Raid Healer Herald?

Virdo.1540

I wanted to know/ask if anyone already had some experience as heal herald or with an Heal Herald in your squad as a single raid healer?

I know ,Herald cant give spirits like a druid, nor can it grant 25might (at least not easily and quickly) ,but is it able to keep a Squad alive in Raids / more intense raid bosses?

If it could ,how would you think about having a Herald as your Raid Healer? (Interested in others´ Opinion)

I don't have any as a raid healer. But I do have it as strike mission (Whisper of Jormag) condi herald support. And that's from around a year ago where ppl would screw it up often and wipes were a frequent occurance.

It rocked and most likely still rocks. Herald's reliability at applying the "small boons" is nothing to scoff at. My group had perma prot and fury from me all the time. I could easily gapclose to boss, negate one shot mechanics with glint heal (letting me ress a teammate for example) and break cc bar. There was some healing involved (staff, plaguedoctor stats), but i certainly was not the main healer.
Personal dps was also very solid for a support. I would see moments i was dishing out 15k in condies and i still wasn't perfectly skilled/buffed for the job

The point I'm making here is this:

Practice vs theory are two different things. I get hfb in almost any high end fractal group i get. And it's a lucky day if i see any protection on my reaper that he actually cared to provide. Fury happens, but again that's not a guarantee (I need it for 100% crit chance). They're supposed to throw these things left and right, but that's not my hands-on experience. And a good protection goes a long way in keeping your 40k+ dps dodos alive..

I don't know about being a main healer. But if you provide consistent protection, fury and regeneration (if you invested in healing power and traits) you will lift a LOT of heat off other healer's shoulders, and make your pug runs much more stable. Given the dodos can understand a value of a utility member rather than another 40k+ dps..when not down again..

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Thanks 1

Before the patch it was way better healer that firebrand, but you know, lazy people needs overturned classes for aegis, stability, healing, regen...

With the Soulcleave nerf I can't tell anymore. 

Edited by Telgum.6071
Typo

31 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Before the patch it was way better healer that firebrand, but you know, lazy people needs overturned classes for aegis, stability, healing, regen...

you are talking about renegade ,not herald    right?

35 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

I don't understand the "lazy people" part. Sharing Soulcleave and orbs/heal from ventari is "worthy", but aegis, stab, regen is "lazy"  ?

It has never been a "way better healer", it was just a better compromise as support in 10 men squad because of Righteous Rebel but not because of healing.

As HFB is a better compromise in fractals.

Renegade was the clear superior until Soulcleave was nerfed.  It's still probably better because your heal is an AoE that heals others.  I don't know that there's really much to Herald that would really make it much better unless you really have no one else in the group to cover fury and that little bit of extra might.  Considering the new sources of might in builds, I doubt any group is really hurting there.

On 5/20/2021 at 12:44 PM, Virdo.1540 said:

I wanted to know/ask if anyone already had some experience as heal herald or with an Heal Herald in your squad as a single raid healer?

I know ,Herald cant give spirits like a druid, nor can it grant 25might (at least not easily and quickly) ,but is it able to keep a Squad alive in Raids / more intense raid bosses?

If it could ,how would you think about having a Herald as your Raid Healer? (Interested in others´ Opinion)

Hi mate, yes i made healing herald composition with my old guild not while ago(after patch). It goes perfectly with staff mirage as 2 of you grant almost all boons uptime. Herald can easily heal 10 players in even hardest boss fights. There are few things that you need to be aware of. 

First of all reason why such thing exist is to have only one healer and more dps slots. It replaces druid as mirage now grants might to 10 people, so herald is just the better healer. Tempest is very close to herald healing but it lacks some stuff like protection uptime without earth traitline and heal over time. 

To maximize herald healing you have to have "Superior sigil of strength" in order to grant yourself might on critical hits to proc trait which grants might to all allies which procs "Elevated compasion" while not in Dragon legend. You need to use spam staff auto attack chain in order to spawn 2 orbs for each chain which grants vigor to 5 closest allies. 

Build is very simple: Dragon-centaur, salvation-devastion-herald.

**However...** I found something that makes herald also 100% dmg reduction tank with harrier gear and 1005 toughness(toughness infusion). It goes with corruption-salavation-herald as you get 33% dmg reduction from resistance which you get when invoking torment-legend swap.

All in all as tank you have to have low health pool because you don't have healer to grant you "outging healing bonus" but your own healing. So harrier with 17k hp is the way to go rather than minstrel or celestial stats with 25k hp. 

• Like 1

Keep in mind that tank vesion is also with dragon-centaur and not with dwarf. You need food with 10% dmg reduction, 33% from resistance, 33% from protection, 15% from healing self or allies, 9% to 15% from ukpeeps.

It goes with 80% outgoing healing and with hammer-staff.

I also tried celestial version with mace-shield/staff. It also adds 10k dps but then it can't do other things.

Responsibility is so high, you have to tank boss, heal allies and not mess with mechanics, if you die, it is wipe.

Why is this really good-you let more dps slots, and allow even poor players to win bosses with poor dps per player. 

Herald also has great synergy with barrier-healing scourge. 

This is example of build for tank-healer: 
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAIZllQKMKyiNRXsKCjFSisBqgj0TbrC-zRJYqRFfZEYKUdF47BJYSIglW3sA-e

Keep in mind you will have 91% dmg reduction this way, it may go wild on some bosses(you gonna take dmg which you may not be able to overheal). So be careful, if you really need 100% dmg reduction then you have to go for hardening persistence in herald traitline but also without superior sigil of strength. Then you gonna proc "elevated compasion" trait via vigor and alacrity in centaur, but probably not on 10 targets so careful with decisions!

1 hour ago, Svez Poizon XD.5268 said:

You need to use spam staff auto attack chain in order to spawn 2 orbs for each chain which grants vigor to 5 closest allies. 

Did they fix that trait? Not too long ago it only gave vigor to the one that picked it up. Also did they fix the heal prio? 

When it came out it was "Collector + herald+ Heralds-Subgroup"

& i doubt the 5 toughness-tank thing will work in pugs.

But however, i really appreciate the detailed description ^^

On 5/22/2021 at 12:02 AM, Virdo.1540 said:

Did they fix that trait? Not too long ago it only gave vigor to the one that picked it up. Also did they fix the heal prio? 

When it came out it was "Collector + herald+ Heralds-Subgroup"

& i doubt the 5 toughness-tank thing will work in pugs.

But however, i really appreciate the detailed description ^^

If you don't have sub groups it provides vigor to 5 closest allies, so even allies who step on them can proc them in an small aoe. You create so many of them.

In pugs herald won't work anyway, it is very nice healer, easy to keep everyone on full health. I tried to tank but i am dumb to block/evade things in right time, overall its 100% dmg reduction works very well.