Should Soulbeast get some trait for poison application?

anduriell.6280

Should Soulbeast get sometrait for poison application?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Similar to Sharpened Edges(on crit) works for beeding or  Diabolic Inferno(when applied other condition) or other mechanic... 

• Yes
    • No

46 minutes ago, AlexndrTheGreat.8310 said:

Both daggers have poison abilities.

As does sword, Refined Toxins, Poison Master, sigils and runes, and there's a reasonably effective build or two out there that's based on poison.

Plus, Predator's Cunning heals per stack not per application. Viper's Nest (since it was mentioned) can put out 18 stacks on its own (6 per target; max 3 targets), on a 16s cd when traited.

Can't say I agree with the OP's premise.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Choppy.4183 said:

Viper's Nest (since it was mentioned) can put out 18 stacks on its own (6 per target; max 3 targets), on a 16s cd when traited.

Even more, because it has a target cap of 5 nowadays (used to be 3 but got changed at some point).

I would like to see soulbeast have an on critical hit apply poison trait, possibly even add it to predators cunning. Would go along way in helping out condi soulbeasts.

Also I would like to see furious strength changed to increase condition damage as well!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

I would like to see soulbeast have an on critical hit apply poison trait, possibly even add it to predators cunning. Would go along way in helping out condi soulbeasts.

Also I would like to see furious strength changed to increase condition damage as well!

The reason I think Sharpened Edges is a trash trait is because the stat investment you need to put in to get a decent crit chance isn't remotely compensated by the benefit you get (or even could get). 

Given that most ranger condi builds will use a mix of TB and/or Dire in competitive play, and I assume something similar in pve, I'm missing how poison on crit would be that beneficial for condi soulbeasts. How would you design the trait to make it valuable, or am I missing something obvious?

Ironically, I think it's power builds who would benefit the most since they typically have higher crit chances. I run at around 90% ATM, and I could permanently suppress enemy healing by 1/3 and pull some sustain off of it especially if it had no ICD on it like Predators Cunning. Think about how much health you'd gain from Rapid Fire, or better yet, Barrage or Whirling Axes against several enemies.

Actually I don’t think it would be that impactful, you can see it how it performs with sharpened edges, barely see any bleeds even with very high crit chance. 

I did pick that trait on purpose as an example, poison can be a very powerful condition if it’s easily spammed with long applications.
My idea behind it is to open builds to grieving, seraph or viper builds, moving the class from the condi tank meta so prevalent for other classes.

The current utility is not enough to open  that role as they don’t provide sustained sustain which is needed for a less tanky condi build. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
Clarification

10 hours ago, Choppy.4183 said:

The reason I think Sharpened Edges is a trash trait is because the stat investment you need to put in to get a decent crit chance isn't remotely compensated by the benefit you get (or even could get). 

Given that most ranger condi builds will use a mix of TB and/or Dire in competitive play, and I assume something similar in pve, I'm missing how poison on crit would be that beneficial for condi soulbeasts. How would you design the trait to make it valuable, or am I missing something obvious?

Ironically, I think it's power builds who would benefit the most since they typically have higher crit chances. I run at around 90% ATM, and I could permanently suppress enemy healing by 1/3 and pull some sustain off of it especially if it had no ICD on it like Predators Cunning. Think about how much health you'd gain from Rapid Fire, or better yet, Barrage or Whirling Axes against several enemies.

Neither TB or Dire is available in pvp. 7/9 pvp amulets with condition damage also include precision as a stat, so that why on crit hit apply such and such can work with condi soulbeast.

My condi soulbeast also runs vipers in pve/instance content.

I agree SE is a trash trait, it really needs to be reworked and combined with hidden barbs and made to work when merged by applying 2 bleeds instead of 1.