Mesmer rupts

SoulGuardian.6203

Please bring back mesmer interrupts.

One of the ES could be replaced and used to substitute clones to interrupt skills.

Also empathy and skills of that nature was so much fun in gw1.

I used to love mesmer in gw1, but now its my least played class.

I feel that atleast mesmers could have double pistols.

I like the great sword skills actually, but feel that GS fits heavy and medium armour classes better, and them skills should be used as an alt staff used as stave (Melee) aswell as...

Perhaps an offhand dagger too.

I'm really not keen at all of clones, and impo I feel they just get in the way.

Clones should be used with illusion ES only, and not attached to any particular weapon.

Not having interrupts, and other mesmer skills from gw1 really shortened the possibilities of what you can do with mesmer, and so clones took over. 

Fits Illusion well, but domination should be based on interrupts and other duel manipulation skills.

I'd like to see the bottom row of Domination become a good interrupt line. Skills from GW1 that could be used in GW2:

Dom traits:

Power Drain (Adept trait) - Interrupts grant you health (no ICD).

Power Leech - (Major trait) - Interrupts place exhaustion on enemies for 2 seconds (no ICD, exhaustions don't stack).

Rework of skills:

Leech Signet(Skill) replaces Signet of inspiration - Passive effect: all your interrupts grant you health. Active: Instant cast. Daze foe. If a skill was interrupted gain a large amount of health. Traited with Blurred Inscriptions: affects target foe and nearby foes (5 total). Gain health for each foe interrupted.

Power Spike (Skill) - Daze target foe. If the foe is interrupted, deal damage.

Power Lock (Skill) - Daze target foe. If the foe is interrupted, stun them instead.

Edited by Hackuuna.4085
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Hackuuna.4085 said:

I'd like to see the bottom row of Domination become a good interrupt line. Skills from GW1 that could be used in GW2:

Dom traits:

Power Drain (Adept trait) - Interrupts grant you health (no ICD).

Power Leech - (Major trait) - Interrupts place exhaustion on enemies for 2 seconds (no ICD, exhaustions don't stack).

Rework of skills:

Leech Signet(Skill) replaces Signet of inspiration - Passive effect: all your interrupts grant you health. Active: Instant cast. Daze foe. If a skill was interrupted gain a large amount of health. Traited with Blurred Inscriptions: affects target foe and nearby foes (5 total). Gain health for each foe interrupted.

Power Spike (Skill) - Daze target foe. If the foe is interrupted, deal damage.

Power Lock (Skill) - Daze target foe. If the foe is interrupted, stun them instead.

A heavier focus on interrupting would be cool but I imagine the crying would get grating pretty fast. People still complain about being pulled by the 1 second delayed temporal curtain. If they can't react to a 1 second tell imagine the tears about not being able to cast anything with a 1 second cast.

• Thanks 1

I think you are too hang up on GW1. The GW1 mesmer mechanic was all about interupting skill channeling because that was the only way a „confusion” kind of class could be materialised.

Now clones bring the confusion bit and also dazes/stuns break skill channeling. So in fact Mesmer lost nothing in my opinion. The confusion and torment conditions do the job of skills like backfire or empathy from GW1 as well. And Mesmer applies them the best in the whole game.

Lack of cc is not a thing at all, especially mirage is full of cc:

sword ambush

mantra of distraction

F3 shatter

active signet (the one granting condi damage)

Pistol 5

staff 5

GS 5

torch 5

i probably still missed something. So yeah I think all is there it’s just that it doesn’t feel the same as GW1 which leads people to believe GW2 Mesmer is random.

Edited by Mik.3401
Typo

Regardless, it does not have the same satisfying feel as interrupting a foe/opponent as it used to.

It was clearly visible when you did so as it would knock back/down the opponent and the effects were also clear.

You knew what each skill did with clarity and there was a visible phisical indication that it did.

Especially against elementalists, when they began activating a spell and you quickly used an interrupt skill.

Also some rupts had a delay time that would trigger when the opponent attacked or used a skill. I believe Web of #something# (TBE), 

Had that effect and was very effective against melee weapon users.

Now it's all too confusing.

I don't know what is going on while in combat.

Again, mesmer is my least played class. 

I never really liked it much since the beggining. 

When I started playing years ago and there were no skills such as Empathy, energy tap, cry of frustration, etc etc... and saw clones spawn instead, I was like "What is going on here?"

