Today's update

I've got 3 accounts: a free one, a core game only one and one with both expansions. None of them got mailed anything but the first two were able to unlock Gates Maguuma and Entanglement for free through the story journal. The 3rd already had them unlocked.

(All 3 can also see the new achievements.)

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

You can just go into the story journal can click the "Buy Now" for 0 gems button ...

It is also per episode not per season. This week is ep1 and 2 of season 2.

Really glad I saw this. Have a friend who has never been super excited about the game, but want them to get as many of these free things as they can in case they change their mind some day. I would have instinctively expected the same pop-up unlock to work, as if they were live. It wouldn't have occurred to me to go unlock the episode as a buy, as I've never had to do that before.

4 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

From the Patch Notes:

For the duration of each episode's special event, that episode will be free to purchase in the Gem Store and an instant unlock will be directly mailed to you.

Based on my experience just now both of those are inaccurate.

None of my accounts got anything mailed to them, and the unlocks were in the story journal in the hero panel, not in the gem store.

Edit: my main account got the mail the second time I logged into it after downloading the update. The other two still don't have anything, but that might be because they don't have any level 80 characters so they're not eligable to participate in the event.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, notebene.3190 said:

Really glad I saw this. Have a friend who has never been super excited about the game, but want them to get as many of these free things as they can in case they change their mind some day. I would have instinctively expected the same pop-up unlock to work, as if they were live. It wouldn't have occurred to me to go unlock the episode as a buy, as I've never had to do that before.

The game also sends a mail on my account with HoT/PoF but without the episodes unlocked on a lv80 character in a non-city map.

Just checked on my free account with nothing but there is no mail. However this is a level 4 character(never had any lv80 on the account). However the episode is unlockable through the story journal. The mail might require a lv80 character.

Edit: Just logged on to an account that already had everything unlocked and that account got the mail with the unlock items as well despite already having the episodes unlocked so it seems like it is mostly a having a lv80 character thing or logging into a lv80 character.

Edited by Khisanth.2948

4 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

The game also sends a mail on my account with HoT/PoF but without the episodes unlocked on a lv80 character in a non-city map.

Just checked on my free account with nothing but there is no mail. However this is a level 4 character(never had any lv80 on the account). However the episode is unlockable through the story journal. The mail might require a lv80 character.

Yes, it seems to be restricted to lvl 80. At least on my alt accounts the mail only appeared when I switched from low lvl chars to a lvl 80 char.

• Like 1