Will the expansion-like IBS get a legendary gear like Aurora and Vision?

BlueJin.4127

Totally the opposite for me. As a WvW and T4 Fractal/Strike/Raid player I have a whole lot of different builds on half a dozen different classes and am changing them pretty frequently.

For me the legendary armory is all about QoL and being able to swap sigils and runes and stats to my heart's content. Also, one set of trinkets that can go on all characters and builds with no need to even think about periodically grinding Bloodstone Fen, Ember Bay or  Bitterfrost is a big deal. I have one or two characters where one or two of the auras suit. Having to have all of them turned on, plus multiple AR auras,  on all characters would completely invalidate it for me. It would be a visual horror show.

You are really saying you cannot see the point of the legendary armory for you, as weapons and armor can already be transmuted, you don't mind having loads of ascended trinkets and (presumably) reacquiring them when builds change. Fair enough, but I don't think you are as typical as you think you are.

Edited by Jong.5937
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

I think there's a chance we'll see legendary armors and other trinkets obtainable through casual PVE in EoD. With the armory coming up, I'm sure a lot of casual players (at least more than before the armory) would like to fill up all their slots with legendaries. As an alt-oholic, I know that's my goal, but only if I can do it through casual (mostly open world) PVE.

I burned out on instances in WoW, so I'm not really into fractals. I have yet to get enough fractal research pages to make 1 journal. I also definitely don't want to deal with any more drama from high difficulty instances, like t4 fractals and raids. I also never liked competitive modes in MMO's, and this game is no exception. Both PvP and WvW are uninteresting to me. Also, grinding WvW dailies to get GoB's is really burning me out...

After making a wvw set+ring and the pvp set +backback, I found wvw the lesser of the two evils, although PvP does give fat gold and helps to pay for itself, shame both sets are time gated, either by seasons or ST. I never touched raids which is 'the pve' set. I have been putting the 3 seasons of pvp off i need to do for my last set in leu of finishing off a few weapons. 

I am dancing for joy that i can get an amulet without extra pvp. Do I think IBS will give me anymore? No they are done.

5 hours ago, Dami.5046 said:

After making a wvw set+ring and the pvp set +backback, I found wvw the lesser of the two evils, although PvP does give fat gold and helps to pay for itself, shame both sets are time gated, either by seasons or ST. I never touched raids which is 'the pve' set. I have been putting the 3 seasons of pvp off i need to do for my last set in leu of finishing off a few weapons. 

I am dancing for joy that i can get an amulet without extra pvp. Do I think IBS will give me anymore? No they are done.

Perhaps EoD might have new options for PvE legendary armor, since raids is getting binned by Anet.

1 hour ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Perhaps EoD might have new options for PvE legendary armor, since raids is getting binned by Anet.

with the armoury, i would like to think they will give 'options' if the idea is to make people want to buy gems for gold to make the sets. I would ask them to improve the fugly skins but that's another cash cow for them.

Since you'll have to do LW2, 3, 4, and IBS to get the amulet, this would be it. Count on these "new collections" requiring you to complete a lot of the resource sinks in IBS. So realistically it is Icebrood's legendary item.

Since they included previous season currencies in IBS vendors, it will be a guarantee sink.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 1:20 AM, Ayrilana.1396 said:

That's marketing and I believe they've even called it season 5 in a couple of their streams.

Was trying to find a source and saw that one of them referred to it as a season in the reveal event video.  That's not what I'm thinking of from above.

in the game files they called it S5 = Season 5. thx thatshaman ^^
The term saga + content of an extension is just a failed marketing.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0ywV5TWQAIOHa3?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1