I hoped they atleast did some significant damage, but they are worse than GW1 Warriors, which look like they are hitting against a Huge Rock with a toothpick.

In other words, if they had eternal manifestation time, they'd might defeat a lvl 5 moa, by this time next year.

😬

Nah, it's not the same by any stretch of the imagination. 

Now, considering the ping, if it's not possible to use the same split-second interrupts, atleast give us the time delayed ones, and make it clear that they activate by knocking back/down foes or some clear indication that they have triggered. 

A star spiral emitter, or some other special effect. 

What about hexes too?

Life and energy steal.

Prolong foes recharge time of skills.

Disable skills for a certain time.

Copy skills. ( I love this one )

Example:

Disable a foe's random skill. This skill becomes that skill for 60 seconds.

The next skill that foe uses is interrupted/Disabled. Foe loses #X Health and this skill becomes that skill for 30 seconds.

Mesmer was so much more than clones man.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/20/2021 at 4:48 PM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Regardless, it does not have the same satisfying feel as interrupting a foe/opponent as it used to.

It was clearly visible when you did so as it would knock back/down the opponent and the effects were also clear.

You knew what each skill did with clarity and there was a visible phisical indication that it did.

Especially against elementalists, when they began activating a spell and you quickly used an interrupt skill.

Also some rupts had a delay time that would trigger when the opponent attacked or used a skill. I believe Web of #something# (TBE), 

Had that effect and was very effective against melee weapon users.

Now it's all too confusing.

I don't know what is going on while in combat.

Again, mesmer is my least played class. 

I never really liked it much since the beggining. 

When I started playing years ago and there were no skills such as Empathy, energy tap, cry of frustration, etc etc... and saw clones spawn instead, I was like "What is going on here?"

I hoped they atleast did some significant damage, but they are worse than GW1 Warriors, which look like they are hitting against a Huge Rock with a toothpick.

In other words, if they had eternal manifestation time, they'd might defeat a lvl 5 moa, by this time next year.

😬

Nah, it's not the same by any stretch of the imagination. 

Now, considering the ping, if it's not possible to use the same split-second interrupts, atleast give us the time delayed ones, and make it clear that they activate by knocking back/down foes or some clear indication that they have triggered. 

A star spiral emitter, or some other special effect. 

What about hexes too?

Life and energy steal.

Prolong foes recharge time of skills.

Disable skills for a certain time.

Copy skills. ( I love this one )

Example:

Disable a foe's random skill. This skill becomes that skill for 60 seconds.

The next skill that foe uses is interrupted/Disabled. Foe loses #X Health and this skill becomes that skill for 30 seconds.

Mesmer was so much more than clones man.

The problem is: how do u balance that in PvP? By having it litterally do 0 damage. Which would make it entirely redundent. There's no balance there realistically. 

Or being insane CDs on these abilities so they lack value. 

These sorts of things cannot exist in a game which features PvP. Without causing serious issues this would be ridiculously overpowered in gw2. 

Imho Hex's could come back and I wouldn't be surprised if they make Hex's our new elites mechanic and simply adding text to the current clone based traits to convert the effects to Hex's. 

I imagine instead of clones the abilities will directly attack the enemy players mind. 

Life/energy steal went to necromancers. 

Prolonged CDs already is a mesmer thing. That's what happens when u interupt a enemy players cast. 

Disabling skills feeds into point 1. We already have it 

Copy skills that sorta idea went to thief who got steal. 

Here's something to aknowledge. 

It doesn't matter that you don't like mesmer, nor is it relevant. The reason there's more then 1 class is to facilitate the fact we don't all want to be mesmers. Stop throwing it around as if that's realistically a actual problem 

The fact you don't like mesmer isn't a game problem, play a different class. We do not need to feed toxic unfun abilities into a class just so you will play it. 

The fact you don't like mesmer is a good thing. Because if everyone loves every class. It's generally a sign of homogenisation. As if classes are distinct enough there will always be a population who hate it. 

To try label mesmers down as "clone men" is ridiculous also. 

Mesmers are key interupters they are scarey with what they can interupt and prevent usuage of. 

Mesmers are key to portal stratagies. 

Mesmers have multiple builds which feed into important boons for the group. 

Mesmers offer a very unusual unique playstyle which no other game offers. The class isn't comparable to other games. 

