Why Path of Scars does not damage at all?

anduriell.6280

Path of Scars is an skill which has 2 parts. The first part is a normal piercing attack. The second one when the axe return is a pull. 

I understand the pull to have a 0.1 coeficient, but the first part is also nerfed. 

Would it be possible to restore that part to have damage? It kind of makes the skill feels super unrewarding to use. 

• Like 2

Good question. Other CC skills which consist of multihits are still dealing their former damage on all hits which are not delivering the CC.

Examples:

- thunderclap (scrapper hammer 5)

- pistol whip

- prime light beam (lingering field above 50 heat)

So yeah, they should give the first hit the damage back. Not just because the skill itself feels unrewarding without it, but also for the sake of consistency.

• Like 5

It should feel rewarding when you manage to pull someone with it having to actually aim rather than using the cheesier pulls other classes have that are basically autoaimed/aoe area pulls. 

My only real gripe with it, isn’t the lack of damage, it’s that it’s only a 450 range pull, it should pull the target allllllll the way to you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

It should feel rewarding when you manage to pull someone with it having to actually aim rather than using the cheesier pulls other classes have that are basically autoaimed/aoe area pulls. 

My only real gripe with it, isn’t the lack of damage, it’s that it’s only a 450 range pull, it should pull the target allllllll the way to you.

I'd honestly rather it become one of those targeted pulls that lands consistently than gaining damage.

• Like 2

you can make it hit for 5k it still gonna suck as its almost impossible to land on anything that is moving
axe 4 is the main reason why lb + sword/axe isnt a thing and everyone just uses gs instead, if axe 4 was reliable way to CC people would have an option of using an axe

• Like 3

I suppose ANETs  thinking is ranger has plenty of pulls so why fix path of scars . Problem is Prelude slash is  barely a pull since its range is only 300 and  although Fang Grapple has  a 1200 range , it  fails  99.9% of the time simply because the pet is always out of position making it slow and unpredictable . Snap to target for Path of Scars  is just as useless  because line of sight is lost and won't target because that's also far to slow .

So  if you actually land  a hit with Path of Scars , you should immediately by a lottery ticket because your the luckiest person in the game . .

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 8:33 PM, Mokk.2397 said:

I suppose ANETs  thinking is ranger has plenty of pulls so why fix path of scars . Problem is Prelude slash is  barely a pull since its range is only 300 and  although Fang Grapple has  a 1200 range , it  fails  99.9% of the time simply because the pet is always out of position making it slow and unpredictable . Snap to target for Path of Scars  is just as useless  because line of sight is lost and won't target because that's also far to slow .

So  if you actually land  a hit with Path of Scars , you should immediately by a lottery ticket because your the luckiest person in the game . .

Can be done. The problem is the range is too low and slow. The pull at max range means you have to run in enemy direction before you can cast axe5, by then it’s too late and enemy already used stunbreak or reposition. Increase pull speed and range, increase axe5 radius by like 60 points. Also fix split blade, absolutely worthless skill.

• Like 1