Double (Elder) Dragon achievement not advancing

I have done dragonstorm meta 3 times now. Once in story mode and twice public, each time on a separate day. My double elder dragon achievement is only at 1/5 though and I am pretty sure that one was when I did it in story mode, but I'm not 100% certain on that. But for sure I have completed the meta 3 times. What am I missing to get credit for this achievement? The 2 times I did it public I did only hit Jormag with the special action skill when we go flying up from the prism. I cant remember if I hit both of them in story mode or not, I was doing the instance with another person.

I just did it a 4th time and still sitting at 1/5 or 1/10 however you want to look at it.  I made sure to hit each dragon with the special action this time.  Still no advancement.  All the other achievements are advancing just fine.

3 hours ago, Vindaloovia.6543 said:

Hello, after the last Ryland/Braham bubble u need to go as fast as possible to the blue crystal where you get a special action skill to help Aurene.

thanks I will try that next time I run it, everything happens so fast in the public instances though!  I have always run to the prism when Aurene calls for help but tbh I don't think I have even noticed getting a special action skill there.  I just run up there and then she pulls everyone back

so I can now confirm that you HAVE to hit your special action to transfer power to Aurene for the kill to count towards the achievement.   This doesn't seem like very good design considering when you are in a full instance if you are a bit slow you wont make it to the crystal in time to even get the special action key....

I'm having the same issue and using the special action skill doesn't matter, it seems, as I have done that all 8 times I've done the instance. However my count is stuck at 5/10. I've even gotten other achievements while in the instance, so it's clear my being there is working, but my count will not advance past 5. The first 5 counted properly, but the last 3 just don't progress the achieve at all. Have even tried making sure that I swap from Ryland to Braham and  Primordus to Jormag to do some of everything, but still not working.

Done the event 4 times now and it's still at 0/10 for me.  I usually don't make it to the crystal in time, as I keep getting stuck in combat. 

It makes it more annoying that there is a Mastery point attached to this achievement.

Edited by udoh.5307
Mentioning Mastery point

Not working for me always either. Just did the event got the rewards and 1 more tick for Skritt Hot but no credit for Double (Elder) Dragon. This has happened more than the 7/10 I have.  Tried again and again no credit.

Edited by iker.5629

On 5/1/2021 at 4:26 PM, Moi.5013 said:

so I can now confirm that you HAVE to hit your special action to transfer power to Aurene for the kill to count towards the achievement.   This doesn't seem like very good design considering when you are in a full instance if you are a bit slow you wont make it to the crystal in time to even get the special action key....

Just don't bother breaking the last defiance bar and stand near the crystal ready to go. There's 70 of you in that map, a few people standing off to the side isn't going to fail it.

6 minutes ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

Just don't bother breaking the last defiance bar and stand near the crystal ready to go. There's 70 of you in that map, a few people standing off to the side isn't going to fail it.

I used the skill and participated in all of of it and twice running no update but I get the daily chest....  so it knows I was there....  

Same thing is happening to me.  My achievement count is stuck at 4/10.  Have been doing this event daily, using all the correct actions, using the F7 at the crystal in the end to help Aurene..... no credit.  I do get a chest and other achievements, but this is so annoying and a waste of time.  I have submitted a bug report. 

I wasn't aware this was the case. I was curious what was going on. I've been so frustrated with it. I've probably done Dragonstorm about 5-6 times, but yet only have 2/10 on the achievement. I'll have to camp out right next to the crystal at the end right before it pings the special action skill so I can finally get credit until A-Net does something about it.

I think if your special action key does not fully channel before she pulls you back you wont get credit but not sure.  I was able to finish mine by just skipping the last break bar phase and waiting at the crystal to hit the sp action key as soon as it came up.  Its definitely not good design because when you are in an instance with 80 people its hard to get back to the crystal and fully channel before her meter is full and she pulls you back.

• Like 2