Just because you don't like something. Doesn't mean it needs to change. We all have classes we dislike. It doesn't mean they need to change however. Your ideas aren't balancable without nerfing it's DPS into the litteral floor. Which would basically strip the class of performance at anything else. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1

That's your oppinion and you're entitled to it.

However, in GW1, if you didn't like a certain aspect of a class, you could change it.

For instance: Warrior/Paragon, Warrior/Ranger, Etc etc.

A lot of people in pvp used Ele/Paragon with air magic and energy storage.

I like every single class in gw1 because they are unique, yet customisable to our own personal taste.

Here, you either play clones or don't play at all.

That's what you're saying.

Well, that's wrong... You're wrong.

I am entitled to play mesmer as much as anybody else, and should be able to.

But the vast customisation just isn't there.

You get clones rammed down your throat and you either like it or play something else.

This is why so many people never gave gw2 a second look. Fact!

I'm not making this up.

If you go to forums and watch videos on youtube, you'll see for yourself.

Also, stating my oppinion isn't toxic at all.

There's nothing toxic about stating my thoughts and actually give some constructive criticism in order to attempt to improve the game.

...or are you one of those that if you had kids, you'd say "broccoli for dinner. Either eat that or go hungry." 

See what I'm saying?

I'm a paying costumer, and intent to spend money on this game for many years to come.

As a consumer, I expect my oppinion to be heard and be taken seriously.

If I go eat at a restaurant and ask for a T Bone because I feel like it and they're not able to provide, I won't go back there.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

That's your oppinion and you're entitled to it.

However, in GW1, if you didn't like a certain aspect of a class, you could change it.

For instance: Warrior/Paragon, Warrior/Ranger, Etc etc.

A lot of people in pvp used Ele/Paragon with air magic and energy storage.

I like every single class in gw1 because they are unique, yet customisable to our own personal taste.

Here, you either play clones or don't play at all.

That's what you're saying.

Well, that's wrong... You're wrong.

I am entitled to play mesmer as much as anybody else, and should be able to.

But the vast customisation just isn't there.

You get clones rammed down your throat and you either like it or play something else.

This is why so many people never gave gw2 a second look. Fact!

I'm not making this up.

If you go to forums and watch videos on youtube, you'll see for yourself.

Also, stating my oppinion isn't toxic at all.

There's nothing toxic about stating my thoughts and actually give some constructive criticism in order to attempt to improve the game.

...or are you one of those that if you had kids, you'd say "broccoli for dinner. Either eat that or go hungry." 

See what I'm saying?

I'm a paying costumer, and intent to spend money on this game for many years to come.

As a consumer, I expect my oppinion to be heard and be taken seriously.

If I go eat at a restaurant and ask for a T Bone because I feel like it and they're not able to provide, I won't go back there.

ur correct. we are all entitled to play mesmer. if u want to play Mesmer play mesmer.

your correct ur a paying consumer. just like me.

So stop throwing ur "consumer entitlement" at me lol, i didnt call ur opinon toxic. i said if u put those mechanics into GW2 it will be toxic in gameplay . but if u put it into the game. they wouldbe toxic to the game. they arent balancable and by default bad Design considering how much of mesmer would have to be gutted to bring ur ideas in.

u cant have a Assassin class with those abilities. and gutting the damagew out of it  will make it redundent regardless of what u replace it with. theres too much CC in this game and U saying "its confusing i cant see it" doesnt make it "not there".

Mesmer has Disrupts. it has the ability to put enemy abilities on CD. it has Limitations for the sake of BALANCING.

U can call it what u want. but ur gonna have to accept. Someone hates everything, just because a youtube video says they dont like mesmer doesnt mean mesmer needs to change. the reason multitudes of classes exist is to give you options.

ur "limitless options" dont work by todays Standards, because anything 5% the top is considered unviable in todays Gaming communities. you'll just screech when the balancing means ur playstyle isnt warranted in Raids/groups/PvP.

GW1 is GW1... GW2 is GW2. these are different games they arent susposed to play the same, because if they did. they'd be deviding their playerbase across 2 games that do identical things, this would kill the Game not build it up.

your claims are exaggerated, ur trying to tell me Mesmer is what needs to change to improve the game?

the abandonment of WvWvW is smaller then ur problem with mesmer

the bad balancing is smaller then ur problem with mesmer?

the bad decisions is smaller then your problemwith mesmer?

the performance issues is smaller then your problem with mesmer?

no Mesmer doesnt even touch the sides when it comes to why people quit the game, People Rerolled because they dont like mesmer. Like any normal human would.

