work, please don't post a benchmark! Seriously, ANet will use that to say Ele is over performing, then nerf Ele without caring about Celestial.

They're already thinking of their next elementalist nerf because we're still posting in elementalist forums =p

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 1:52 AM, SinisterSeven.2781 said:

They're already thinking of their next elementalist nerf because we're still posting in elementalist forums =p

Hm, Celestial is nice because it gives you everything. But here is how the DPS compares to a skilled condi dps build:

Cele:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlRsb26u2es

Trailblazer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHixou0yJDo

(Source)

I don't think Cele is OP. Purposes are just totally different. Cele is just a nice all-purpose stats combination and makes the game much easier to play. But if you want pure DPS, there are far better options.

• Haha 1