PSA No Down State Week Starting This Friday Reset June 18th

XenesisII.1540

16 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I agree. I can res almost anyone I want in most fights and it is somewhat their fault they can't stop me.  I often run scrapper and am quite proud of it. But that's not what I'm talking about here.  It's deflecting the issue anyways.

I'd easily take a player that can't finish fights but contributes damage or control over a player that constantly goes down and needs to be res'd. and then goes down again. You usually have a hard time contributing much when down. They are not equal because the former can at least run away lol. A player that downs a lot probably isn't finishing anyone off either! (Maybe necros)

A player that downs constantly is not just inefficient-- they actively hurt their group and I find that to be a toxic mechanic.

Is it really that hard to put on a little defensive stats or dodge occasionally?

the problem about this is still... that if a pack of roamers, lets say five thieves and or rangers, try to warry down a 25 ish group far from spawn, they can just focus all dmg on 1 herald or scourge. if the support isn't fast they can gank it, bc they have far too big dps in short time, and the silly warclaw dismount mechanics.

still, there's not skill in that. and that player isn't directly inefficient. like renegade stab-strip or mesmerstrips+pulls are pretty nobrain to pull off and there's not a lot u can do, outside of beeing extremly experienced.

on the other hand, these 5 random potatoe groups would give more for their server, if they'd just swap to a useful group comp and support their opentag, or starting an opentag.

which often also doesn't work because the other 40 people on the map also don't play useful classes.... circle continues

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

the problem about this is still... that if a pack of roamers, lets say five thieves and or rangers, try to warry down a 25 ish group far from spawn, they can just focus all dmg on 1 herald or scourge. if the support isn't fast they can gank it, bc they have far too big dps in short time, and the silly warclaw dismount mechanics.

still, there's not skill in that. and that player isn't directly inefficient. like renegade stab-strip or mesmerstrips+pulls are pretty nobrain to pull off and there's not a lot u can do, outside of beeing extremly experienced.

on the other hand, these 5 random potatoe groups would give more for their server, if they'd just swap to a useful group comp and support their opentag, or starting an opentag.

which often also doesn't work because the other 40 people on the map also don't play useful classes.... circle continues

I agree with adjusting to work off of each other, build templates are there, but in an open tag for map pinging and Alert Targeting I'd still rather have builds people are tuned into and can close or bounce with on their own. A tightly packed comp is nice if stays up but that gets hard to roll up on the move or to cover. 

Given, if they're hovering around the tag anyway you're probably right and they could put a legit squad together and try to light up a map for an hour or something. 

4 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

Picking off members of a squad is a skill. Dying when you outnumber the enemy is a lack of skill.  The only reason why anyone in a group of 25 gets ganked by a group of 5  like that is they aren't on tag, are inattentive, or the group as a whole lacks organization.

Yes it is 100% the players' fault especially on a mount. The squad should also protect their tail and move in a proper shape.

Unless you are a popular tag and subject to pin snipe, you will never get ganked if you're on tag.

That's just nonsense. These small groups can cut off supply, take objectives that the enemy zerg isn't when they're engaging, tap crap, etc. But most importantly they can form a screen against the other sides' gankers so zerg players can make it safely for large fights to prevent the situation you described above. This game mode wasn't just about map q vs map q anyways.

The only time these players are useless are when they're directly on the tag and not doing any of the above.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1