Accept others Like it and find something that is for you, if they try build every class to fit every player to ensure every player loves every class, this games balancing and fundamental design would be broken. and Proclaiming a game of a different era is evidence to it working is BS.

WOW Classic highlighted the Fact ur old "game design" isnt something that can be brought bakc. gaming players these days Optimise, we DPS Race, We Log, We rule options out by default to Reach for the best. GW2 has TONS of options within it. the difference is these days the playstyles are defined by class Choice and Not which abilities you take.

GW2 isnt GW1 it'll never be GW1 because GW2s job is to attract the people who arent playing GW1 to increase the fanbase of the COMPANY. not tunnel vision the same audience again and again, GW1 mesmer wouldnt WORK in GW2. because GW2 plays DIFFERENTLY.

to shape the game to push ur ideas in would require across the board class Reworks, Balancing reworks, Gameplay reworks and more. to ensure other classes could cope with the introduction of such a thing. when u reliese how much work would have to go into it to make ur ideas a reality. u can see quite clearly why its a bad idea.

u cant walk into a forum and just be like "well i dont like it so it should change" isnt right. Ur litterally asking for a Class to be taken away from the Player pool who Do enjoy Mesmer for ur Own purposes. why cant u see ur Ideas Directly damage some elses preferences?

and before u say "added options" it isnt. the entire class has to be balanced Around those option. which means the class will fundamentally take several DPS Nerfs. be reduced down to a Utility class, and Lose options to give the class the options u want. when u have to balance the concepts its no longer "added options" its "replacing current options".

u cant just slap those ideas on Mesmer with 0 adjustment it'll be Overpowered and Stupidly strong.. so then the class gets Nerfed and suddenly Mesmers incapable of filling a DPS Role anymore. and boom. u just took away someones love for Mesmer DPS. so why do u get to decide that?.

just accept thje fact u arent the majority here... lol. thats just the way it is, plenty dislike mesmer.. few actually want it thematically changed.. because the people who dont like it didnt roll it. we all have different loves.. and we all will have inidivual ideas we personally want

I hate AI, should we delete ranger pets outright to cater to me?

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I sense a bit of hostility and aggressiveness on your behalf, especially with several caps.

Now that is toxic behaviour.

You don't need to put it across as if you are shouting. No one here is stupid.

I would actually class it as unecessary. 

If you don't like the post about mesmer interrupts, you're more than welcome to not reply again.

I actually appreciate it.

Is it that you doubt of devs capabilities to change the game, or is it that you are trying so hard to make it look like the idea is inconceivable? 

When you talk on the behalf of the "Majority" that actually likes mesmer the way it is now, you mean just you and a handfull of players.

..and yes, I will say add to it... is an option.

If you read all my posts, you'd see that I even gave ideas not to get rid of clones altogether, but just change atleast one Elite Spec, for instance Domination, which would replace clones. 

If interrupts already exist in some form, then why are you getting so worked out about it?

It seems like you're taking this personally because you hated being interrupted back in GW1?

I'm more than happy to read through your opinions, but please don't patronise me.

I have pretty good knowledge about game development. 

It's not as dramatic as you make it sound.

Hence why the devs are always releasing new balance patches.

If an option to replace clones with more rupts or hexes was added, and you don't wanna use it, why would it bother you at all?

Or is it that you don't wanna face a mesmer as it was?

What are you going to say to the devs that are working on the xpac?

Most likely there will be new ES or more balance patches... "oh no, devs, don't do it because I'm up against it"? "You'll destroy mesmer..." so on so forth?

They released a last patch in gw1 back in 2011 ish, completely destroying warrior which was already bad as it was.

So you can never say never. 

All this game balancing you're on about as an excuse to oppose mesmer interrupts is mostly bs.

Quit the drama please.

You don't know what the devs have in mind.

They might change something in mesmers that in your opinion may seem worse than what I'm suggesting here.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I sense a bit of hostility and aggressiveness on your behalf, especially with several caps.

Now that is toxic behaviour.

You don't need to put it across as if you are shouting. No one here is stupid.

I would actually class it as unecessary. 

