team crash cheating ?

Entropo.1524

today at 15:07 GMT+1 , i played a ranked pvp . the game was painfuly onesided with us winning reach about 231 points with the enemy gettin their first kill  the game continue being that way intill a point where all of our team crashed  , and it wasnt any normal crash it was a total pc brick we had to restart our pcs ,its the second time this happened to me personaly and many of my guildies been experiencing it , i am quite honestly not sure what it could be , i never experienced any case of gw2 bricking my pc and im not sure if its some sort of cheat or attack cause what stoped them from using it again so im genuinly confused , because as it happened i got a 1 hour and a half dishonor timeout  plz share ur experiences if u experienced something like this 

This happened a few daya ago for me. But since then i have play dozens of games with out this problem. It was extremely weird. I was duoing with a friend when we both our computers locked up. I needed a reboot he was ok with just ending the task in task manager.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630

I've had similar strange DCs happening lately actually as well.

These DCs have not been normal. They won't just kick me out to character screen or log in, they will completely bug up my GW2 and make me have to End Task the program to even be able to shut it down and restart it. On some occasions it will somehow even bug up my ability to click anything at all when I close the GW2 screen and look at my desktop, resulting in me needing to force restart my PC to get anything to work.

It only ever happens when I am in Ranked or sometimes in ATs. It has never happened in Unranked matches, never in WvW, never in PvE. I can Unranked/WvW/PvE for hours and it won't happen, but if I queue 3 or 4 games of Ranked and run AT lately, I'm almost certain to have it happen at some point. It's actually really pissing me off because it interrupts & ruins my stream footage.

Make of it what you will.

1 hour ago, Shao.7236 said:

Did it look like this? I've got some more footage that is similar to upload that looks like that, this has crashed most people that witnessed the player coming out of Stealth.

https://youtu.be/3NBWToIBjr0

This happened against a thief for me as well. I would suppose something about thief/stealth is making people crash, and those who realized it are exploiting that.

Edited by Kanto.2485
Missing quote

• 1 month later...

I was gonna bump my old post but turns out someone did for this one.

Anyway, it happened again after I used Jade Wind on a thief while they were in Stealth. Soon as they reappear, just instant crash for my entire team. I got it on Stream too, I'd have to trim it.

I also made a whole hotm lobby crash once while fighting another Thief in FFA. This bug is getting ridiculous.

Edited by Shao.7236

Fell out of plat3 because I dcd. It was so bad I had to restart. We were actually ahead to where we would’ve won but ended up losing 490-500. Afterwards I learned my duo got kicked out of the game too which other people on my team pointed out as the reason we lost.

not sure what’s happening with this type of stuff

• 8 months later...

Its some kind of bug with stealth, (usually) DX11 and certain software/hardware combinations. It doesn't happen to the enemy team because they always see the Thief, but your team doesn't see him until a certain point.

They're likely exploiting a known bug in a shader, wearing certain armors/etc. that might glitch out when fading in from stealth to clients that can't otherwise see them while invisible (e.g enemy teams in PvP). Like I said, because the Thief is never hidden to allies, it doesn't affect them.

Edited by Hannelore.8153