Let us hide trinket visual effects (Aurora, Vision, etc.)

Ideally I would prefer to see a "standard character outfits" option in a drop-down with "standard character models."

Nothing is more immersion-breaking than having one party member in a 20th Century t-shirt and shorts, another in lingerie, another with 50 particle effects, etc.  But "standard character models" also hurts immersion by making everyone the same race.

If you want a giant Norn with grizzled hair and a big scar for role-playing reasons, that's a great idea that I want to see.  I don't want your model subbed out for GENERIC FANTASY HUMAN.  But once you stick him in pajamas, I'm annoyed.

• Like 1

I was thinking that maybe the reason A-net force us into this uncomfortable position is that they assume if people think that other people might turn off the effects from their gem-store bought outfit, then they might not bother buying it.  I mean what other reasons can you think of for not letting us turn the darn effects off?

Edited by Joote.4081
  • Like 1

I just want to say that I totally agree as well.
Not being able to hide the visuals of legendary trinkets is pretty much the reason why I haven't tried to go for them until now, even though I would really like to get them for their practicality.

I don't understand why there is the option to get non-visual legendary trinkets from WvW and PvP but not from PvE.

PLEASE add the option to hide trinket visuals same as it is already with the back item :-( I really don't understand what is keeping you guys from implementing this :-(

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

<- Has Legendary Trinkets, only uses them on 2 characters because the aesthetics and visual noise ruin the look of my other characters.

At most I only use 2 PvE legendaries together because the third effect wont work on any of them. I love the legendary armor for cleaning up my inventory by reducing the amount of different-statted accessories I have to lug around, but I won't use it if it's going to detract from outfits I spent hours designing with globular light-vomit! The ability to transmog or hide them would be much appreciated!

Edited by Seremela the Elf Mage.1748
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
9 minutes ago, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

Seeing as you know the game code so well by what you claim here, I expect you to have it finished in a week's time.

The poster posted their simple solution to infusion effects in a two year old thread about trinkets so I dare to doubt that.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

Seeing as you know the game code so well by what you claim here, I expect you to have it finished in a week's time.

I expect it would be hard to do also. However, IF they could, the check box should read turn off all OTHER players effects. 

• Confused 3