If you don't like the post about mesmer interrupts, you're more than welcome to not reply again.

I actually appreciate it.

Is it that you doubt of devs capabilities to change the game, or is it that you are trying so hard to make it look like the idea is inconceivable? 

When you talk on the behalf of the "Majority" that actually likes mesmer the way it is now, you mean just you and a handfull of players.

..and yes, I will say add to it... is an option.

If you read all my posts, you'd see that I even gave ideas not to get rid of clones altogether, but just change atleast one Elite Spec, for instance Domination, which would replace clones. 

If interrupts already exist in some form, then why are you getting so worked out about it?

It seems like you're taking this personally because you hated being interrupted back in GW1?

I'm more than happy to read through your opinions, but please don't patronise me.

Hence why the devs are always releasing new balance patches.

If an option to replace clones with more rupts or hexes was added, and you don't wanna use it, why would it bother you at all?

Or is it that you don't wanna face a mesmer as it was?

What are you going to say to the devs that are working on the xpac?

Most likely there will be new ES or more balance patches... "oh no, devs, don't do it because I'm up against it"? "You'll destroy mesmer..." so on so forth?

They released a last patch in gw1 back in 2011 ish, completely destroying warrior which was already bad as it was.

So you can never say never. 

All this game balancing you're on about as an excuse to oppose mesmer interrupts is mostly bs.

Quit the drama please.

You don't know what the devs have in mind.

They might change something in mesmers that in your opinion may seem worse than what I'm suggesting here.

nothing to do with the idea being Inconcivable. the problem is how large scale the change would have to be would likely pretty much inevitably remove content releases for the next 2 years. Lets face it in the grand scale of things this game dont get many... games sat on the same amount of fractals for example for how long now?.. no updating of any raids so they've become a meme for players who clear them?... when was the last dungeon?

As i said the ideas Concivable. Rip out the Mesmers DPS and this build would be fine. but u cant be a CC Machine and a DPS.. that cannot happen. but once you take this into account.. is everyone going to be happy with the concept of Mesmers No longer having a DPS Role?..

lets honestly look at what a Mesmer can currently do.

50k DPS + Alacrity Uptime. 30k Auto attack Alacrity with some very strong condi and power builds to boot. it has a glass cannon build in SPVP which can 1 shot someone if pulled off cleanly.

Now how u gonna Stack the capability to CC lock CD Lock and Extending enemy player cooldowns.

So what this is shaping to be, is a New Elite specc. Because its the only way you could Disable enough of Mesmers kit to realistically put something like this in the game. which Yes does affect the Entire playerbase in demand. not everyone wants Mesmer to get Yet another CC / Support build.

Chronomancer - Support. Heavily nerfed now but Was Support. now used as a Tank.

Mirage - been turned into a Alacrity tool.

the class has so many Tools fit into it now that the class is Referred to as "Chrono jail". Many dont want that to get even worse.

and no the Balancing isnt Dramatic, Please name other proffessions tools which could cope with the conditions ur saying should be introduced?..

Please explain to me. how ur Purely active based Elementalist. is gonna Survive having its CDs Ramped upwards, its Skills locked down and going against a 1 shot worthy Burst capability?.. how ur elementalist gonna fight that?.. and thats just one example. Most classes in this game are Dependent on their abilities. Auto attack Damage is actually fairly low comparitively.

Classes Cannot fight Without abilities in GW2. u would end up with teams running 2 Disruption Mesmers and Just having 1 Sat on each Point they'd 2 point the games through just CC Locking down players and having their Partner one shot them.

now. With Mesmers Traitlines etc etc. you'd need to rework the class fundamentally to fit this into it.. and More. a Rework is Changing the class. if u change the class u take the Mesmer AWAY from the current player pool it holds for the sake of what u want it to be. Now Saying ur a entitled Consumer..doesnt take away from the fact what ur trying to do is take a playstyle away from other entitled consumers.

otherwise EoD Mesmer elite will be a broken mess, where half its Traits dont make sense or fit into it.. and it'll be left to be some half-assed attempt at a CC Bot with no damage and having to swallow Traits it cant even make use of because half the Mesmers Traitlines are directly related to its shatter mechanic.

on your theory of "majorities" i dont proclaim to be a Majority. but theres no evidence you are either. what i can say is tho, i dont hear alot of people screeching for Mesmer to be changed to be more of a utility specc and no "Fanmade Elite speccs" surrounding it either.

