Thief Has Too Much Blind Spam

1 minute ago, Jekkt.6045 said:

Who cares how hard or how easy a build is. The only thing that matters is how strong a build is. Once you get good enough the difficulty of a build pretty much becomes irrelevant.

I fully agree with you, but it still goes against everything the class is supposed to be imho.

2 minutes ago, eksn.7264 said:

I fully agree with you, but it still goes against everything the class is supposed to be imho.

That's a valid point. But then again, what even is the design philosophy of thief these days? Seems like they butchered everything thief was supposed to be.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Thief needs the daze on Headshot.

What it does not need is beyond 100% blind spam uptime.

Like you do realize how much blind is coming off these builds right? There is enough blind to where a person can cleanse a condi once per second or two perpetually, and that person would still be blinded 100% of the time.

I donno I find the blinds more helpful and with shsdowshot interrupting I wouldn't notice the 1/4 sec daze loss and would spam shsdowshot less.

13 hours ago, Jekkt.6045 said:

That's a valid point. But then again, what even is the design philosophy of thief these days? Seems like they butchered everything thief was supposed to be.

what was thief supposed to be?
it has 3 class mechanics
1 steal -> instant long range teleport through walls that gives skills
2 ini system -> your abilities have no cooldowns, instead you have " mana "
3 stealth attacks
Nothing in its kit is interactive in any way, shape or form. Nor is it interesting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lmao according to this community revs,thieves and mesmers aren't allowed strong condi builds, others classes are fine tho. Man anet must get tired of all the biased complaints against thief lol. Not liking a class or disliking fighting a class in no way means its op, just means u simply dislike it class design or weapon kit design, again does not mean its op and in need of nerfs in any way. This doesn't alway apply but with most nerf thief post in these forums I find it does. In the last couple yrs thief has never been a class I've felt was oppressive or dominate in either pvp or wvw and certainly not pve. Its great at spacific roles like roaming and decapping/+1'ing just as other classes are at certain roles that coincide with their design, I see doubles of guards,necro,revs and even rangers in matches far more than thief's, and there a reason.

Start complaining about real things that would improve the game, realistic things like changes to help push more class/spec diversity in each match, more game modes, ways to make EVERY class more enjoyable to play instead of trying to make classes u dislike or have trouble fighting less enjoyable to play. The games becoming barron because u guys are literally helping anet slowly suck the fun out of playing the classes by only ever complaining and crying for nerfs, even when a class isn't even dominating simply cuz its a unpopular design.

Lmao the post that appeared above while typing shows my piont.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

They'll get upset over Mortar blinds, but Smokescreen that also destroys projectiles so its even more uninteractive? That's fine they say. Forums never change 🙂

Ur right, thief in fight sustain being the same as engi/holo's their blinds should be equal as well.

U can't compare indevidual skills between classes due to the fact the classes are so different.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Ur right, thief in fight sustain being the same as engi/holo's their blinds should be equal as well.

U can't compare indevidual skills between classes due to the fact the classes are so different.

Wow, thank you forum user. I'll never do that again. You can't compare a skill directly to another skill on a different class and say make it the same, but you should compare it to other skills that do the same general thing for more context. Smokescreen is easily overperforming right now, and is 100% within grounds for a nerf. Probably not the skill itself, but instead making the Hidden Thief CD reduction 10%, as it buffs some of the strongest utilities around, most of which are taken with other deceptions too, like the current Condi Thief build that can take up to 4 or even 5 deceptions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/6/2021 at 9:33 AM, Grimjack.8130 said:

Wow, thank you forum user. I'll never do that again. You can't compare a skill directly to another skill on a different class and say make it the same, but you should compare it to other skills that do the same general thing for more context. Smokescreen is easily overperforming right now, and is 100% within grounds for a nerf. Probably not the skill itself, but instead making the Hidden Thief CD reduction 10%, as it buffs some of the strongest utilities around, most of which are taken with other deceptions too, like the current Condi Thief build that can take up to 4 or even 5 deceptions.

No u really can't compare two skills even if they are generally doing the same thing because each class as a whole has to be considered and the skill balanced for that individual class. A class that has more in fight sustain, a design that's more favorable to sustain itself in a fight could have a blind skill very similar to another class but that other class may not have a design favorable to staying in fights ling and may require a more potent blind skill to allow it to do such, sure even with smoke screen as is thief still isn't as effective at staying in a fight as holo but its more potent smokescreen helps it to atleast have some viability. A holo with a smoke screen skill sure id say its overperforming due to the classes over all design at already being strong when it comes to in fight sustain, but on a thief its fine as is imo.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 1

Nice bait title.

"Teef has too much blind!" --> there's a single thief utility that has bad design. While I agree Smokescreen should see some changes, eventually, it's not among the most problematic skills in the game atm.

If you're honestly complaining about Shadow Shot, imagine how much initiative the thief must spend on a telegraphed skill just to keep you blinded for a few seconds in a row.

Edited by NorthernRedStar.3054
  • Like 4