I see A awful lot of demand for Bard.. which would lead me to think the majority actually want Bard and by the looks of it change the Clones into Stationary Musical Effects instead which work by the looks of it similar to traps.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

P.S as towards you saying im patronizing you etc etc, im not.. My writing just can come across in directions i dont fully intend.

I just see these concepts as Reasons for the playerbase to push further nerfing down Mesmers throats. the reason Mesmer is what u describe is because in GW2 the Mesmers Other tools have been nerfed repeatively Mesmers havent been allowed other tools because the outcry results in further nerfing.

Mesmers Damage goes Wild when it gets tools. look at chronos release period. It had TONS of tools, Support, Healing, Disables. the wells Were huge.. the problem was Everything got nerfed. Chrono got repeatively nerfed. til it became another DPS Tool, its Support gutted, Wells Nerfed, it lost F4.

your idea would require fundamental work realistically. because u cant just take Shatters out. the traitlines are Too far intwined with shatters to realistically not be a problem otherwise.

Like the example i gave above. a Elementalist could never fight those concepts u put forward, u'd delete that class by sheerly existing. because its entire Kit is built on thje ability to use Abilities, lowest defences, Lowest hp. it lives on its abilitys having evades and more. u disable those thats a Dead Ele.

and thats just the easiest example

GW2 is a ability Driven game. Disabling those abilities. Most proffessions can no longer cast

Why do u think mesmers interupts got nerfed in the current patch??.. because their too problematic. if they're forced to nerf mesmers Current interupts. why do u think putting More interupts into mesmer is a good idea?... like the proof is right there. it'll get nerfed sooooo hard.

Anet will nerf anything. if a outcry is loud enough why? because its Casual playerbase Cant play around this, its not casual Friendly. and Sadly Anets Income depends on the casual playerbase, they outnumber hardcore or Strategic Players who want more Severe conditions.

i mean honestly

Chronomancer. Lost all its Support and most of its valued utility.

Mirage Lost a Dodge entirely..

both these resulted in both of them going through massive Spikes in performance and even stopped them being in Competitive SPVP entirely.

Whats mesmer gonna lose this time round for ur ideas. its pretty obvious why Mesmers would be scared of such extreme ideas for the class.. because it isnt "yay we get a new utility" its "oh crap what we losing for this change then?"

now i wouldnt be suprised if a "hex" system does return.. but i cant see them Taking clones out of the class Entirely for a elite specc. Purely because The new elite has to able to utilise core traitlines and they have too much involvement with clones.

So if they did take it out of F1-F4. to give us hexs, the elite will get traps, which utilise Clones which spawn upon walking over the traps. then said traitlines could enhance the clones spawned by those traps. but that sorta build would Ensure usuage of said Traps in alot of cases. which means Clones will still be apart of the situation.

I cant see them making CC/CCLocking even more prevelent then it already is. i think if they did it'd get nerfed awfully quickly. the playerbase Uproar Massively when it comes to the existance of these things in GW2. Just look at prior attemptes at creating this much. chronomancers a good example at a Once strong utility/support specc. that had its soul ripped out for the sake of "Balance"

as far as im concerned chrono got its gut ripped out, and so did mirage to some extent. I dont wanna see a 3rd Elite get smashed in efforts to balance problems from its mechanics being considered terrible in game.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

In that case, what about hexes?

Do you think that it's something that can be added as an option to replace clones without nerfing it or cause conflicts with other classes?

For instance Empathy.

( Foe loses #X health everytime it attacks)

Or the other similar one that applies to spell casters.

Cry of frustration.

( Foe loses #X health every second. Ends if foe uses a skill )

??? Forgot name of skill.

( The next skill foe uses is disabled for 60...120 seconds )

See, I haven't played in a year, and I hardly play with mesmer as it is, because of clones.

Does mesmer already have the same or similar skills to those?

If it does, it's not clear to me.

Mesmer is so confusing. 

Not like the other classes that have neat and organised skills. You know which one does.

Mesmer just seems like a shuffled deck of cards.

So what would you bring/add to it, if anything, instead of clones?

On 5/24/2021 at 7:51 PM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

n that case, what about hexes?

Do you think that it's something that can be added as an option to replace clones without nerfing it or cause conflicts with other classes?

tbh i expect hexs to become a thing. Because i think it'll be very easy to overlay that with the shatters. because it can work off shatters damage without the clone effectively so just requires some text added to the traits.

On 5/24/2021 at 7:51 PM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

See, I haven't played in a year, and I hardly play with mesmer as it is, because of clones.

Does mesmer already have the same or similar skills to those?

If it does, it's not clear to me.

Mesmer is so confusing. 

they do, the issue is, their interupts through mantras can be casted inbetween skills and even while casting, so it has Little to none animation espically now they've removed the Mantras old style where u channeled it to the nhave the abilities.

the rest of its been nerfed down, the mesmers elite speccs have kinda just been torn apart over time.

Chronomancers Wells used t obe really good and Supportive, it used to have valid healing.. and was Litterally soo powerful in so many roles. but it all ghot nerfed down.. so its useful as only a tank now..

Mirage was Rly cool with its Dodge mechanic, Mirage was a build that actually didnt use its Shatters. u stacked them and basically only used clones if u could instantly summon another 3.. so it worked around sustaining clones and not just exploding them on repeat.  as they benefitted from ambush which added Damage.. but it got gutted with losing a Dodge and More and they went even further into nerfing Chrono.

I'd like hexs to come in. i dont think they'll take clones out all together. it wouldnt suprise me if they went the way of

F1 - F5 Hexs.

Utility traps - When a enemy runs over it, a Clone spawns and Dives into the location for a AoE Effect dependnt on which traps triggered

this would give the new elite the ability to scale from its Traits and more focused on shattering the ability to tie it self into the traps.

that'd be my personal opinon on the work around, as we have so much tied to clones it'll be seriously messy to suddenly try throw the clones out the window all together.. but traps could replicate the Clones benefits. without actually having a clone mechanic. Just a animation tied to the trap as such.

Now see, I'm trying to give an idea to replace clones with something else, and you want to bring more clones in and... wait for it... traps?

Traps for mesmer?

In what GW world does that make sense? 

So in your oppinion, interrupts would bring balance issues, thereby having to nerf all other classes.

That's your own saying, but traps wouldn't because...?

I don't think that traps fits mesmer at all, and would destroy the class.

Mesmer would lose its identity as a battle manipulator.

Next you would wanna give it a pet too.

The new mesmer: Ranger 2.0

I'm totally up against it.

Traps don't even have any casting time.

Not like back in the day.

Rangers just lay them down.

Mesmer is a spell caster.

I think if the devs are going to add something to it, and you went ballistic over rupts; might aswell be wards.

I know it was the elementalist that used wards back in the day.

But wards can offer a lot more than traps for mesmer.

Wards do a lot of different effects, such as slowing down foes, disable them from casting spells, reduce their attack power, so on do forth.

It would fit mesmer like a glove.

No more clones.

I'm trying to get rid of them and bring back the mesmer essence.

Alright, as I said, clones does fit the illusion trait, ok, it does.

But Domination should be about hexes and manipulation.

Wards could come under something like inspiration, or along those lines.

Elite spec could be called enchanter, and weapon could be a flute, or something musical... which the Elite Ward skill could cause confusion on foes.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203

3 hours ago, Senqu.8054 said:

@SoulGuardian.6203 I’m totally behind your opinion beside the ward idea. Chrono wells are to similar to this and should fulfill your idea of wards. 

Aren't they called Seals?

As far as I'm aware of, wells belong to Necromancer!?

Chronos are more like Seals or Ritualist marks...

In that case, I wouldn't mind more of those.

They actually look pretty neat and have awesome visual effects.

But Seals are not wards though.

That's like saying that Ranger or Guardian traps/symbols are like necros wells, or like thief's preparations.

Wards have totally different visual effects, and do different things.

If we're going to use the mindset of "Something similar already exists"

There's never going to be anything else added to the new Elite Specs.

Since weapons are hugely argued over, many saying that balance issues... are always a problem, and understandably; we don't wanna see our favourite classes being nerfed time and again... then the way to go is similar stuff.

Unless someone comes up with something totally different without copying other games.

I made a threat about 2 years ago, giving ideas to elite specs, bringing fresh ideas, so hopefully now it may be of good use to the devs.

30 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Aren't they called Seals?

As far as I'm aware of, wells belong to Necromancer!?

Chronos are more like Seals or Ritualist marks...

In that case, I wouldn't mind more of those.

They actually look pretty neat and have awesome visual effects.

But Seals are not wards though.

That's like saying that Ranger or Guardian traps/symbols are like necros wells, or like thief's preparations.

Wards have totally different visual effects, and do different things.

If we're going to use the mindset of "Something similar already exists"

There's never going to be anything else added to the new Elite Specs.

Since weapons are hugely argued over, many saying that balance issues... are always a problem, and understandably; we don't wanna see our favourite classes being nerfed time and again... then the way to go is similar stuff.

Unless someone comes up with something totally different without copying other games.

I made a threat about 2 years ago, giving ideas to elite specs, bringing fresh ideas, so hopefully now it may be of good use to the devs.

Their names are wells. The skill type is called wells. I don’t know what you mean with seals. It’s not about that this type of skills exists in this game. It’s about that this type of skill exists in a other espec of the same profession called chronomancer. Mesmer doesn’t need any more duplicated kitten of anything. How is it any different, if the one effect is placed from the player position and the other is placeable.

22 hours ago, Senqu.8054 said:

Their names are wells. The skill type is called wells. I don’t know what you mean with seals. It’s not about that this type of skills exists in this game. It’s about that this type of skill exists in a other espec of the same profession called chronomancer. Mesmer doesn’t need any more duplicated kitten of anything. How is it any different, if the one effect is placed from the player position and the other is placeable.

As far as I remember, chronos "wells" are like Seals placed on the ground.

Wards are very different. 

They are cast in a circular ring-like visual effect and remain in the initial cat place.

Maybe I didn't made myself clear enough explaining the differences. 

They are not the same, and are a better alternative to traps.

Since it has been said by the devs themselves; apparently, that they were not considering at the time using interrupts; which is the main topic here.

Then, wards might be the better choice.

Elementalists  back in GW1 used both wards, and ground spells, so why can mesmers not use both now?

Again, they are different. 

What do you prefer, more clones?

... instead of a broader choice to appeal to more people!?

I see a few people criticising every idea given, but cannot come up with a better one themselves.

Traps? Yeah, that would be fun on a mesmer.

I suggested ages ago to do something related to music.

Give them instruments, and skills would be based on musical notes cast at foes, and had various effects, such as confusion, etc...

The same waa told, like everytime. "Balance issues"

The devs are always, constantly adding balance patches, all the time, even without anything new being added.

Such as thief's preps that came out of the blue.

Necros Axe, Dagger, and focus skills that changed completely. 

I used to love the dark scythe effect of the... I think focus, if I'm not mistaken. They removed that entirely. 

I don't see what the problem is having both chrono wells and wards on mesmer.

Wards would be perfect for mesmers in every sense as it works like an illusion around them.

• Confused 3

14 hours ago, Senqu.8054 said:

Ehh, what is happening? 😅

What do you mean, what's happening? 

Did you read the whole thread?

There are people suggesting that the next mesmer ES should have traps instead of interrupts.

My point is that the main topic is requesting for interrupts, and there's all this drama about balance issues and nerfs, but they... including you, can't come up with a better idea for the next Elite Spec.

Then, when the next xpac comes out, you will all cry again like little girls, because instead of giving the devs constructive ideas, you behave like immature children with nonsense replies such as your last one, and get your mates to put silly emojies.

As I said before.

I love this game, and yes, I take it seriously.

I'm one of the few people that will keep playing it in years to come, and keep spending money on it as I still do with GW1.

I support the company in any way I can.

While the majority will move on to other games.

I want what's left behind to be something that me and the few remaining players will enjoy.

If you can't understand that, than there's nothing else I can do.

Now, I really wish that the devs will read this someday and please consider changing/adding an option to mesmers to be more hex or interrupt... or even a ward user to replace clones.

I like mesmers, but casting clones on every single weapon and depend on them isn't doing it any justice.

Necros and elementalist have the choice to summon minions.

Even rangers can put their pet away.

So why are mesmers bound to clones?

Just doesn't seem right.

• Confused 1

What's with the unecessary name calling?

I'm not against you friend.

I was explaining why someone was against my ideas, but yet could not provide a better idea.

Ok, thanks for the likes, but why did you remove them?

If you didn't like the idea of wards, why didn't you say so?

Posting things like "What's happening?" Without further related comments isn't doing any good, is it?

Can we go back to mesmer ES?